ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Coach Stowers

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Can you give us your take on the QB situation in spring ball? Who are the backups to Greene? Who steps up if Greene gets injured. Curious.

Reactions: Elkview
Believe Thomson, the grad transfer last season from Wagner, is back with a year of eligibility left. Apparently, he is healthy this spring and, on paper at least, is running at number 2 behind Greene.

Believe Thomson, the grad transfer last season from Wagner, is back with a year of eligibility left. Apparently, he is healthy this spring and, on paper at least, is running at number 2 behind Greene.

So in other words we are very slim at the QB position

Marine03, I also know that Doc recruited at least one QB in this year's class. The Wells lad who led Charleston GW signed with MU and I believe he enrolled early at Marshall and is participating in spring drills. Not sure about any other QB prospects for the coming season.

Last edited:
Marine03, I also know that Doc recruited at least one QB in this year's class. The Wells lad who Charleston GW signed with MU and I believe he enrolled early at Marshall and is participating in spring drills. Not sure about any other QB prospects for the coming season.

Meh, still not sold on a decent backup to Gaines. And honestly I’m not sold on Gaines yet either

It's a pretty good illustration of the differences in positions. Gaines has gotten better, and the end of last year, looked like he was turning the corner, but he made a lot of mistakes on his way there. Green, on the other hand, has always looked the part, but we noticed every single one of the bumps in his road.

If you want to feel better, just look up Rakeem Cato's Freshman numbers and compare them to Green's. If the pattern holds, in two years people will be just as defensive of Green's good name as they are critical of it today.

I don’t worry about the support he has around him, it’s his inaccuracy that’s concerning

Lest we forget our great three year starter Mary Jane Litton lost two games for us his last year by throwing 3 and 4 pics against FIU and FAU. He’ll be fine. Cato had issues as well.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT