ADVERTISEMENT

can we win 4 in a row

Jun 2, 2015
if we play defense the way weve been playing and share the ball i think we can, but you just never know with this team. what are your thoughts.

totally agree. when we play as a team and everyone is engaged on the defensive end we are a totally different team. i agree on the rebounding. we cant put all the pressure on williams to rebound everything and rim protect

There are legitimately 10 teams who can win this tournament. While that means we can beat everyone else, it also means that we can lose to anyone, including Rice and especially USM (Cortez Edwards has always been one of those players we don’t match up well against). I think we gut it out until Friday. After that it’s anyone’a guess.

I remember speaking on rebounding and sound defense to win games, was argued with over and over, hmmm, we start doing both and start winning again, imagine that. Several members argued not needing a big man to get it done, it has been evident that presence in the paint makes a difference, whether your big man is playing big or someone is playing bigger than they actually are.......glad things have turned around.

Reactions: Elkview
Interestingly, we may be the only team in the conference to have played our way into the title game this way twice in the last 10 years. We did it with Dre in (I think) 12-13 & then Jon & CJ went through it in 16-17. So, we have 2 seniors on this team that have experienced what it's like to go through that...

There are legitimately 10 teams who can win this tournament. While that means we can beat everyone else, it also means that we can lose to anyone, including Rice and especially USM (Cortez Edwards has always been one of those players we don’t match up well against). I think we gut it out until Friday. After that it’s anyone’a guess.

ODU is probably the real deal. 23-8 , 13-5. After that 2nd through 12th are separated by 3 games. Everybody has a shot if somebody takes out ODU.

.....they have also played like dog crap to finish the season. Their fans aren’t very optimistic. There’s a reason “Jeff Jonesing it” is a verb.....

What a NEGATIVE bunch they must be. Think of it, actually discussing the regular season! Don't they know that "get hot in the conference tournament and who knows" is the come back for such NEGATIVE talk. They need somebody on that board to shut down discussion and analysis of basketball's regular season.

What a NEGATIVE bunch they must be. Think of it, actually discussing the regular season! Don't they know that "get hot in the conference tournament and who knows" is the come back for such NEGATIVE talk. They need somebody on that board to shut down discussion and analysis of basketball's regular season.
Sam, they were discussing the upcoming tournament. You are a sad man! Sorry for your circumstances, whatever they might be. Just find a way to love the Herd this week! Let's Go Herd!!!!

What is there to pick?

W-S said that ODU played like crap to end the season. He also said that their fans have been discussing the tournament and are not optimistic.

It's not a "one or the other" type of thing.

You mean ODU fans actually discuss the REGULAR SEASON???!!!???!!?? How NEGATIVE.

And they are not optimistic about the tournament? Based on what? The REGULAR SEASON? Like the regular season matters, can be discussed and learned from? That it is not just a four day deal, but something you can learn from all season?

They need someone like w-s to SHUT DOWN all that NEGATIVE talk. After all ODU, or MTSU, could "get hot in the conference tournament and who knows". That is all there is to basketball. Just four days. Any discussion out of that time period is negative.

I think what Sam is talking about is the difference between teams who can rely on their season to make the tournament and those who have to rely on winning their conference.
Someone like Gonzaga can still make the field despite having lost by double digits to a much lesser team.
Its because during their season they beat really good teams and can afford a loss in their tournament. They really didn't need to win and are still an argument for a #1 seed.

A place like CUSA currently, that can't happen (unless you're Memphis back in the day). It really does boil down to the tournament...when MTSU didn't make it last season despite their record, I was convinced this conference is a 1 bid league.
This season? Sure it was to be excited but early on, it became more about MU winning the tournament than their regular season. This is because MU was not as dominant during the regular season as many thought and flat out non-existent in OOC games.
Thats why Sam said "Pick one" because fans would get excited about beating the mighty non 20 win FAU or FIU.
While others (myself included) would say the measurement of the team at this point is the conference tournament since it will be the only way MU gets an NCAA tournament bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT