ADVERTISEMENT

Doc and his staff ARE TRASH

Hey Marine you were right about Morrell starting. Unfortunately he looks just as bad as Litton.
Morrell actually has a lot of potential and did fine against a good defense. 9 months in the weight room and the playbook of whoever will be the new OC, and Spring ball could have him make a huge jump going into next season. Keep in mind, Morrell has only been on campus since this summer and only had 1 game of true experience besides mop-up coming into today.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I heard tonight Litton was transferring and Legg is resigning. I just don't understand how Litton stayed around all year. If Yurachek kicked him out of his apartment, the coaching staff had to be aware. Bring on Xavier Gaines!!!
Morrell is closer to Litton than Gaines is to Morrell. How the hell do you get that Gaines should be the guy when he showed zip in fall camp? Let's wait until after the spring before we name the next MU QB flop.

Just a thought if Marshall can't pay for a Qb coach then why the hell is Marshall in the fbs. I'm sick of hearing Marshall can't afford this or that but look at all the new building going on around Marshall and don't tell me boosters are paying for it all. If so then Marshall's president isn't using the money from sport's tickets gate collection Marshall clothing sales wisely. Seems like Marshall isn't willing to spend $ on coaching but is willing to up the cost to see this mess. And I think even the president at Marshall will see a big lose next year in ticket sales if something isn't done soon. And for the people that think Marshall is broke then your about as lost as this coaching staff is now. And look forward to another rate increase in 2017 for your football tickets. And just for kicks how many of you are willing to pay more for what we have now? And what would it take for you to say ok I'll pay X amount more next year for this.

We need to hire an OC that'll bring a grad transfer with him.

Exactly. Everybody knows that we have no QB who is good enough to play I-A football on campus currently. That is what the grad transfer rule helps teams dig out of. We should have had one this year, and certainly should have one next year.

As to CL, he becomes a footnote to a bad year. Never will see him again.

Morrell has potential. I mean hell, consider the fact he is playing with the same skill set he arrived with straight outta high school.

Legg spent what little time he did toward assisting our QBs to improve on Chase. I say that as a light hearted comment, because I don't truly believe he spent any time with any QB other than saying, "here's this week's 4 plays we're going to be calling from the booth."

Reactions: pdbailey
Whomever is our QB one thing for certain, we NEED an actual QB coach. We have 2 young men trying and not getting direction on form or process leadership. They need to be sequestered and built. Legg never played QB.

Finally Doc has lost this team. I wonder can he get them back? From sideline antics like I've never seen from players tossing one another into the air and looking like they care less about the game to open disgust for other team mates. It's bad.

Doc will not be back next year

I'm inclined to agree... It has to go much, much deeper then wins and loses. I think we saw a couple of real instances of what this team was capable of, (and they could have been damn good). The first game of the season, the first half against Louisville, the second half against Pittsburgh and the Middle Tennessee game. The rest of the time this team was in a full blown revolt mode.

Last edited:
Criticize Doc, Hamrick, Legg, et al all you want, but to call them trash is just low class. This staff has shown more respect for Marshall's tradition and legacy than any that's come before. Trash doesn't do that.

I have to agree and I'm as pissed about this year as anyone. I've been very critical of them professionally but I don't think any of our guys are trash. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I think I like every one of them. I wish big changes didn't have to happen but I don't see any other way at this point. If guys leave then I will wish them all well.

And it doesn't help that Doc gets undercut at every turn by a certain former coach.

Why would Pruett undercut Doc? (assuming you are referring to Pruett) I don't see the reasoning here. Explain please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT