ADVERTISEMENT

CROOKED DONALD TRUMP rages as fresh signs of his weakness emerge

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
There is probably no better way to demonstrate one’s manly strength and control than firing off a tweet in capital letters. So it is that, when a dozen GOP senators defied President Trump’s orders and voted to terminate his declaration of a national emergency, his powerful Twitter thumbsspranginto action: “VETO!”

The thrilling message to his supporters: Trump’s got this. He’s totally in command of the situation.

But we are now learning new details about just how personally involved Trump was in trying to prevent defections among GOP senators. It turns out Trump aggressively sought to make this vote all about himself — frequently warning that he would unleash the cult-like wrath of his voters if the Senate didn’t do his bidding — and raged as that effort failed.

The New York Timesreports that Trump madea “volley of phone calls” to Senate Republicans and “warned them of the electoral consequences of defying him,” making this argument:

During a meeting on trade on Wednesday afternoon at the White House, Mr. Trump tried to cajole a handful of members to vote his way, emphasizing that a vote “against border security” would be noticed by the party’s base, according to two people who attended.

Notably, Trump repeatedly threatened them with the idea that his own supporters would see it this way, too, and that this should frighten them very deeply. But it didn’t.

The Times adds that when this effort failed to persuade Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Trump “flew into a rage.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-his-weakness-emerge/?utm_term=.53c7479b411f

Last edited:
There is probably no better way to demonstrate one’s manly strength and control than firing off a tweet in capital letters. So it is that, when a dozen GOP senators defied President Trump’s orders and voted to terminate his declaration of a national emergency, his powerful Twitter thumbsspranginto action: “VETO!”

The thrilling message to his supporters: Trump’s got this. He’s totally in command of the situation.

But we are now learning new details about just how personally involved Trump was in trying to prevent defections among GOP senators. It turns out Trump aggressively sought to make this vote all about himself — frequently warning that he would unleash the cult-like wrath of his voters if the Senate didn’t do his bidding — and raged as that effort failed.

The New York Timesreports that Trump madea “volley of phone calls” to Senate Republicans and “warned them of the electoral consequences of defying him,” making this argument:

During a meeting on trade on Wednesday afternoon at the White House, Mr. Trump tried to cajole a handful of members to vote his way, emphasizing that a vote “against border security” would be noticed by the party’s base, according to two people who attended.

Notably, Trump repeatedly threatened them with the idea that his own supporters would see it this way, too, and that this should frighten them very deeply. But it didn’t.

The Times adds that when this effort failed to persuade Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Trump “flew into a rage.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-his-weakness-emerge/?utm_term=.53c7479b411f
You’ve got him now !

Less than a quarter of the G.O.P. caucus was prepared to block a national-emergency declaration most of them know violates the separation of powers, tramples on their legislative prerogatives, makes a mockery of long-held conservative principles, and establishes a political precedent they will come to regret bitterly and soon.
In this week’s drama there’s more than one perjurious Rich. But special mentions must be made of Nebraska’s Ben Sasse and North Carolina’s Thom Tillis. Both of them previously opposed the emergency declaration. Both are up for renomination and re-election next year. And both found ways to vote something other than their consciences.

In this week’s drama there’s more than one perjurious Rich. But special mentions must be made of Nebraska’s Ben Sasse and North Carolina’s Thom Tillis. Both of them previously opposed the emergency declaration. Both are up for renomination and re-election next year. And both found ways to vote something other than their consciences.

In mid-February, Sasse issued a statement in which he warned, “If we get used to presidents just declaring an emergency any time they can’t get what they want from Congress, it will be almost impossible to go back to a Constitutional system of checks and balances.”

As for the Tillis, he too has his principles — or had them. “As a U.S. senator, I cannot justify providing the executive with more ways to bypass Congress,” he wrote in a Washington Post op-ed. “As a conservative, I cannot endorse a precedent that I know future left-wing presidents will exploit to advance radical policies that will erode economic and individual freedoms.”

“These are the reasons,” Tillis grandly concluded, “I would vote in favor of the resolution disapproving of the president’s national-emergency declaration, if and when it comes before the Senate.”

That op-ed was published on Feb. 25. On Wednesday, the day before the Senate vote, The Hill reported that Mark Walker, a Baptist preacher and Trump loyalist, was mulling a primary challenge against Tillis. “North Carolina Republican primary voters have made their voices clear,” Walker told The Hill. “They stand with the president. Our senators should as well.”

It’s remarkable how quickly principles become liquid when a Senate seat is at stake. Remarkable, also, how completely the G.O.P. is now defined by self-abasement.

Now the majority of Republicans in the Senate have surrendered to the idea that a president can spend taxpayer money from a partisan whim in express defiance of Congress. It’s one more capitulation to Trumpism in a list that now includes the abandoned beliefs that international alliances make us safer, free trade makes us richer, immigration makes us stronger, a free press makes us freer, human rights make us better, and tyrants should be confronted, not coddled. The Republican Party is burying the legacy of Ronald Reagan in ways Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders could only dream of.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/opinion/republicans-trump-veto-emergency.html

DONT WORRY THEYWILL PULL A TILLIS AND WILL FIND IT ALL AGAIN IN 2020

Last edited:
Less than a quarter of the G.O.P. caucus was prepared to block a national-emergency declaration most of them know violates the separation of powers, tramples on their legislative prerogatives, makes a mockery of long-held conservative principles, and establishes a political precedent they will come to regret bitterly and soon.

In mid-February, Sasse issued a statement in which he warned, “If we get used to presidents just declaring an emergency any time they can’t get what they want from Congress, it will be almost impossible to go back to a Constitutional system of checks and balances.”

As for the Tillis, he too has his principles — or had them. “As a U.S. senator, I cannot justify providing the executive with more ways to bypass Congress,” he wrote in a Washington Post op-ed. “As a conservative, I cannot endorse a precedent that I know future left-wing presidents will exploit to advance radical policies that will erode economic and individual freedoms.”

“These are the reasons,” Tillis grandly concluded, “I would vote in favor of the resolution disapproving of the president’s national-emergency declaration, if and when it comes before the Senate.”

That op-ed was published on Feb. 25. On Wednesday, the day before the Senate vote, The Hill reported that Mark Walker, a Baptist preacher and Trump loyalist, was mulling a primary challenge against Tillis. “North Carolina Republican primary voters have made their voices clear,” Walker told The Hill. “They stand with the president. Our senators should as well.”

It’s remarkable how quickly principles become liquid when a Senate seat is at stake. Remarkable, also, how completely the G.O.P. is now defined by self-abasement.

Now the majority of Republicans in the Senate have surrendered to the idea that a president can spend taxpayer money from a partisan whim in express defiance of Congress. It’s one more capitulation to Trumpism in a list that now includes the abandoned beliefs that international alliances make us safer, free trade makes us richer, immigration makes us stronger, a free press makes us freer, human rights make us better, and tyrants should be confronted, not coddled. The Republican Party is burying the legacy of Ronald Reagan in ways Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders could only dream of.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/opinion/republicans-trump-veto-emergency.html

DONT WORRY THEYWILL PULL A TILLIS AND WILL FIND IT ALL AGAIN IN 2020

Great work Retard!

By Thom Tillis R NC

It is my responsibility to be a steward of the Article I branch, to preserve the separation of powers and to curb the kind of executive overreach that Congress has allowed to fester for the better part of the past century. I stood by that principle during the Obama administration, and I stand by it now.

As a U.S. senator, I cannot justify providing the executive with more ways to bypass Congress. As a conservative, I cannot endorse a precedent that I know future left-wing presidents will exploit to advance radical policies that will erode economic and individual freedoms.

These are the reasons I would vote in favor of the resolution disapproving of the president’s national-emergency declaration, if and when it comes before the Senate.

PRETTY WORDS BUT AS WITH ALL REPUBLICANS HE LIES, LIES, LIES - IT IS THE PARTY OF CROOKED DONALD TRUMP THE PARTY THAT TRAMPLES THE CONSTITUTION

THE NEXT DAY HE DID EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE BY VOTING TO USURP THE CONSTITUTION.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ote-against-emergency/?utm_term=.70569e6494a3

Last edited:
WTF? Didn't Sen Sasse vow to pursue term limits? Now, he's selling out due to primary support?

https://www.sasse.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2015/1/sasse-sworn-in-co-sponsors-term-limits

Honoring his campaign pledge to sponsor term-limit legislation, Senator Sasse agreed to partner with Senator David Vitter (R-LA) to become an original cosponsor of a constitutional amendment to limit members of the Senate to two terms and members of the House of Representatives to three terms.

THAT CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT MUST HAVE GOTTEN LOST IN THE MAIL. I HAVENT HEARD A WORD ABOUT IT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT