ADVERTISEMENT

Culture Shock

You could have similar within an hour's drive from major metro areas. That would also allow the other things you miss out on, most of all, being within close proximity to educated people. If you could double your salary, then you're doing a huge disservice to your family by not moving to one of these three properties.

This is 30 minutes from San Diego, sits on 4 acres for $1.3, has a detached guest house hundreds of yards away and a detached office to get away from your family. Three sides of you have no neighbors for miles. There are only Only five neighbors within .3 miles, none of them within yelling distance:

This is 30 minutes from San Diego and sits on 5 acres for $1.2, but you do have five neighbors within .5 miles:

Same as above but sits on 10 acres:

You're missing out on a lot of life.
damn, those are some nice looking homes that we could actually afford. no way in hell the wife and kids would be down for moving out there. well, the wife is all that matters at this point, the kids are grown with one of them working on the road and only staying at home once in a while on the weekends. the other is in college and is planning to come to work for me when she graduates in a couple years, assuming she stays with it.

at any rate, no way the wife would move away at this point, and, i'm sure you've heard the old saying, "happy wife, happy life" . . . or maybe it was "no wife, happy life". at any rate, while that looks intriguing, our families are here, we're not ready for a move like that.

crazy that my house in WV is worth almost as much as those in Cali, that look to be as nice, or maybe even a bit nicer, depending on one's opinion.

EDIT (for the edit police): damn, real estate tax on the Alps Way house comes in at over $16K annually. i pay around 10% of that on a house of close to the same value in WV. WV assessors are crooked as the day is long, though, as there's a helluva difference between what they appraise my house at to get to the assessed value, and what it actually appraises for.

Last edited:
Read below:

Raoul spelled "plagiarize" incorrectly twice.

Then, you followed with:

I thought you were mocking him for his misspelling after he called out somebody else, but I guess you missed it, too.
yeah, i'm not a member of the spelling gestapo, even though i do try to spell most words correct to keep from having to deal with the rifles of the bored.

At first? You just spelled it wrong again, moron. When you edit that same error again, you should probably delete your comment about me considering you just made the same fvcking error after having corrected it minutes earlier.
that one was actually on purpose, figured you'd pick up on that. keep forgetting about that brain injury, doe.

@riflearm2 and, how in the hell did you come up with me making fun of his spelling error when i clearly indicated i was referring to greed's posts being found elsewhere with a google search. stop posting and get to that dr appt.

i hope this is one of those "i was being sarcastic" posts you often post after you've posted something asinine, as 99.9% of his posts that have what appears to be any cognitive thought put into can be googled and found elsewhere.

damn, those are some nice looking homes that we could actually afford. no way in hell the wife and kids would be down for moving out there. well, the wife is all that matters at this point, the kids are grown with one of them working on the road and only staying at home once in a while on the weekends. the other is in college and is planning to come to work for me when she graduates in a couple years, assuming she stays with it.

at any rate, no way the wife would move away at this point, and, i'm sure you've heard the old saying, "happy wife, happy life" . . . or maybe it was "no wife, happy life". at any rate, while that looks intriguing, our families are here, we're not ready for a move like that.

crazy that my house in WV is worth almost as much as those in Cali, that look to be as nice, or maybe even a bit nicer, depending on one's opinion.
You're crazy. Take them to San Diego and those first two houses (the cheaper ones), and they would have their bags packed ready to move before they even returned to WV.

30 minutes to downtown SD, 20 minutes to the beach, those views, that acreage . . . a separate two bedroom house for your son a hundred yards away . . . the detached office for your daughter to create videos . . . the country's best weather. They'd beg to move there.

You're crazy. Take them to San Diego and those first two houses (the cheaper ones), and they would have their bags packed ready to move before they even returned to WV.

30 minutes to downtown SD, 20 minutes to the beach, those views, that acreage . . . a separate two bedroom house for your son a hundred yards away . . . the detached office for your daughter to create videos . . . the country's best weather. They'd beg to move there.
got damn, "Butch Bangs Caitlin".

200w.gif

Moron, you're the one who started claiming that California was a shithole. So answer your own question.

Dumbass, it is a shithole. That's my opinion and my opinion is based on Democrat policies. They are failing our country and its citizens.

Reactions: 19MU88
Dumbass, it is a shithole. That's my opinion and my opinion is based on Democrat policies. They are failing our country and its citizens.
Yet when we look at states controlled by Republican politicians, they are overwhelmingly the biggest shitholes. How does that work if what you claim is true?

yeah, i spelled assinine wrong at first. but, wtf are you talking about me calling RD out for a spelling error? miss yore cracked cranium followup?
You're a liar. Want proof?? You're here.

SEE BELOW........

Yet when we look at states controlled by Republican politicians, they are overwhelmingly the biggest shitholes. How does that work if what you claim is true?

Yet there's a mass exodus from the shitholes to Red states. Even the wealthy are leaving.

Big Blue cities are the shittiest of shitholes.

I don't step over homeless people, step in shit or worry about illegal immigrants on my way to work, like in Blue city shitholes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT