ADVERTISEMENT

But the Laptop!

Legally, does it matter who pays your taxes? I'm pretty sure the government just wants the money.

Dude...obviously you don't know me. Guns are fvxking awesome.
Hunter filled out the form wrong(lied) that would likely get you or I thrown in prison for at least a bit of a vacation in the federal Hilton . He also was careless with a gun and it ended up in a trash dumpster near a school. There is damn double standard here.

Why am I not at all surprised by your response?
Because I am logical.

As an advocate of both medical and recreational legal marijuana, the whole drug use prohibition on firearms is of great interest to me. It's bullshit. Of note is this recent case in my neck of the woods, I look forward to this reaching SCOTUS, where we can find out where these so-called conservative justices really stand on personal rights and freedom:

https://apnews.com/article/us-supre...orleans-city-c79d6fedc97ba657d2cab17f59354a95

So yeah, lie to feds. Fvck em. For years I've been warning gun owners that medical weed cards can get them in prison, might as well keep buying from your plug, or play the odds that it is rarely prosecuted. Me, well there is a reason I only purchase farm bill compliant products.

I'd reckon the drug most likely to lead to a shooting is alcohol. People get drunk and shoot people all the time. But you can use alcohol and buy a gun. It makes no sense.

Hunter filled out the form wrong(lied) that would likely get you or I thrown in prison for at least a bit of a vacation in the federal Hilton . He also was careless with a gun and it ended up in a trash dumpster near a school. There is damn double standard here.
Is it illegal to throw away a gun? No? Are you advocating making that illegal? And if so, to be clear that means you favor more gun regulations.

I'm not telling you he's a smart guy, or even a moral guy. I'm telling you his prosecution is consistent: the government got their money, and used a charge usually used as leverage as....leverage. Lucky for him, the gun form wasn't his only legal issue, I guess.

As I told Black, I've been following this drug use/buying guns thing for a while now.

Correct me if I have this wrong...not paying taxes on time means he eventually paid the taxes? I'm ok with probation for that.

Lying when buying a gun by not declaring he was using drugs? I'm ok with that; I mean I am actually OK with lying about that, I believe it is not the government's business if you use drugs unless you harm others while using. Millions of Americans lie about that every year and are not prosecuted (this is simply logical, how many states have legal pot now lol). I've read that there are only about 200 of these prosecutions per year, usually it's an extra charge against people doing dumb shit to use as leverage for a plea. Sounds like what happened here.

I haven't read a ton on it, but did he even file corporate tax returns at all for these shell LLC companies?

I don't know what is "normal," but failure to file on 7 figures of income seems like a big deal for normal people. I don't know though - but I do know they can file criminal charges on failure to file. How often that happens though (I assume rare)...that's another story.

I haven't read a ton on it, but did he even file corporate tax returns at all for these shell LLC companies?

I don't know what is "normal," but failure to file on 7 figures of income seems like a big deal for normal people. I don't know though - but I do know they can file criminal charges on failure to file. How often that happens though (I assume rare)...that's another story.
I haven't read a ton on it either, and likely won't. But I did read enough to read that the government got their money, and we both know that in the end that is what they want.

Maybe ThunderKitty can share his thoughts on this, but I figure "yeah he filed late but paid up" might be a hard sell to a jury. Hence a plea agreement for probation.

And of course it is another story. White collar crime always is, unless you steal from people richer and more powerful than you, then they put the screws to you.

Because I am logical.
Loop Trump GIF

Reactions: 19MU88
Is it illegal to throw away a gun? No? Are you advocating making that illegal? And if so, to be clear that means you favor more gun regulations.

I'm not telling you he's a smart guy, or even a moral guy. I'm telling you his prosecution is consistent: the government got their money, and used a charge usually used as leverage as....leverage. Lucky for him, the gun form wasn't his only legal issue, I guess.

As I told Black, I've been following this drug use/buying guns thing for a while now.
Throwing it away may not be illegal but it is stupid gun ownership . In his case it might have been illegal as evidence. Didn't the secret service cover for him?

That's what some of us have been railing against for some time. You close-minded idiot.

Evidence of what?

Why of course. It's right there in oath breaker conspiracy brochure page 6666.
Moron, he broke a federal firearms law by lying on the form. the DOJ dropped it, of course they did. You are I would probably be serving some time.

Why did he try to hide the gun? Because he obtained it illegally.

You should ask the Donald Trump-appointed US attorney
To be fair, if he were a Trump loyalist he wouldn't still be in office. The U.S. Attorney in each and every District in the country serves at the will of the President. Most of the time (90+%) they change when the administration does. The fact that this guy was a Trump appointee that's still working under the current administration should tell you everything you need to know about his politics.

Reactions: 19MU88
Legally, does it matter who pays your taxes? I'm pretty sure the government just wants the money.

Dude...obviously you don't know me. Guns are fvxking awesome.
Actually, yes (I think it depends on how it's handled.) If anyone wants to look into Hunter's "sugar brother" it's worth checking out. Read into it. I'm not kidding, take the time to read into it. If you read into with an open but critical mind, there's no way you come away thinking it's above board. Some tacit shit is going down.

To be fair, if he were a Trump loyalist he wouldn't still be in office. The U.S. Attorney in each and every District in the country serves at the will of the President. Most of the time (90+%) they change when the administration does. The fact that this guy was a Trump appointee that's still working under the current administration should tell you everything you need to know about his politics.
Too bad Greed is an idiot. He doesn't understand what you just said.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
So what you're saying is the orange jesus is totally unable to appoint someone that can get the job done. ok

There’s also video of him distributing drugs to others while in possession of the gun.
Define distribution. Was he sharing his stash? IDGAF. Was he actually, you know, selling crack? Lock him up.
Throwing it away may not be illegal but it is stupid gun ownership .
You'll get no argument from me on that one. Again, I am not telling you he is a good person, or not an idiot...cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Actually, yes (I think it depends on how it's handled.) If anyone wants to look into Hunter's "sugar brother" it's worth checking out. Read into it. I'm not kidding, take the time to read into it. If you read into with an open but critical mind, there's no way you come away thinking it's above board. Some tacit shit is going down.
I looked up who. Trey Parker and Matt Stone's lawyer? Goddamn, that sounds like a great gig. I'm actually befuddled, what is bad about that? Is Hunter sucking his dick or something?

I looked up who. Trey Parker and Matt Stone's lawyer? Goddamn, that sounds like a great gig. I'm actually befuddled, what is bad about that? Is Hunter sucking his dick or something?
Given all that’s come out from Hunter’s laptop, if this California attorney has cocaine, probably.

So what you're saying is the orange jesus is totally unable to appoint someone that can get the job done. ok
What I'm saying is there are 94 U.S. Attorneys. Most, not all, are political hacks from the District they represent - people that donate a lot of money to politicians and/or a given party. It's not like the President vets all these people. They're appointed based on recommendations from Congressmen from that District or others that have the ear of people within the Administration. To pretend they are always beholden to a specific person/President is to ignore the realities of how they are chosen and appointed. That being said, Trump has certainly shown he was/is terrible at hiring competent employees.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Define distribution. Was he sharing his stash? IDGAF. Was he actually, you know, selling crack? Lock him up.
Doesn't matter if he "sold" them. Under federal law, providing drugs to another is distribution. Compensation is irrelevant.

"The term distribute includes the actual, constructive, or attempted transfer of a controlled substance. To distribute a controlled substance, there need not be an exchange of money."

That being said, splitting an 8-ball with some hookers is not going to meet any district's internal prosecution guidelines.

Now, was it distribution under state law? Probably in most states, but it depends entirely on how the state law is written. In any event, I doubt it's going to be felony distribution under most state laws because - let's be honest - these are user amounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Doesn't matter if he "sold" them. Under federal law, providing drugs to another is distribution. Compensation is irrelevant.

Under federal law, "The term distribute includes the actual, constructive, or attempted transfer of a controlled substance. To distribute a
controlled substance, there need not be an exchange of money."

That being said, I splitting an 8-ball with some hookers is not going to meet any districts internal prosecution guidelines.

Now, was it distribution under state law? Probably in most states, but it depends entirely on how the state law is written. In any event I doubt it's going to be felony distribution under most state laws because - let's be honest - these are user amounts.
Your third paragraph, exactly.

Some podunk places will pursue felony state charges for such things. But you show me a local prosecutor that's going to go after the son of the President, or anyone with wealth or powerful friends, for sharing their stash and I'll show you an idiot.

Guess whose proposal this was...

Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime: The Attorney General will work with all United States Attorneys to continue to ensure that every appropriate resource is focused on preventing gun violence. To this end, the Attorney General will ask all U.S. Attorneys to consider whether supplemental efforts would be appropriate in their districts, in areas such as prosecutions of people who have been convicted of a felony and illegally seek to obtain a firearm, or people who attempt to evade the background check system by providing false information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT