ADVERTISEMENT

Bro

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Either last summer or the summer before that, I was tortured while at a neighborhood pool: I had to sit there and listen to a 40-something year old dad constantly call his son and his son's friends "bro." The kids kept saying "bro" to him and each other, and they weren't doing it in a joking or mocking manner. They were being serious by saying it. They were playing catch with a football in the pool and every other comment was "come on, bro, that throw was way too high. Bro, I can't catch that." Then the response was usually along the lines of "bro, if you can get a hand on it, you can catch it. Do you even watch football, bro"?

A few weeks ago, I was sitting behind a youth team's soccer bench. The kids on the bench kept calling each other "bro." This team was probably 11U. Then, before that game ended, an older group of kids (probably 14U) came and sat on the same bench, and they all kept saying "bro" to each other.

On Memorial Day, while in my gym, a group of young girls (probably around eight years old) came in and were being typical kids. They aren't supposed to be in there alone if they aren't 16, and they aren't supposed to be in there even with an adult if they aren't 13. A woman on an elliptical had enough of their horseplay and told them it wasn't a playground and they needed to leave. One of the young girls responded to her with "bro, we are just trying to get a workout in." Another young girl responded with "where do you want us to go, bro? We are sick of being at the pool."

I've mentioned it before, but my neighborhood is like Vegas for children with everything here, so just about every residence has a handful of young children. 35% of all people who live here are 18 or younger. I try to avoid people and having to talk to them as much as possible, so I am not around kids frequently. But is that how you and your children talk? Do you sound like complete idiots each time you open your mouth and can't resist from saying "bro"?

Bro is just a PC word for well, you know the word that corporate says we can't use.

Bro? I prefer...

brotherman.gif

There is nothing weirder than hear a young girl call someone bro... Just no, bro.

Either last summer or the summer before that, I was tortured while at a neighborhood pool: I had to sit there and listen to a 40-something year old dad constantly call his son and his son's friends "bro." The kids kept saying "bro" to him and each other, and they weren't doing it in a joking or mocking manner. They were being serious by saying it. They were playing catch with a football in the pool and every other comment was "come on, bro, that throw was way too high. Bro, I can't catch that." Then the response was usually along the lines of "bro, if you can get a hand on it, you can catch it. Do you even watch football, bro"?

A few weeks ago, I was sitting behind a youth team's soccer bench. The kids on the bench kept calling each other "bro." This team was probably 11U. Then, before that game ended, an older group of kids (probably 14U) came and sat on the same bench, and they all kept saying "bro" to each other.

On Memorial Day, while in my gym, a group of young girls (probably around eight years old) came in and were being typical kids. They aren't supposed to be in there alone if they aren't 16, and they aren't supposed to be in there even with an adult if they aren't 13. A woman on an elliptical had enough of their horseplay and told them it wasn't a playground and they needed to leave. One of the young girls responded to her with "bro, we are just trying to get a workout in." Another young girl responded with "where do you want us to go, bro? We are sick of being at the pool."

I've mentioned it before, but my neighborhood is like Vegas for children with everything here, so just about every residence has a handful of young children. 35% of all people who live here are 18 or younger. I try to avoid people and having to talk to them as much as possible, so I am not around kids frequently. But is that how you and your children talk? Do you sound like complete idiots each time you open your mouth and can't resist from saying "bro"?

This is proof you’re from the redneck part of New York. If you grew up anywhere near the city, you would be used to that term.

What kind of sick fvck goes to a youth soccer game and sits behind the bench without a kid playing.
Somebody is worried that I am encroaching on his juvenile butt massage territory!

Wait, actually yeah what?

One of my daily walks takes me on the perimeter of the sports complex. That paved perimeter then connects to one of the nature walks here. When kids play on the football/soccer field, they play horizontally (across the field) the short way. The only seating is behind each bench area unless people bring their own seating (which most do). But since I don't go there to watch games, I don't bring a chair with me. I just have to sit there at times for a break, as I have to sit down once or twice during my walks. And if one of those times that I have to sit happens to be during a youth game, the only option I have for seating is behind where they sit on a bench:

You mad, bro?

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT and 19MU88
This is proof you’re from the redneck part of New York. If you grew up anywhere near the city, you would be used to that term.
This is proof that you have never spent the night outside of West Virginia, a cruise ship, or Disney.

Growing up, "bro" wasn't used in the way little kids use it now. The word New Yorkers used was "kid," the N-word, and a few others. Black guys didn't use "bro," and they still don't unless it is to each other.

Where I grew up was white collar and ran by a Fortune 500 company. It was the complete opposite of redneck. If anything, it was yuppy full of scientists from all over the world and high business execs. The city next door, which shares an airport, is completely opposite. It's crime rate is 4 (1 being the lowest, 100 being the highest). Huntington's crime rate is 7. That city is hood. Numerous rappers (Nas, Wu Tang, Fat Joe, Benny the Butcher, etc.) have talked about it in their songs, which is shocking considering how small it is in population. "Bro" was and is not something blacks say.

This is proof that you have never spent the night outside of West Virginia, a cruise ship, or Disney.

Growing up, "bro" wasn't used in the way little kids use it now. The word New Yorkers used was "kid," the N-word, and a few others. Black guys didn't use "bro," and they still don't unless it is to each other.

Where I grew up was white collar and ran by a Fortune 500 company. It was the complete opposite of redneck. If anything, it was yuppy full of scientists from all over the world and high business execs. The city next door, which shares an airport, is completely opposite. It's crime rate is 4 (1 being the lowest, 100 being the highest). Huntington's crime rate is 7. That city is hood. Numerous rappers (Nas, Wu Tang, Fat Joe, Benny the Butcher, etc.) have talked about it in their songs, which is shocking considering how small it is in population. "Bro" was and is not something blacks say.
Cool story, bro. I mean Lassie.

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT and 19MU88
Somebody is worried that I am encroaching on his juvenile butt massage territory!

One of my daily walks takes me on the perimeter of the sports complex. That paved perimeter then connects to one of the nature walks here. When kids play on the football/soccer field, they play horizontally (across the field) the short way. The only seating is behind each bench area unless people bring their own seating (which most do). But since I don't go there to watch games, I don't bring a chair with me. I just have to sit there at times for a break, as I have to sit down once or twice during my walks. And if one of those times that I have to sit happens to be during a youth game, the only option I have for seating is behind where they sit on a bench:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You have to make a decision to sit and watch little kids play soccer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT