ADVERTISEMENT

CNN fact-checker says Tampon Tim's claim on Trump economy 'not true,' says manufacturing jobs rose under him

Well hopefully that's enough of that. I think you guys sliced up his comments pretty well.

At this point in the discussion it looks like herdfbl has nothing left in his playbook but to call you all racist and move on.

Last edited:
Well hopefully that's enough of that. I think you guys sliced up his comments pretty well.

At this point in the discussion it looks like herdfbl has nothing left in his playbook but to call you all racist and move on.
Yeah, really just demoralized me so much that I’ve changed my mind about voting blue this election and will now circle in the bubble for Trump.

Now, let me get back to calling all of you names the way I have this entire thread.

As an independent, I consciously try and remain objective.

Yeah, really just demoralized me so much that I’ve changed my mind about voting blue this election and will now circle in the bubble for Trump.

Well yeah, you didn't fool anyone about being "objective"... Heck, you can't even acknowledge the effect Covid-19 had on manufacturing output and related job losses...

Reactions: mlblack16.
Well yeah, you didn't fool anyone about being "objective"... Heck, you can't even acknowledge the effect Covid-19 had on manufacturing output and related job losses...
I fully acknowledge that Covid was a factor. I even credited Trump for his gains. It’s just that you missed that by not reading the entire thread. That’s why I didn’t respond to the bulk of your posts because we had already addressed your points.

Of course Covid hurt manufacturing jobs, but so did the real estate collapse. So my contention is you can’t ignore the real estate collapse when calculating job losses and gains under Obama but then turn around and consider Covid under Trump.

Trump did have some nice job growth pre-Covid but manufacturing jobs had also already started to drop before March of 2020. Additionally, Obama made impressive gains from 2010-2016 and although 2024 isn’t as dramatic, Biden has demonstrated decent manufacturing job growth to date. One argument was that Biden’s grown related only to Covid but that isn’t necessarily true because manufacturing jobs under Biden have exceeded the highest point pre-Covid under Trump.

And for what it’s worth, I am 100% an independent and have history of voting for both parties but just so we’re clear I will vote straight blue until the Republican Party regains some dignity and moves on from Trump. I’m not anti Republican but I’m damn sure anti Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
And for what it’s worth, I am 100% an independent and have history of voting for both parties but just so we’re clear I will vote straight blue until the Republican Party regains some dignity and moves on from Trump. I’m not anti Republican but I’m damn sure anti Trump.

So your guise o
I fully acknowledge that Covid was a factor. I even credited Trump for his gains. It’s just that you missed that by not reading the entire thread. That’s why I didn’t respond to the bulk of your posts because we had already addressed your points.

I didn't miss that. You said Trump didn't have manufacturing gains over his presidency. That is false. He had gains during the pre-Covid period of his presidency.

Of course Covid hurt manufacturing jobs, but so did the real estate collapse. So my contention is you can’t ignore the real estate collapse when calculating job losses and gains under Obama but then turn around and consider Covid under Trump.

At no time did anyone do that. You are the one saying the housing bubble affected Obama's presidency while being dismissive of Covid's effect on Trump's presidency.

Trump did have some nice job growth pre-Covid but manufacturing jobs had also already started to drop before March of 2020. Additionally, Obama made impressive gains from 2010-2016 and although 2024 isn’t as dramatic,

Obama's gains included the recovery from the government created housing bubble but still were still down 300k from the start of his presidency. There is no debating that no matter how you spin it.

Biden has demonstrated decent manufacturing job growth to date. One argument was that Biden’s grown related only to Covid but that isn’t necessarily true because manufacturing jobs under Biden have exceeded the highest point pre-Covid under Trump.

Opening up the economy along with pent-up demand brought increased many of those manufacturing jobs. It's not as simple as you are making it.

I believe there were 4 - 5 million fewer US made vehicles during Covid. This brought pent-up demand and increasing manufacturing jobs in both assembly plants and ancillary suppliers over the last 2-3 years. High inflation, interest rates, etc. are going to have an effect on continuing demand and manufacturing jobs. I've already posted US new vehicle inventories are alarmingly high.

Well so much for your "objectivity" you claimed to bring to this thread when in fact you just admitted you are 100% against Trump and intend to vote 100% blue.

Interesting you said both parties don't have our best interests at hand but now you are voting exclusively for one of those two parties.

Interesting that the one person that has proven himself to think independently of party lines you are 100% against.

Interesting that you say illegal immigration is a significant problem yet you are voting 100% for the party that is failing to address it and it actively working to increase the number of illegal immigrants.

Interesting that you say the Republican Party lacks dignity but you are voting 100% for the party that routinely calls their political opponents deplorables, fascists, racists, Nazi's, anti-democracy, etc...

You're a White Guy For Harris and just outed yourself 🤣

Joe Biden GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT