ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING College basketball sets Nov. 25 start date

I believe the changes may contain a total reduction in the number of games a school can play overall, from 31. Depends on whether a team is playing in one of the "real" in season tourneys somewhere. Maybe this will convince Danny to try and get into one of those tourneys, at a neutral site, in the future, instead of the same-o Global event that brings 3 "who dats" to the CAM and sends MU to a Major foe somewhere as a "sacrificial lamb".

I believe the changes may contain a total reduction in the number of games a school can play overall, from 31. Depends on whether a team is playing in one of the "real" in season tourneys somewhere. Maybe this will convince Danny to try and get into one of those tourneys, at a neutral site, in the future, instead of the same-o Global event that brings 3 "who dats" to the CAM and sends MU to a Major foe somewhere as a "sacrificial lamb".

The total number of games has been reduced to 27 but it has nothing to do with what tournaments/events you play in... 27 is it, whether you play at home, away, on the moon, in the NIT or in the Global Classic.

My guess would be we will just drop the first four games on the schedule, which works out perfectly for MU since our fifth game is scheduled to be home vs. Tennessee State on Nov. 25.

Non-conference would be...
Nov. 25 - Tennessee State
Nov. 27 - Virginia Tech
Dec. 2 - College of Charleston
Dec. 5 - Akron
Dec. 9 - Bluefield College
Dec. 13 - Ohio

CUSA play would open on Dec. 31 at Charlotte.

The total number of games has been reduced to 27 but it has nothing to do with what tournaments/events you play in... 27 is it, whether you play at home, away, on the moon, in the NIT or in the Global Classic.

My guess would be we will just drop the first four games on the schedule, which works out perfectly for MU since our fifth game is scheduled to be home vs. Tennessee State on Nov. 25.

Non-conference would be...
Nov. 25 - Tennessee State
Nov. 27 - Virginia Tech
Dec. 2 - College of Charleston
Dec. 5 - Akron
Dec. 9 - Bluefield College
Dec. 13 - Ohio

CUSA play would open on Dec. 31 at Charlotte.
We'd also still get Toledo at home on 12/16; Northern Iowa at home on 12/19; and we'd travel to UK on 12/29.

We'd also still get Toledo at home on 12/16; Northern Iowa at home on 12/19; and we'd travel to UK on 12/29.

I

According to some sources, if your team is playing in a MTE, the number of games you can play is 27. If not playing in such a tourney, school is limited to 25 games. Most, if not all, the HERD games in the Global event are wiped out by the Nov. 25 starting date, meaning may be limited to 25 in season games TOTAL!

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT