ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Predictions from CBS' Jerry Palm

No formula. He probably knows that Hamrick and Holiday only want bowl games in Florida against MAC opponents. It's for the players remember. Just kidding.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Love the match up, but the game should be in New Orleans; can't happen as that is a Sun Belt match up.

Anything less than a Power Conf. Bowl or Power Conf. Opponent will be a satisfying season. Can't get looked at by the Power 5 if you play G of 5 in Bowls. Very simple. The next tectonic changes will be the last.

Playing any G5 team in a bowl would be a disappointment just like last year. I just read an article the other day talking about how CUSA was 4-1 in bowls and all they mentioned was the win of Illinois. Not Northern. It's all about perception. Even though northern ill was better than ill the media and public perceive Ill as better because they are a P5 conference. Same with why Boise got credit for playing and getting killed by a P5 school. Just having them on the schedule gets you points.

Reactions: mlblack16
Playing any G5 team in a bowl would be a disappointment just like last year. I just read an article the other day talking about how CUSA was 4-1 in bowls and all they mentioned was the win of Illinois. Not Northern. It's all about perception. Even though northern ill was better than ill the media and public perceive Ill as better because they are a P5 conference. Same with why Boise got credit for playing and getting killed by a P5 school. Just having them on the schedule gets you points.

Yet, at the end of last season, there were countless fans who demanded Northern Illinois, a MAC school, would garner more respect than a bowl eligible B1G. In fact, it was criminal to even suggest the opposite.

We have a winner! Its all about perception.

NIU were one of ESPN's small school darlings so they killed the coverage of the game on their network as son as the massacre was over. Fact is, we should have been the G5 rep as we lost by 1-pt without our key player Johnson, and ESPN had to cover up the evidence, since they own the committee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT