ADVERTISEMENT

C-USA is Terrible

The answer is ... none. (Other than WKU is a corrupt program that cheated, but let that pass) MU and WKU and the rest of the upper half of CUSA are all about the same. There is no "special" about WKU. Nor MTSU, not UNT, not LTU, nor USM. Nor MU. Just mid-major colleges trying to compete at the same level.

The childish idea that MU is somehow "better automatically" is superfandom turned rotten. Because no one can answer the basic question of exactly why MU is somehow advantaged, and no one is man enough to just admit they were wrong, the name calling, including the 4th grade comeback of "you are a girl" has started.

Game. Set. Match.
That’s the first time I’ve heard WKU was cheating during their reign. Where’s your proof? Are you sure you aren’t just a childish superfan that can’t accept a program dominated this crap conference and made our staff look clueless for 2 years.

The answer is ... none. (Other than WKU is a corrupt program that cheated, but let that pass) MU and WKU and the rest of the upper half of CUSA are all about the same. There is no "special" about WKU. Nor MTSU, not UNT, not LTU, nor USM. Nor MU. Just mid-major colleges trying to compete at the same level.

The childish idea that MU is somehow "better automatically" is superfandom turned rotten. Because no one can answer the basic question of exactly why MU is somehow advantaged, and no one is man enough to just admit they were wrong, the name calling, including the 4th grade comeback of "you are a girl" has started.

Game. Set. Match.

I am starting to realize every program outside of Huntington is a corrupt disgusting mess of shyt according to Sam. And Marshall is the only squeaky clean group of admirable underrated coaches and players that deserve way more than they get from not only the state of WV itself, but the network providers, who both constantly screw the Herd while rewarding all other programs for having mob ties.

That’s the first time I’ve heard WKU was cheating during their reign. Where’s your proof? Are you sure you aren’t just a childish superfan that can’t accept a program dominated this crap conference and made our staff look clueless for 2 years.

Just curious- does he ever actually respond when people call his bullshit? Or does he just move on to his next blabbering rant of foolishness?

Not to get back to the point of the original post here... But anyone arguing that CUSA is not absolutely terrible is simply delusional at this point...

Here are the CUSA wins from last week –
Marshall 56-17... Over VMI
UAB 24-19... Over Alabama State
ODU 24-21... Over Norfolk State
Charlotte 49-28... Over Gardner Webb
So. Miss 38-10... Over Alcorn State
UTSA 35-7... Over Incarnate Word (How'd they get to play a church league team?)
UTEP 36-34... Over Houston Baptist (Same church league)
North Texas 51-31... Over Abilene Christian (Same church league)

And the losses you may ask –
Texas 45-14... Over Louisiana Tech (Big mistake playing a team with a pulse)
Ohio State 45-21... Over Florida Atlantic
Michigan 40-21... Over MTSU
Tulane 42-14... Over Florida Int.
Army 14-7... Over Rice (This is the CUSA "Signature Loss of the Week")
Central Arkansas 35-28... Over WKU (Maybe WKU should "take a break" from football)

And if those results don't get you all fired up to keep watching, here is this weeks CUSA slate –
Wake Forest at Rice
Marshall at Boise State
UAB at Akron
Old Dominion at Virginia Tech
Southern Miss at Miss State
Charlotte at Appalachian State
UTSA at Baylor
Central Florida at Florida Atlantic
North Texas at SMU
UTEP at Texas Tech
Grambling at Louisiana Tech
Tennessee State at MTSU
Western Kentucky at Florida Int.

Thank goodness for two bottom feeders playing each other in conference and two I-AA games cause wins are going to be hard to come by this week.

When Marshall has 2 fans left are you going to tell that to the other guy?
Oh, don’t ? it - he would in a ♥️beat. Then he would be right all the time! No one to ? him, no one to make fun, no one, just no one.....he would, however have to stop saying Marshall football might not be for you!!

Lol, "don't watch" I would really like to watch, but, how can I watch, even if I get on the internet and try to find the game, It's never there. I usually just listen to the games, but I would hope I would at least be able to find the Boise St game on the TV.
As was stated above, ESPN2. As for not being able to watch. Virtually every football and basketball is streamed. Don't know why you can't see them.

Lol, "don't watch" I would really like to watch, but, how can I watch, even if I get on the internet and try to find the game, It's never there. I usually just listen to the games, but I would hope I would at least be able to find the Boise St game on the TV.

For the games on Facebook - create a free facebook account and go one step further buying a Fire HD Stick so you can use the facebook watch app to stream the game quite nicely (I'd recommend using an Ethernet connection to the fire stick unless your WiFi is fast enough

For the games on Stadium - I believe it's www.watchstadium.com and/or download the stadium app and you can actually mirror cast to your big screen. Works quite well. I used the browser on my Fire HD Stick to go to the website mentioned above and then click to fill the screen....again, works quite well

Otherwise, ESPN2 and CBS Sports will just require making sure your viewing package is adequate. The Deuce isn't really an issue, but CBS Sports (on DirecTV) requires you to have either the Sports Pack or the viewing package which includes the channel - this has always been a level up from what I want, but I always call in Aug to upgrade my viewing and then call back to downgrade in Dec or Jan.

As was stated above, ESPN2. As for not being able to watch. Virtually every football and basketball is streamed. Don't know why you can't see them.

Kind of... half the time the broadcast stops or pauses, or there is problems with something. Maybe it's my Cricket network. In any sense I think the point is it would be nice to just watch a game without having to jump through hoops and disruptions.

Kind of... half the time the broadcast stops or pauses, or there is problems with something. Maybe it's my Cricket network. In any sense I think the point is it would be nice to just watch a game without having to jump through hoops and disruptions.

No doubt, but this is pretty much the direction college sports is heading - think back around mid to late 90's when ESPN Gameplan came out and you could a la carte watching games. This is just a new variation on that. As long as we are in CUSA, we will not be on ESPN very often.

Reactions: Herdmeister
No doubt, but this is pretty much the direction college sports is heading - think back around mid to late 90's when ESPN Gameplan came out and you could a la carte watching games. This is just a new variation on that. As long as we are in CUSA, we will not be on ESPN very often.
correct, especially for G5 programs not named AAC or MWC

Can't blame ESPN, CUSA officials did this to themselves and the member schools. When you spurn one network and go to another, that's what happens. Idiots!

It's like trying to find information on a Toyota at a Chevy dealership.

Reactions: Obialo1kanobe
When Marshall has 2 fans left are you going to tell that to the other guy?

Oh, there will be thousands of MARSHALL fans there.

Meanwhile, among the anti-Doc crew, you can hit that Wal-Mart and stock up on blue and yellow, or red and gray, or whatever, secure in you knowledge that:

- Marshall is full of "advantages", none of which any of you can actually articulate, which mean MU is supposed to win, because it is supposed to.

- 9-3 is "not acceptable".

- The other teams in CUSA are really bad, and MU is super superior, because, umm, umm, it is. For, umm, umm, reasons, you know, reason.

- You are are a super sophisticated SUPERFAN, whose elite status precludes you from watching the sorts of teams MU plays.

Meanwhile, the MARSHALL fans, thousands of us, will watch MARSHALL play. Aware that MU is not, and never will be, in the SEC. We watched it rise from the ashes, moving up from level to level to level. Aware of what we are, and are not.

I agree with that....

Meanwhile, among the anti-Doc crew, you can hit that Wal-Mart and stock up on blue and yellow, or red and gray, or whatever, secure in you knowledge that:

- Marshall is full of "advantages", none of which any of you can actually articulate, which mean MU is supposed to win, because it is supposed to.

- The other teams in CUSA are really bad, and MU is super superior, because, umm, umm, it is. For, umm, umm, reasons, you know, reason.

- You are are a super sophisticated SUPERFAN, whose elite status precludes you from watching the sorts of teams MU plays.

Meanwhile, the MARSHALL fans, thousands of us, will watch MARSHALL play. Aware that MU is not, and never will be, in the SEC. We watched it rise from the ashes, moving up from level to level to level. Aware of what we are, and are not.

And yet you still can't answer anyone who calls you out specifically, as to why you write diatribes of nonsense and then have zero accountability for yourself. And from this you will either give some nonsense answer that is not a reason like "I don't need to explain myself to idiots" or just not answer at all. If you can't account for your own BS, then all of your points are moot.

I am not anti Doc. I think Marshall should win more championships, whoever the coach is. I think the football program has not produced to its level of capability the last decade or so. Regardless of who the coach is, Marshall football is not at its level of potential.

CUSA is bad. You can try to make it better, but is not very good. I don't care about the other teams. Marshall can win at a higher level and has done so in the past. It is all relative and this league is not that hard.

Marshall does not have as many fans as you think. Frankly, Marshall, in terms of football, is pretty stagnant right now or on the decline.

Maybe they can get a big win in Boise. That is what they need.

Reactions: Dorrej
I am not anti Doc. I think Marshall should win more championships, whoever the coach is. I think the football program has not produced to its level of capability the last decade or so. Regardless of who the coach is, Marshall football is not at its level of potential.

CUSA is bad. You can try to make it better, but is not very good. I don't care about the other teams. Marshall can win at a higher level and has done so in the past. It is all relative and this league is not that hard.

Marshall does not have as many fans as you think. Frankly, Marshall, in terms of football, is pretty stagnant right now or on the decline.

Maybe they can get a big win in Boise. That is what they need.

I think Marshall has a good out of conference schedule this year and that being said- I think that is the best and ONLY way to ascend instead of decline. No one gives a crap who wins CUSA. Maybe if a team won it 4-5 years in a row it might get some kind of recognition, but doubtful. But people do care if you win big out of conference games. Beating Boise and Cincy, and then turning around next year and beating big teams goes far in the national perspective. And along those same lines, getting blown out by those teams also is more recognizable than losing games in CUSA. If the Herd wants attention, scheduling as many big non confernece games as possible is the way to get it.

I know there are still people out there who think "were not doing 2 for 1 or 1 for 0, were took good for that".... and that mentality is stupid.

Reactions: caliherd and RhinoD
I think the football program has not produced to its level of capability the last decade or so. Regardless of who the coach is, Marshall football is not at its level of potential.

Then it would be easy to list the reasons why MU is at such an advantage over all of these "bad" CUSA teams.

List please.

Did you write an essay on Appalachian fatalism?

Sorry, that is not a list of exactly why MU is at some sort of "advantage" over the average CUSA member.

I will give you a hint. You cannot do so, because MU is NOT at an advantage in any significant immutable way over any generic CUSA (or any other G5er in any G5 league. We have an upper tier, by G5 standards, fan base; and as-good-as-anybody's facilities. Nothing more.

The idea that MU is "supposed" to win because it is supposed to is a childish circular argument with nothing to back it up but superfanism turned rotten.

Sorry, that is not a list of exactly why MU is at some sort of "advantage" over the average CUSA member.

I will give you a hint. You cannot do so, because MU is NOT at an advantage in any significant immutable way over any generic CUSA (or any other G5er in any G5 league. We have an upper tier, by G5 standards, fan base; and as-good-as-anybody's facilities. Nothing more.

The idea that MU is "supposed" to win because it is supposed to is a childish circular argument with nothing to back it up but superfanism turned rotten.
That's what I thought. You are an excuse maker. Marshall could win big before for some reason in whatever league. Now it just can't do better.

I dont buy it. We have been through the reasons before. You won't listen. I am not going to rehash it. Unfortunately I believe the admin at Marshall has settled as well.

If you can't see the difference between marshall and half this league in terms of football then well thats on you.

Maybe Marshall can pull the win tonight. I hope so. The program needs a morale boost. Too much mediocrity

Last edited:
Cmon really our division is Charlotte,odu, wku, fau, and fiu. What have those teams ever done? Not jack squat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT