ADVERTISEMENT

C-USA is Terrible

Can you name a football school who left a conference then went back to the conference they left?

Only a handful, but I can name several schools that over pursued moving up the ladder and it bit them in the ass... The difference is because of Marshall's geography and historical rivals, they MIGHT be able to figure out a way to get back in the MAC someday. The other teams (re: recent Sun Belt defections, etc) have pretty much shot themselves in the long term foot.

Sad that Wku can't even beat a bad fc s school. Can't wait to curb stomp them later this year. Hope we beat them by 50

FCS upsets happen every year so it's really not that profound. A P5 school has lost an FCS game the last 7 straight years. That being said, what a miserable loss this was regardless..

Sad that Wku can't even beat a bad fc s school. Can't wait to curb stomp them later this year. Hope we beat them by 50
In fairness, Central Arkansas was picked to finish second in the Southland Conference, so while they are FCS, they aren't terrible.

Only a handful, but I can name several schools that over pursued moving up the ladder and it bit them in the ass... The difference is because of Marshall's geography and historical rivals, they MIGHT be able to figure out a way to get back in the MAC someday. The other teams (re: recent Sun Belt defections, etc) have pretty much shot themselves in the long term foot.

The MAC would never let us back in.

FCS upsets happen every year so it's really not that profound. A P5 school has lost an FCS game the last 7 straight years. That being said, what a miserable loss this was regardless..

It is when that FCS team beats you passing 21-29 for 400 yds and rushes the ball 29 times for 20 yards. Evidently WKU has zero pass rush and can cover for crap. UCA completed 72.4% of their passes and averaged 19 yards per completion. There's not way to explain away how bad WKU is. Keep in mind they lost to Maine in their opener last season.

It is when that FCS team beats you passing 21-29 for 400 yds and rushes the ball 29 times for 20 yards. Evidently WKU has zero pass rush and can cover for crap. UCA completed 72.4% of their passes and averaged 19 yards per completion. There's not way to explain away how bad WKU is. Keep in mind they lost to Maine in their opener last season.
In general I want our conference mates to do well because its better for us when our conference as a whole is good, but I absolutely love WKU losing every time it happens - even to FCS school. Screw those guys.

In general I want our conference mates to do well because its better for us when our conference as a whole is good, but I absolutely love WKU losing every time it happens - even to FCS school. Screw those guys.

I'm right there with you. They do deserve what they're getting for how they carried themselves when they first got in.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Ugh... this is what we have become (facepalm)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa please refer back to my post about going Cardi B on the Hilltoppers in Huntington this year. I was merely succumbing to the irresistible urge to issue a pointless semantic correction.

I'm not quite sure I ever got an answer out of Sam or Josh, and quite frankly, after the 3rd tall boy of the afternoon, I'm not even sure what my question was, or even if I really even had one.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa please refer back to my post about going Cardi B on the Hilltoppers in Huntington this year. I was merely succumbing to the irresistible urge to issue a pointless semantic correction.

Cardi B was on the Hilltoppers in Huntington? Skank!

Marshall, Temple, and NIU.

Technically, MU never "left", at least voluntarily, the MAC the first time, back in the late 60s. Were unceremoniously kicked out following our NCAA probation following about a gillion NCAA football violations under Perry Moss, the former semi-pro football coach of the Charleston Rockets. We left, voluntarily, the second time to join CUSA and we ALL KNOW how that is working out!!!!!!

personally, I like Coach Stower's poor man's version of the former site owner. Slightly less arrogant and a-holeish, but a reasonable and believable portrayal.

Reactions: i am herdman
I sit in 122. It’s on the west side of the stadium, more commonly known as the “scoreboard side” to those of you that don’t attend games very often.

giphy.gif

As a person who was born a Marshall fan and went to Purdue and utilizes their rivals site regularly, I find it astonishing that there is a staff writer who regularly antagonizes posters who are fellow fans on an Internet forum. It seemingly follows the trend of how the university and athletic department have seemed to treat their loyal supporters over the past several years.

Shouldn’t you basketball fans be attending this game - after all it is part of the payoff to get VMI to drop blocking Elmore to MU and get a full 4 years here.
Didn't get 4 years. Only 3.5. Hence, the rush at the end to become all time scoring leader.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
As a person who was born a Marshall fan and went to Purdue and utilizes their rivals site regularly, I find it astonishing that there is a staff writer who regularly antagonizes posters who are fellow fans on an Internet forum. It seemingly follows the trend of how the university and athletic department have seemed to treat their loyal supporters over the past several years.

Post of the year.

Shouldn’t you basketball fans be attending this game - after all it is part of the payoff to get VMI to drop blocking Elmore to MU and get a full 4 years here.
That is not true, The VMI game was signed sometime before 2014. I was sitting with Mike Hamrick in El Paso at the CUSA basketball tournament. We were talking about OOC games in the future. I was going over the list I had. He then said, "you don't have VMI on there. We have them too" For some reason it wasn't announced to the media until 2017. Jon was in HS at the time

Like I said, you and @Marine03 should really try coming to a game. They’re a lot of fun. I’ll even let you have my extra tickets. Offer is always on the table.

I’ve been to plenty I know how fun they are. I didn’t miss a home game from 99-02, 10-13 and I traveled in for numerous games in between those, I traveled to a number of away games also. But they’re not near as fun as coaching wrestling, baseball, and watching my kids play their sports on the weekends. Thanks for the offer though

Like I said, you and @Marine03 should really try coming to a game. They’re a lot of fun. I’ll even let you have my extra tickets. Offer is always on the table.
I had season tickets and went to countless roads games for more than a decade. So many I can't remember them all. The last decade or more has been rather dull outside of a couple good seasons. My time and money are important. Marshall has lost out on that unfortunately. I was also watching and participating in my son growing up along the way. And to travel 800 miles round trip on a weekend is hard to do.

I sit in 122. It’s on the west side of the stadium, more commonly known as the “scoreboard side” to those of you that don’t attend games very often.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to avoid Section 122 when attending football games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT