ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Huff

If all the G5 coaches operate within the same system, and before the portal they all operated in the same system, why would they be judged differently now?

Just say you are loyal beyond any reason or logic, don’t try to justify it with made up excuses.

“Going out” swinging? He’s not going out. He’s just moving on to next year. This is the way life is going to be at the G5 level. Changing rosters year in and year out.

Thus the reason coaches need to be judged a little differently
Is there some long term extension he signed that I am not aware of? This is not the way of life of a G5 coach or P5 coach. How many coaches are on their last year of a contract and don’t get renewed or fired?

If all the G5 coaches operate within the same system, and before the portal they all operated in the same system, why would they be judged differently now?

Just say you are loyal beyond any reason or logic, don’t try to justify it with made up excuses.

Because they are all pulling in 11 new starters a year. From other teams. Much easier to swing and miss. Harder to be perfect every year and many times teams will take several games to start to gel. So everyone is like that. More likely to go 8-4 ish. Thus why i said they should be judged differently.

Has nothing to do with making excuses.

Because they are all pulling in 11 new starters a year. From other teams. Much easier to swing and miss. Harder to be perfect every year and many times teams will take several games to start to gel. So everyone is like that. More likely to go 8-4 ish. Thus why i said they should be judged differently.

What about the guys that constantly win 10-12 games with a bunch of new guys every year. Should they also be judged differently?

IMO Huff wasn’t brought here to be 8-4. He was brought here to win a championship. If we are happy to be 8-4 we should have kept Doc. At least he liked it here

Outside of the Alabama's, OH Sts, Ga, etc....who does that?

That was when we played for championships.

When my man, BP, demanded excellence. When we, the true fans, demanded excellence. When we took on the world, and were on our way to the top of it.

Before your "man", Satan's Vile Servant, KOM, destroyed all that had been built over 20 years of struggle. With his lies, his deceit, his falsehoods, and HIS incompetent compliance director who testified under oath that he had never actually read the NCAA Manual and who, and as the NCAA found, was 100% responsible for the issues, and for which the coaching staff, including Marshall Hero BP, were 100% unaware of. The facts, as found by the NCAA.

BP is a Marshall Hero.

You accept mediocrity.

When my man, BP, demanded excellence. When we, the true fans, demanded excellence. When we took on the world, and were on our way to the top of it.

Before your "man", Satan's Vile Servant, KOM, destroyed all that had been built over 20 years of struggle. With his lies, his deceit, his falsehoods, and HIS incompetent compliance director who testified under oath that he had never actually read the NCAA Manual and who, and as the NCAA found, was 100% responsible for the issues, and for which the coaching staff, including Marshall Hero BP, were 100% unaware of. The facts, as found by the NCAA.

BP is a Marshall Hero.

You accept mediocrity.
WE are talking about 2023 and beyond. Modern day, current coaches. NOT 25 years ago. Stay with the conversation Sammy.

WHO, currently in the game besides Alabama, OH St, Mich, CONSISTENTLY gets 10-12 wins a year as MUMAN suggested???

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
You were talking about "who does that". I informed you of who did. People who demanded excellence.

The real question is why do you continue to push your falsehoods about BP and his era, when you have been proven wrong by the NCAA's own report?

BP is a Hero.

BP is a Marshall Hero.

You accept mediocrity.
If you think Pruett wasn't aware of the mops-for-props payments, the steroid issues, etc., then you're probably dumb enough to think that Marshall wasn't going to have a baseball stadium.

You were talking about "who does that". I informed you of who did. People who demanded excellence.

The real question is why do you continue to push your falsehoods about BP and his era, when you have been proven wrong by the NCAA's own report?
This is about the modern era game. NOT 25+ years ago.

No one was talking about Pruett here. STAY ON TOPIC. The discussion was about use of the portal. STAY ON TOPIC.

(With that said, I am still laughing at you as you still believe Pruett had no idea "mops for props" was actually being conducted. I give Donnan and Pruett tremendous credit. They invented the "NIL" before the NIL was permissible.) The only "falsehood" is that your lies and falsehoods in thinking no one could go look up your claims... that "Pruett didn't know". Bullshit. He knew and permitted it to continue. You are WRONG again. Go away sammy. Marshall isn't for you.

From the NCAA report:
The head football coach reported that employment of nonqualifiers by the athletics representative was an established practice by the time he took over as head football coach in 1996. The assistant football coach joined the athletics department at approximately the same time as the head coach and confirmed the pre-existing nature of the employment program. As he put it, “I never at any time felt like that this was something that had been added or that this was something new.” The head football coach further reported that from fall 1996 to February 2000, all football nonqualifiers had the opportunity to work at the athletics representative’s business.

You get to decide what is or is not "on topic"? Well, didn't know that.

Of course, that quote, which I have previously debunked, does nothing but confirm that BP was acting on the bad advice of KOM's incompetent compliance director.

But, why are you continuously going there anyway?

Because you are not a MU fan. Rather you are a Spamite troll.

Go away.

Spamite.

You get to decide what is or is not "on topic"? Well, didn't know that.

Of course, that quote, which I have previously debunked, does nothing but confirm that BP was acting on the bad advice of KOM's incompetent compliance director.

But, why are you continuously going there anyway?

Because you are not a MU fan. Rather you are a Spamite troll.

Go away.

Spamite.

YOUR CLAIM was that PRUETT DIDN'T KNOW. You've claimed that multiple times before. YOU'RE A LIAR. I wasn't going there. You introduced it in this thread that had nothing to do with Pruett. You get shown to be an uninformed liar and now claim he was under instruction from compliance director. Weird...because the report didn't say that he took orders from anyone. The whole athletic dept (top to bottom) knew and permitted it.

Try harder Sammy.

Can you name a program or coach that uses the portal to win 10-12 wins year in and out? (The original discussion).

YOUR CLAIM was that PRUETT DIDN'T KNOW. You've claimed that multiple times before. YOU'RE A LIAR. I wasn't going there. You introduced it in this thread that had nothing to do with Pruett. You get shown to be an uninformed liar and now claim he was under instruction from compliance director. Weird...because the report didn't say that he took orders from anyone. The whole athletic dept (top to bottom) knew and permitted it.

Try harder Sammy.

Can you name a program or coach that uses the portal to win 10-12 wins year in and out? (The original discussion).

Doc had like 3 seasons of 10 or more wins.

But Goddamn Sam's an idiot. To say BP didn't know what was going on is already a candidate for dumbest post of the year.

I will say, SMU probably were the pioneers for NIL...it was bad back then, worse now.

Most folks probably don’t know that we are the 5th winningest G5 program over the last ten years, and that includes UCF and Cincinnati. The other two are Boise and App State.

The frustration is that 10 years of winning, 8 years of being the winningest team in CUSA, resulted in exactly one championship. All the G5 teams winning at a similar clip have multiple championships. Teams that won less like WKU and FAU ( a team we were 8-1 against) won more championships.

The frustration is we can’t win the big conference games we need to win. Even when we won our single championship we lost a huge conference game. We are a constant bride’s maid (or worse). We haven’t had a consistent season where we looked prepared nearly every week since 2014. Too many WTF games every year.

Wow! Looks like an impressive pick-up! And not from the portal….wait I believe a portal from Florida 🐊

Last edited:
I'm extremely happy about this. I have a feeling this guy has a better shot at panning out than some of our other 4 star guys. I think he is going to be solid and then some.

Reactions: Jartard
Wow! Looks like an impressive pick-up! And not from the portal….wait I believe a portal from Florida 🐊
Please, for the love of god, fvcking stop. We know you’re trying to make a joke, but nobody has any idea where you’re trying to go with it.

Reactions: Herdguy04
Most folks probably don’t know that we are the 5th winningest G5 program over the last ten years, and that includes UCF and Cincinnati. The other two are Boise and App State.

The frustration is that 10 years of winning, 8 years of being the winningest team in CUSA, resulted in exactly one championship. All the G5 teams winning at a similar clip have multiple championships. Teams that won less like WKU and FAU ( a team we were 8-1 against) won more championships.

The frustration is we can’t win the big conference games we need to win. Even when we won our single championship we lost a huge conference game. We are a constant bride’s maid (or worse). We haven’t had a consistent season where we looked prepared nearly every week since 2014. Too many WTF games every year.

As I have asked would you rather 2 years of winning the conference and then going completely cold for the next 5 years, or consistently winning lots of games and a conference title once and appearances a few other times?

I feel people want the conference titles as a means for bragging about how good their program is. That's a fair point, but if you aren't winning your conference, do you want to remain competitive or do you want to completely suck until the next roll of the dice HC comes along and hopefully wins?

Doc was able to win, more or less, consistently. Something Snyder couldn't do and something fans just wanted, wins.
Once it was seen that winning was more or less automatic, the demand for conference titles was more and more present.
He didn't deliver, we got Huff.
Huff goes out and beats ND, which set the bar of achievement really high...and he hasn't delivered since.
Now, I think MU should just be happy with winning, not even caring how it's done, since they're so scarce it shouldn't matter.

Please, for the love of god, fvcking stop. We know you’re trying to make a joke, but nobody has any idea where you’re trying to go with it.

You can hack stuff, think you can make it so his computer/phone displays Chinese and he can't figure out how to change it back, or possibly just get Windows to send him an update and he gets confused?

What about the guys that constantly win 10-12 games with a bunch of new guys every year. Should they also be judged differently?

If it happens. Sure. But we are only in about year three of this being fully going on. So time will tell. But it seems most bolt when that happens. So how are we going to be able to tell who is doing it or not?

Reactions: MUMAN3419
You can hack stuff, think you can make it so his computer/phone displays Chinese and he can't figure out how to change it back, or possibly just get Windows to send him an update and he gets confused?
My hacking days are over. After I hacked HerdFans for blacklisting me, they called the police. I explained to them that Herdftblfan paid me to do it, but the stress of it all wasn't worth the hack.

My hacking days are over. After I hacked HerdFans for blacklisting me, they called the police. I explained to them that Herdftblfan paid me to do it, but the stress of it all wasn't worth the hack.
They still laugh at you over there.

I ... rooted for the eers
Of course. Because you are a Spamite.

Why do you post here? No Marshall fan was on the KOM side in his crimes against Marshall. This exposes you as something else. I say Spamite. Maybe you just are some bored housewife.

But I do know one thing.

You are not a Marshall fan.

Of course. Because you are a Spamite.

Why do you post here? No Marshall fan was on the KOM side in his crimes against Marshall. This exposes you as something else. I say Spamite. Maybe you just are some bored housewife.

But I do know one thing.

You are not a Marshall fan.
Sam - please stop. There is only one thing you can control in these types of situations - your reactions. It’s called stand alone accountability. Everyone that posts in this forum loves Marshall, loves the Herd. To believe otherwise is just not intelligent! And you are definitely intelligent.
So, even if raleigh is sometimes abrasive, you just have to refrain from the “shut up! You shut up!” temptation.
You would be doing a great service to the entire Herd Nation. No one enjoys reading these childish back & forths!

raleigh - heal thyself! See above. You can do it!
WS

Reactions: putnam green
As I have asked would you rather 2 years of winning the conference and then going completely cold for the next 5 years, or consistently winning lots of games and a conference title once and appearances a few other times?

I feel people want the conference titles as a means for bragging about how good their program is. That's a fair point, but if you aren't winning your conference, do you want to remain competitive or do you want to completely suck until the next roll of the dice HC comes along and hopefully wins?

Doc was able to win, more or less, consistently. Something Snyder couldn't do and something fans just wanted, wins.
Once it was seen that winning was more or less automatic, the demand for conference titles was more and more present.
He didn't deliver, we got Huff.
Huff goes out and beats ND, which set the bar of achievement really high...and he hasn't delivered since.
Now, I think MU should just be happy with winning, not even caring how it's done, since they're so scarce it shouldn't matter.
Doc couldn’t win consistently in CUSA 2.0 either, so not much different than Snyder.

Also, winning championships and winning consistently aren’t mutually exclusive, not an either or situation. We won more games that anyone in CUSA from 2013 to 2021. We were 8-1 against FAU, beating them even when they has Joey Freshwater as HC. That means we were good enough to win consistently (which we did) and good enough to win championships (which we didn’t). How many Cowboy fans are happy because they have won 12 game 3 years in a row? It’s only the second time they have every done that, shouldn’t they be elated?

Right now we are not winning consistently nor are we anywhere near winning championships. However, if we are going to have 7-6 and 6-7 seasons it would be nice to at least play in a championship game every 3-4 years.

Everyone that posts in this forum loves Marshall, loves the Herd.
I respect you as a poster, and that is the only reason i am responding. The fact is the only people in my experience that believe, or at least say, the false narrative about BP and thus think the 90s "never really happened" are Spamites. My assumption is that this poster is that. Perhaps I am wrong, maybe s/he is some bored kid, housewife, or somebody who just wants to argue nonsense. But I know that EVERY MU fan knows the actual story of the so-called "mops for props" non-thing, and BP's role in it and MR's role in it, and the failures of KOM and of the incompetent compliance director. EVERY MU fan. That simple, that real. This poster is NOT a Marshall fan.

I respect you as a poster, and that is the only reason i am responding. The fact is the only people in my experience that believe, or at least say, the false narrative about BP and thus think the 90s "never really happened" are Spamites. My assumption is that this poster is that. Perhaps I am wrong, maybe s/he is some bored kid, housewife, or somebody who just wants to argue nonsense. But I know that EVERY MU fan knows the actual story of the so-called "mops for props" non-thing, and BP's role in it and MR's role in it, and the failures of KOM and of the incompetent compliance director. EVERY MU fan. That simple, that real. This poster is NOT a Marshall fan.
Have always been a Marshall fan. Grew up in Htgn, attended Marshall basketball games at the field house, football games at fairfield. Played college ball away for 2 seasons, still followed and loved the Herd. Transferred back to Marshall for a year and half before finishing my degree in Cincy and moving back to WV for a short time in the late 90s. Been a football season ticket holder and BG donor for several years despite living in NC.

You....are a moron and know nothing.

if we are going to have 7-6 and 6-7 seasons it would be nice to at least play in a championship game every 3-4 years.

Doc had those seasons then, played in the CUSA championship...then won it the following year.

Doc was actually winning and competing better than Snyder did, regardless of who was in CUSA and who wasn't.
With Doc, championships were becoming a demand.
With Snyder, just getting bowl eligibility was a demand.

Do you realize how difficult it is for MU, with everything these fans conveniently forget they have to face (crap area for recruiting, lack of money, the state doesn't like us, small population, crappily run state in general, poor economy, etc), to win, consistently, for as long as they did to where they are...what, 5th of the G5?

As I said, if MU isn't winning, they're accomplishing something that others struggle to do.

Are you really comparing MU to the Dallas Cowboys?!

Doc had those seasons then, played in the CUSA championship...then won it the following year.

Doc was actually winning and competing better than Snyder did, regardless of who was in CUSA and who wasn't.
With Doc, championships were becoming a demand.
With Snyder, just getting bowl eligibility was a demand.

Do you realize how difficult it is for MU, with everything these fans conveniently forget they have to face (crap area for recruiting, lack of money, the state doesn't like us, small population, crappily run state in general, poor economy, etc), to win, consistently, for as long as they did to where they are...what, 5th of the G5?

As I said, if MU isn't winning, they're accomplishing something that others struggle to do.

Are you really comparing MU to the Dallas Cowboys?!
That’s just the curse of low expectations by a fan that sees defeat everywhere he looks.

We have a top ten G5 brand and are in the top quartile of G5 in attendance, donations, ticket revenue, etc. The fans consistently outperform their resources in supporting the program, so I fully expect the program to do the same.

Every team in the G5 has the same number of players recruited from the same general pool of talent. We are not competing with the P5 on a resource basis, we are competing with Sunbelt teams, and before that, CUSA teams. We are the 3rd winningest current G5 team over the last ten years, so any argument of a competitive disadvantage is, based on that evidence, to be disregarded.

The frustration, stated again, is in our ability to win important conference games. The frustration is being eliminated from the conference championship race with 2,3 or 4 games remaining. Huff, for the most part, has been pretty good OOC but has failed with the conference schedule (spectacularly this past season). You shouldn’t have the talent to beat Notre Dame and VT and then finish 4th and 7th in your division of the Sun Belt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT