ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck with little blurb about AAC expansion

Herdon2

Platinum Buffalo
May 15, 2003
4 teams listed and Marshall not 1 of the 4. UMASS, ODU, North Illinois and Rice. If ODU or North Illinois would get in over us then that's pathetic.

No doubt those four colleges listed are being proactive in selling their programs and university's to gain the attention of the AAC. Wonder what we are doing?

Chuckie is a dark hearted bitter old man with an agenda. He cites, as usual "industry sources". Chuckie has no sources, in whatever "industry" he thinks college sports are in.

He states that ODU "has a budget that compares with AAC standards". WRONG. ODU's budget is millions lower than James Madison's and is 64% state and student fee subsidy. He states that "Northern Illinois delivers the Chicago market". WRONG. NIU is near Chicago, yes. But, there is, as we know, a huge difference between being IN a market and being SIGNIFICANT IN it. NIU tickets are going for $11 on stubhub. Hardly delivering now is it, Chuckie? He then says "UMass is a good replacement for UConn". WRONG. What does that mean, exactly? Mass. and Conn. are both rich New England states that ignore the recent addition of college football to their states. Other than that, I guess Chuckie paid attention in 3rd grade when they taught him the states. And he says "Rice would rejoin such fellow private schools as SMU, Tulane, and Tulsa." WRONG. Those four teams were in the same conference for only 9 years.

Best bet scenario would be they take ODU and Rice that would be great news for CUSA as we would turn around and take GA Southern, Appy State, ULL, and Arkansas State and effectively kill the Sun Belt

Best bet scenario would be they take ODU and Rice that would be great news for CUSA as we would turn around and take GA Southern, Appy State, ULL, and Arkansas State and effectively kill the Sun Belt

Or, the Sun Belt would take MU, Southern Miss, and retake WKU and MTSU, and maybe UAB, effectively killing CUSA!!:p:p

Reactions: Herd Fever
You can't be too overt when looking at changing conferences unless your in an old Big East scenario where there isn't going to be a conference soon. Hamrick tweeted they are looking for land for a baseball stadium last week. It's the final facility we must have to make the move to a new conference. I'm sure we are covering our bases as good as can be expected. (Pun intended )

I'm happy either way but would prefer the AAC. UCF ECU good rivalries.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Bottom line Marshall wants to be "invited!" We never see anyone being proactive about making a move or being innovative enough to try to create a new conference with teams from CUSA, MAC, and the AAC. Too much work for us! Besides our new president has already addressed the issue of making a switch pointing out the cost involved. Unless many of us on here - you and I, have lots of expendable cash to donate to the university to hell enable a move then any and all talk about a conference change is a pipe dream. All should be able to see that Marshall seems to appreciate mediocrity and stay in CUSA. Just my opinion.

I have felt all along that ODU would be their #1 choice. It makes all the sense in the world. Close proximity to ECU, Temple and Navy. Very good facilities, large budget, good market and recruiting hotbed.

ODU is probably close, the other 3..............yeah that would be dumb. UConn isn't going anywhere. NIU, gimme a break. Rice yeah possibly. Landon is again full of crapola, if he had sources he would name them. He just reads internet boards, way to go for some craptastic journalism.......

4 teams listed and Marshall not 1 of the 4. UMASS, ODU, North Illinois and Rice. If ODU or North Illinois would get in over us then that's pathetic.
I keep hearing the MAC. The TV contract is good with a lot less travel

It's so funny to read all of you talking about how Chuck knows nothing but every week we keep reading threads like this one talking about Chuck. He must be loving it! He is doing exactly what he is paid to do. Marshall Reynolds must be VERY pleased

I hope so. The last time I gave the Herald-Dispatch American currency for anything was about 14 years ago.

And thanks to threads like these, I don't have to read the articles, so they don't even get my pageviews or clicks.

I keep hearing the MAC. The TV contract is good with a lot less travel
Nobody is hearing the MAC other than bulletin board rumor because the MAC is not looking for anyone nor do they need anyone.

LOL. Well it's finally happened, we have more eerbilliy idiots posting on our threads than Marshall fans.

Obsessed, stoopid and unshaven is no way to go through life guys.

Here's an idea, COME to Huntington and play ball like a team with scrotal contents not a vagina.

So I guess it's time, as you girls enter the meat of the Big 12 sked for TGE to visit Vermins board?

Yup, I'll be there girls!

Reactions: The Real SamC
LOL. Well it's finally happened, we have more eerbilliy idiots posting on our threads than Marshall fans.

Obsessed, stoopid and unshaven is no way to go through life guys.

Here's an idea, COME to Huntington and play ball like a team with scrotal contents not a vagina.

So I guess it's time, as you girls enter the meat of the Big 12 sked for TGE to visit Vermins board?

Yup, I'll be there girls!

First half of post - complain about WVU fans posting here.

Second half of post- proclaim that you plan to start posting on a WVU board.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Nobody is hearing the MAC other than bulletin board rumor because the MAC is not looking for anyone nor do they need anyone.
well, considering it game from an MU coach I would take it serious. The MAC TV deal is better then CUSA and we would save over $2 Million a year in travel costs. Then take in the state budget cuts and you get the picture. This coach did say it was down the road but discussions are taking place.

Again we are literally over ran with Eerbillys that seem to live on our boards yet are afraid to play in Huntington in ANY sport.

Just thought I'd point THAT out.

Come on girls , clean out that vagine and lets play home and home football and hoops!

Again we are literally over ran with Eerbillys that seem to live on our boards yet are afraid to play in Huntington in ANY sport.

Come on girls , clean out that vagine and lets play home and home football and hoops!

Their swim team is in Huntington for the WV games

considering I graduated from Marshall you may want to cool down cowboy

Reactions: jocktalker
well, considering it game from an MU coach I would take it serious. The MAC TV deal is better then CUSA and we would save over $2 Million a year in travel costs. Then take in the state budget cuts and you get the picture. This coach did say it was down the road but discussions are taking place.
Hmm, could be a source of what has sucked the life out of the football team. If this is a rumor, then it has been surely leaked to the players. Keep in mind, all of our players were recruited to play in CUSA, and were told we would be in CUSA. Now there is a rumor we could end up in the MAC, if I were our players it would concern me, as the MAC is a less exotic conference with cold ass weather and zero fan support. Considering almost our entire team is from the South or FL, that would raise a red flag.

To be honest, I call bullshit in this rumor as Hamrick said we would never go back to CUSA and Doc said he wouldn't be the HC if we moved back to CUSA.

Hmm, could be a source of what has sucked the life out of the football team. If this is a rumor, then it has been surely leaked to the players. Keep in mind, all of our players were recruited to play in CUSA, and were told we would be in CUSA. Now there is a rumor we could end up in the MAC, if I were our players it would concern me, as the MAC is a less exotic conference with cold ass weather and zero fan support. Considering almost our entire team is from the South or FL, that would raise a red flag.

To be honest, I call bullshit in this rumor as Hamrick said we would never go back to CUSA and Doc said he wouldn't be the HC if we moved back to CUSA.

This is BS. Are you trying to imply our players are concerned about a conference change and this has led to the horrific start of 1-4? With a loss to a member of this "less exotic" conference by 27 points?
Delusional

Also, I know why Doc said he'd never be the coach here if we moved back to the MAC. He'd have a .500 or below overall record. Which is why Hamrick wouldn't move either

Reactions: 19MU88
I do not think rumors about moving down to the lowly MAC have anything to do with how the current kids are playing. The main reason they are playing poorly is their fundamental lack of skill. Coupled with unimaginative game plans and, a basic lack of effort.

However, recruiting new kids to come play the future phys ed teachers of Ohio and Michigan on random weeknights before no fans in the bitter north of Canada nothingness, out of south Florida would be impossible.

I do not think rumors about moving down to the lowly MAC have anything to do with how the current kids are playing. The main reason they are playing poorly is their fundamental lack of skill. Coupled with unimaginative game plans and, a basic lack of effort.

However, recruiting new kids to come play the future phys ed teachers of Ohio and Michigan on random weeknights before no fans in the bitter north of Canada nothingness, out of south Florida would be impossible.

Who cares where the kids come from as long as they win. If doc needs help winning in the MAC he can call Pruett for guidance

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Hell, at this point, the MAC would be a step up. They do have a ranked team. No worries though, why would they want us back, we have nothing to offer at this point. We may have potential though since we are the ND of G5.

That is a stretch.

First of all they are there to play football and I doubt a lot of them care or can even think that far ahead.

Second if all we suck because we have poor coaching and a lack of talent.

Hey guys, ECU fan here. ODU and RICE are not front runners for the AAC. Aresco has been clear that the league will drop to 10 and stay at 10 if expansion happens and there are not suitable candidates.

ODU brings nothing to the AAC table. They are a market school that has proven location alone does make for winning programs. RICE adds another small private school with no fan base to speak of either. Tulsa and Tulane already are burdens for the AAC because of their lack of fan support.

I really wanted to Marshall to be strong contender for the AAC. I worry that this season for you guys puts a damper on the Herd's AAC prospects. Here is hoping that DOC turns things around.

Hey guys, ECU fan here. ODU and RICE are not front runners for the AAC. Aresco has been clear that the league will drop to 10 and stay at 10 if expansion happens and there are not suitable candidates.

ODU brings nothing to the AAC table. They are a market school that has proven location alone does make for winning programs. RICE adds another small private school with no fan base to speak of either. Tulsa and Tulane already are burdens for the AAC because of their lack of fan support.

I really wanted to Marshall to be strong contender for the AAC. I worry that this season for you guys puts a damper on the Herd's AAC prospects. Here is hoping that DOC turns things around.

Appreciate a sensible fan from another school posting here, welcome brother. I don't think one bad year would define whether or not the AAC would take us, would be very short sighted. I would say the strongest contenders for AAC is us and USM, in other words getting the old band back together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT