ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Herd That

How about at least 5 minutes during halftime of good ole Guy Lombardo music to allow our elderly fan segment to catch a few ZZZZZs and thus be refreshed for the second half? Can always arrange to have the flyover pilot buzz the stadium near the end of the half, letting loose with a nice "Sonic Boom" to arouse and FIRE UP our dozing fans for the Second Half!!
My grandma used to love Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass... Throw in some docile tones of Barry Manilow or James Taylor and we could have all the 75+ year olds nodding off.

I got it - A Polka halftime dance off. Next home game could be a MB Shag dance contest - the winners get $100 gift certificates to Eagles or Wings!!!!

Next home game could be a MB Shag dance contest - the winners get $100 gift certificates to Eagles or Wings!!!!
As lifelong white trash, I've been to Myrtle many, many times in my life. We stayed in North Myrtle this year and it was the first time I had really ventured into their main street, with all the restaurants and bars.

My god, the number of plaques devoted to shag dancers who had died was unbelievable. If that place ain't haunted now, it will be soon.

How about at least 5 minutes during halftime of good ole Guy Lombardo music to allow our elderly fan segment to catch a few ZZZZZs and thus be refreshed for the second half? Can always arrange to have the flyover pilot buzz the stadium near the end of the half, letting loose with a nice "Sonic Boom" to arouse and FIRE UP our dozing fans for the Second Half!!

Nah. Just let Rev. Lovejoy speak about Sweet Constancy for 10 mins then hit 'em with the Disco Whistle.

I think the young man is only doing what he believes he was asked to do.It sounds like a selection from a club on Friday night. I don't expect him to play music I would like from the 70/80's era. I do think he needs to play STADIUM MUSIC that will hype the crowd. IMO there are certain songs that accomplish that , regardless if they are rock or rap from the 70's or from last week.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I thought it was a good addition. they need to do a better job coordinating with the pa announcer but that will come.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Coordination with the PA announcer won't happen. I speak from past listening experience. And the scoreboard operator needs to brush up on down and distance. That shouldn't be too hard. 1st and 10, ball on 50. Gain of 4, ball on 46, 2nd and six. And so on.

And the scoreboard operator needs to brush up on down and distance. That shouldn't be too hard. 1st and 10, ball on 50. Gain of 4, ball on 46, 2nd and six. And so on.
Drove me crazy last year... I don't know how many times I looked at the scoreboard and it said "2nd and 6" and clearly looking at the field in front of me it was 7 or maybe even 8 yards to go, or vice versa.

Kids these days. When I was in school, the big club was The Drink, and their DJ was a burned Verbatim CD with Nelly and Bloodhound Gang on infinite repeat the whole night.

AND WE LIKED IT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT