ADVERTISEMENT

Corning, New York

The point is that if it’s not “making money,” then you wouldn’t need to pay cap gains or an exclusion.
First off. Get some therapy. You need help.

Second. Your own examples demonstrate you had no idea what the exclusions even were. You should have researched it. Banker even gave you the financial statement which renders your entire premise of debating his "cap gains/unrealized gain"...pointless.

Here is the financial statement:
Before
Assets:
House - $400,000
Liabilities:
Mortgage - $0
Net Worth - $400,000

After
Assets:
House -$330,000
Cash - $70,000
Liabilities:
Mortgage - $0
Net Worth - $400,000

married people filing a joint return can exclude up to $500,000 of the gain

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88

Second. Your own examples demonstrate you had no idea what the exclusions even were. You should have researched it. Banker even gave you the financial statement which renders your entire premise of debating his "cap gains/unrealized gain"...pointless.

Before
Assets:
House - $400,000
Liabilities:
Mortgage - $0
Net Worth - $400,000

After
Assets:
House -$330,000
Cash - $70,000
Liabilities:
Mortgage - $0
Net Worth - $400,000

So I mentioned exclusions multiple times, yet your argument is that I didn’t know there were exclusions? Brilliant.

A piece of shit as a human and a complete moron.

So I mentioned exclusions multiple times, yet your argument is that I didn’t know there were exclusions? Brilliant.

A piece of shit as a human and a complete moron.
Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be YOUR thing. You had no idea what the exclusions were. Try again.

you had no idea what the exclusions even were.
You should have checked. You could have stopped rambling a long time ago.

That wasn't the analogy, morons. You both should learn to respond to questions only posed to you. I was trying to walk the numerically challenged banker through his illogic, but he refused to answer a simple question.

But that isn't what you did. You bought a house, sold the house, made money on it, then bought another house for less money.

It's why you'd either have to pay capital gains on the first part of the transaction or fall under one of the exclusions. If you didn't make money, like you said, you wouldn't have to worry about capital gains or the exclusions.

Your equity is an unrealized gain until you sold the asset. I own 25k shares of a stock that jumped from about $.70 to $2.10 in a very short amount of time over the last couple of months. I don't have to pay taxes on that gain until I actually make money from it, because it's an unrealized capital gain. That stock could have gone from $.70 to $21,000, and I wouldn't have to pay any taxes on it until I sold it. Likewise, your equity was unrealized and wasn't you making money until you sold it.

I didn't make any money on that stock just because the value of it increased. I will only make money on it when I sell it. Likewise, your "asset conversion" was where you made money when you sold it. You didn't make money when the property had built equity. You made money when you sold it.
It doesn't work that way. They have already explained it to you. You should have just stepped out of it.

No shit, you piece of shit as a human. That’s why I made multiple comments about “exclusions” to having to pay capital gains on those transactions.

Can any of you deplorables master third-grade reading comprehension?

The point is that if it’s not “making money,” then you wouldn’t need to pay cap gains or an exclusion.
^^gets very angry when lack of knowledge is exposed^^

Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be YOUR thing. You had no idea what the exclusions were. Try again.

You should have checked. You could have stopped rambling a long time ago.
There is not a single thing in this thread that would lead even the most intelligent of morons to assume I didn't know what the exclusions were. Hell, why would I have mentioned exclusions multiple times if I wasn't aware of them, you piece of shit as a human?

This board is getting progressively worse. There are no intelligent debates, and that is entirely on the shoulders of you deplorables. The human piece of shit's attempt in this thread is a perfect example. HerMan's attempt is another perfect example. You all make horrible arguments, and then when called out on them, you claim that you were just making them to get a reaction. Bullshit. HerMan piles on and makes himself look dumber than usual by not realizing that everything I have said in this thread is accurate.

But here, human piece of shit . . . let's prove you wrong even more. October, 2022: a post from me mentioning specifically one of the exclusions:

There is not a single thing in this thread that would lead even the most intelligent of morons to assume I didn't know what the exclusions were. Hell, why would I have mentioned exclusions multiple times if I wasn't aware of them, you piece of shit as a human?

This board is getting progressively worse. There are no intelligent debates, and that is entirely on the shoulders of you deplorables. The human piece of shit's attempt in this thread is a perfect example. HerMan's attempt is another perfect example. You all make horrible arguments, and then when called out on them, you claim that you were just making them to get a reaction. Bullshit. HerMan piles on and makes himself look dumber than usual by not realizing that everything I have said in this thread is accurate.

But here, human piece of shit . . . let's prove you wrong even more. October, 2022: a post from me mentioning specifically one of the exclusions:

You have EG on your side. We could literally throw out one liners like liar, oath breaker, etc. for the next 150 years and it would still not equal his terrible non intelligent posts.

You argument about him selling the house and how he made money was just incredibly stupid. I know that and got a C in Accounting 215 because it was so damn boring. Dropped 216 to go to a basketball tournament and took it later. Even I know that what you said was plain just stupid. You got called it by two people who gave you specifics and how it realy works. But, you just try to continue to argue like you do in law school argumetns and such.

Stick to hot pussy and going to ball games.

You have EG on your side. We could literally throw out one liners like liar, oath breaker, etc. for the next 150 years and it would still not equal his terrible non intelligent posts.

You argument about him selling the house and how he made money was just incredibly stupid. I know that and got a C in Accounting 215 because it was so damn boring. Dropped 216 to go to a basketball tournament and took it later. Even I know that what you said was plain just stupid. You got called it by two people who gave you specifics and how it realy works. But, you just try to continue to argue like you do in law school argumetns and such.

Yep, he certainly made an ass out of himself in this thread. I expect pathetic narcissistic boasts and blather from him, but not down right stupidity. Honestly, I usually enjoy laughing at him but I kind of felt bad for him in this thread.

Yep, he certainly made an ass out of himself in this thread. I expect pathetic narcissistic boasts and blather from him, but not down right stupidity. Honestly, I usually enjoy laughing at him but I kind of felt bad for him in this thread.
^^^idiot is still trying to find someone stupider than himself. If you agree with him you're the someone.

why would I have mentioned exclusions multiple times if I wasn't aware of them,
Your comprehension is getting progressively worse moron. I never suggested you were not aware of exclusions. You simply demonstrate your argument with Banker...was ignorant based on what the exclusions actually are.

You're right. The board is getting progressively worse. You and Greed can barely hold a reasonable debate or completely change the premise of your original argument. Try harder.

He absolutely made money selling the house. There is no question about it. Regardless if he wants to claim it was equity converted to cash, it is still making money. If he didn't make money, then why would he need exclusions (whether it be years lived in the house, the $250k/$500k profit exclusion, etc.) on the taxable income on it?

Exclusions apply BECAUSE he made money on it!

• Haha
Your comprehension is getting progressively worse moron. I never suggested you were not aware of exclusions. You simply demonstrate your argument with Banker...was ignorant based on what the exclusions actually are.
I don't know what the exclusions are, yet I just posted a link to me mentioning one of the exclusions on here a year ago. Again, a piece of shit as a human is bad enough. A liar, like you got exposed being, is almost as bad. But to add stupidity in there is the hat trick.

Explain how I allegedly don't know what the exclusions are considering I posted about one of them on here a year ago.

I don't have them all memorized, but I knew/know of having to own the property for X years and having lived there for X years, the $250k profit allowance (assuming the first exclusion applies) for me, and, I believe, a military exclusion. If there are more, then great, but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Your argument is based on nothing but a desperate attempt to get yourself in this thread. I mentioned "exclusions" multiple times in my post to Banker. If an exclusion didn't work for him, then he made money. If an exclusion worked for him (which was clearly the case), then the reason he needed an exclusion is BECAUSE he made money! Had he not made money, he wouldn't need an exclusion.

Your right.
Unlike your constant horrendous grammar, piece of shit as a human.

=

This should be entertaining. Explain how he didn't make money selling his house.

Exactly. The exclusions had nothing to do with what the conversation was about....
If he had to use an exclusion, which by all accounts was the case, that means he made money you fvcking moron!

The whole reason for the existence of exclusions is that you don't have to pay taxes for making money on that sale!

If he had to use an exclusion, which by all accounts was the case, that means he made money you fvcking moron!

The whole reason for the existence of exclusions is that you don't have to pay taxes for making money on that sale!
he plainly stated he didn't make money. how stupid are you? and how proud of your stupidity are you?

He showed you a basic example of balance sheet changes. Does he need to get out a coloring book for you?

Lastly, I never saw Rockdog mention any exclusion so stop lying. you are flustered, take a break and collect yourself. do better.

This should be entertaining. Explain how he didn't make money selling his house.
the first thing you need to understand is, you do not have all the variables to explain how he did make money.

hint.........get him to tell you how much he paid for the house and then we'll all determine if he made money on the transaction and if taxes/exclusions were necessary.

damn you are dumb.

he plainly stated he didn't make money. how stupid are you? and how proud of your stupidity are you?
Dork, you're making yourself look dumber than usual. Go back in your hole where nobody pays you any attention.

He claims he didn't make any money, because his definition of making money is incorrect. That's what the entire argument is about, moron.

Lastly, I never saw Rockdog mention any exclusion so stop lying. you are flustered, take a break and collect yourself. do better.
He didn't have to mention an exclusion. He was excluded on at least two factors. Ask him if he had to pay any taxes on the profit he made on his house. He didn't have to, because of those exclusions, moron.

the first thing you need to understand is, you do not have all the variables to explain how he did make money.

Yes, I do have all of the variables. It is public record.

hint.........get him to tell you how much he paid for the house and then we'll all determine if he made money on the transaction and if taxes/exclusions were necessary.

He paid $217.5k for the house. He sold it for $395k.

So tell us, moron, did he make any money? Not only did he make money, but since it was paid off, he made a lot more money.

damn you are dumb.
Read above and look in the mirror.

Dork, you're making yourself look dumber than usual. Go back in your hole where nobody pays you any attention.

He claims he didn't make any money, because his definition of making money is incorrect. That's what the entire argument is about, moron.

He didn't have to mention an exclusion. He was excluded on at least two factors. Ask him if he had to pay any taxes on the profit he made on his house. He didn't have to, because of those exclusions, moron.

So tell us, moron, did he make any money? Not only did he make money, but since it was paid off, he made a lot more money.

Wow. This guy is rattled and mad. Simmer down baldy. I'm just taking Banker at his word on making money, I'm certainly not going to stalk him or look for public records about him. (that's weird). Did those public records give you any information on any capital improvements or other costs related to the property that would impact his capital gain? moron.

you are really looking frazzled today. bad look for you. angry, rattled, frazzled and mad. Cheer up, the Cuck is still behind you!! (no pun intended)

Wow. This guy is rattled and mad. Simmer down baldy. I'm just taking Banker at his word on making money, I'm certainly not going to stalk him or look for public records about him. (that's weird). Did those public records give you any information on any capital improvements or other costs related to the property that would impact his capital gain? moron.

you are really looking frazzled today. bad look for you. angry, rattled, frazzled and mad. Cheer up, the Cuck is still behind you!! (no pun intended)
^^^idiot is still looking for someone stupider than himself. If you agree with him, you're the someone.

Before
Assets:
House - $400,000
Liabilities:
Mortgage - $0
Net Worth - $400,000

After
Assets:
House -$330,000
Cash - $70,000
Liabilities:
Mortgage - $0
Net Worth - $400,000

He won’t touch the financial statement aspect because there isn’t a way around it.

Based on his way of looking at things, Elon Musk is worth less than a billion dollars because he hasn’t realized the gains on his Tesla stock. Never mind that those assets are something he can borrow against and not have to pay any taxes and can deduct the interest depending on the use of those borrowed funds.

Rifle is smart about a lot, but has a very rudimentary grasp of finances.

He won’t touch the financial statement aspect because there isn’t a way around it.

Based on his way of looking at things, Elon Musk is worth less than a billion dollars because he hasn’t realized the gains on his Tesla stock. Never mind that those assets are something he can borrow against and not have to pay any taxes and can deduct the interest depending on the use of those borrowed funds.

Rifle is smart about a lot, but has a very rudimentary grasp of finances.
If you didn't make any money from the sales/purchase, why would you need an exclusion from paying taxes on it? If you didn't make any money, you wouldn't need an exclusion. The reality is, that was all an unrealized gain.

It's why I don't have to pay taxes on $50k I made on that one stock until I realize that gain. It's why I can keep $45k in my legal, U.S. based gambling account that has built up and not have to report that as income. It's because they are both unrealized gains, and I haven't made any of it yet.

How do you know he paid cash for the house? Are you considering his mortage which would include interest? Are you considering his taxes on the house? Are you considering maintenance he did on the house? Insurance on the house? He paid them over some years.

You also were shown a balance sheet/financial statement and was pointed out by two different people. Give it up. He showed you how it was equity converted to cash. Hell, you didn't even account all the things I mentioned above.

If you didn't make any money from the sales/purchase, why would you need an exclusion from paying taxes on it? If you didn't make any money, you wouldn't need an exclusion. The reality is, that was all an unrealized gain.

It's why I don't have to pay taxes on $50k I made on that one stock until I realize that gain. It's why I can keep $45k in my legal, U.S. based gambling account that has built up and not have to report that as income. It's because they are both unrealized gains, and I haven't made any of it yet.

Um, you are 100% wrong about the gambling winnings. Might want to talk to an accountant because you won’t believe me, but gambling winnings are 100% taxable in the quarter in which the money is won. Doesn’t matter if you cash it out of the account or not.

Um, you are 100% wrong about the gambling winnings. Might want to talk to an accountant because you won’t believe me, but gambling winnings are 100% taxable in the quarter in which the money is won. Doesn’t matter if you cash it out of the account or not.

Wow, we have our own Hunter Biden on the forum.

Rifle, I am not accountant but thin you shold at least do some serious research. You seem to be skating on a find line there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT