ADVERTISEMENT

Duhon Arrested Again

Not an uncommon situation and amazing how many will try to get away with driving in a suspended license. Here in SC , auto trip to the pokey and not just check in and out. Carries a decent fine and automatic jail time. Not impossible to obtain the license again after the DUI/Suspension but costly ( atty) and lengthy process.

Here in SC jail time is mandatory
You may be charged with a misdemeanor if you drive while your license is suspended or revoked. (S.C. Code § 56-1-500.) For a first offense, the maximum sentence may involve:

• a $300 fine, and
  • 30 days in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(a).)
For a second offense, the maximum sentence may involve:

• a $600 fine, and
  • 60 consecutive days in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(b).)
For a third or subsequent offense, the maximum sentence may involve:

• a $1,000 fine, and
  • between 90 days and six months in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(c).)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elkview
Dude has demons for sure. Even though he's a dukie I hope he finds himself and can expel those demons

Dude needs rehab. He needs to admit he has problems and get himself straightened out. He's a really good guy and the kids just love him.

I'm confused, was this another DUI or was it a stupid decision to drive without a valid license. What I'm reading it sounds like the later.

Does it really matter?? Either way it shows a terrible lack of Judgment

Yes there is a big difference.

* I doubt anyone was in danger if he was driving sober.
* If intoxicated this would be a much bigger issue.
* Agree that it was a huge, I say selfish, decision.
* Duhon may well get fired but the fact nobody cares about this except the Marshall family he may skate. Much will depend on the value DD places on Duhon as a coach. Hamrick and Gilbert,who knows what they're doing.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Yes there is a big difference.

* I doubt anyone was in danger if he was driving sober.
* If intoxicated this would be a much bigger issue.
* Agree that it was a huge, I say selfish, decision.
* Duhon may well get fired but the fact nobody cares about this except the Marshall family he may skate. Much will depend on the value DD places on Duhon as a coach. Hamrick and Gilbert,who knows what they're doing.
No shit dui and driving with a suspended license are two completely different issues. My point was he has already shown a poor lack of judgment, his dui, this just adds to his lack of judgment. He will be gone

No shit dui and driving with a suspended license are two completely different issues. My point was he has already shown a poor lack of judgment, his dui, this just adds to his lack of judgment. He will be gone

I'm glad we agree, you helped clear up the issue. Was at the Duke game yesterday and was not up to speed.

New Driving on revoked license.

Paying a lot of attention to MU there, nancy boys

It's all they have to do, I have restated it so much I'm like a broken record , yet they listen to their ex buckeye leader upping his career at the state of We$t Virginias expense. "Run down Marshall and never risk losing to them" what a complete asshole he is. Or maybe that should be A$$HOLE.

So all that said if I was just a revoked license then I say let him do his time and keep him on board. Let's face it Randy Moss spent 30 days in the hole because he didn't want to go to wet vagina u, they showed him local power and humbled him and in the end he ended up helping Marshall. Just because a small town cop can , doesn't mean we allow that individual to ruin Duhon's career.

IF it's another DUI I would suggest we send him to rehab and require it for a year or more. Alcoholism is a disease. He may be bad apple, we however could take the higher road and help one more time. Depends on Duhons outlook. If DD has this much faith in him, he's probably worth the effort, he sees something in him worthwhile. If it's just a revoked license....no way we let him go IMO.

Not knowing the real facts but I have seen things like this happen where the driver thought everything was taken care of an thought his license were valid. Then you get stopped an they run you thru the DMV an you find out different. With his DUI being back in 2015 and him being back to work at MU why would he drive if he knew he didn't have a license? First time DUI doesn't suspend your license for over a year. Just a thought!

IMHO,

- He obviously is gone.

- Assuming he has a WV license (a lot of people in jobs like coaching don't bother to move their address, which is technically illegal and really dumb) the WV DMV, like most of the state government, is totally screwed up, and furthermore is out to crush people rather than help people like it should, so the idea that he did not know the license was suspended is plausable, but it is just a likely that he just never bothered to go through the Prestera Center's dog and pony show DUI class and all of the DMV's red tape and just drove anyway, or that he still has a license from some other state and that state notices were returned to sender.

- Probably a case of DWB.

Lol - how many yellow Lambo's are there in Huntington , for that matter the state of WV. Would hazard a guess only one.

This was just a stupid conscious decision on Duhon's part , maybe he needs a handler like Huggins.

Great message to the players , court tells you not to do something and you do it anyway.

Something somewhat funny , back in the early 80's we were living in Houston , upon moving to Texas the state of Texas at that time did not require you to surrender an out of state license in order to obtain a valid Texas license , I maintained a Texas and WV license for years and upon moving back to WV , maintained the Texas license for another couple of years. Have no idea if Texas still does that or not.

Duhon goes to my church. Seems like a good guy. Hate to hear this but you need to make sure you are supposed to be driving.

Duhon goes to my church. Seems like a good guy. Hate to hear this but you need to make sure you are supposed to be driving.

Herdon2 - you know very well when you leave traffic court especially with a DUI if you are allowed or not allowed to operate a motor vehicle , there is no guessing , you ( at least in SC) in most cases surrender your operators permit and have to obtain a state ID for identification purposes. No way did he not know he was not supposed to be driving as he would have been told by the judge or in the unlikely event he did not appear but was allowed to have the case handled by his atty , then the atty would have been instructed accordingly.

Occasionally and it is very infrequent but occasionally here in SC a person may be allowed to drive to and from work maybe and again its highly irregular but to work and straight back home , no stopping at the package store or the bar room saloon on the way back to your home , work straight to the house , house straight to the job. But its not something that happens very often and woe be it to anyone that violates the conditions , thats an auto go to jail do not pass go.

Reactions: Tim_In_Hurricane
Let's not assume he's guilty until proven innocent. I bet when the real facts come out this is a misunderstanding and it's gets thrown out. He's probably been driving to work. To recruit. To church an probably has been for a while. His DUI was back in 2015. No way the athletic department would have let him continue to drive while on company time if he didn't have a valid license. DMV makes mistakes. Probably a document didn't get turned in or wasn't sent. Think about it. He made a huge mistake by getting the DUI. He paid the price. Was suspended by the university and had to pay a fine. Why would he knowingly not take the steps to get his license valid.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fensive-coordinator-david-reaves-arrested-dui

Sportsfan - there is a prescribed amount of time ( may vary from state to state) that the license is suspended for , that he would have been made aware of by the WVDMV - however if WV is like SC the following may apply i.e he may have an indefinite suspension depending on the BAC level at the time of the traffic stop or at the jail. Refusal really ups the issue and problems , so if your stopped , might as well do the field test and save yourself additional time and problems

SOUTH CAROLINA
If you decide not to contest the suspension or the hearing does not go in your favor, you will face administrative penalties which include a driver's license suspension:

DUI

• 1st offense: 6 months.
  • 1st offense: Indefinite (with a BAC 0.15% and over).
  • 2nd offense: Indefinite.
  • 3rd offense: Indefinite.
Refuse chemical test

• 1st offense: 6 months.
  • 2nd offense: Indefinite.
  • 3rd offense: Indefinite.

Last edited:
Maybe he shouldn't have been in the initial situation to begin with , the DUI , then the entire thread and discussion wouldn't be taking place. Consider that. No DUI , no Suspended license ,so no arrest for driving on a suspended license. So it all rolls back to the original violation , good judgement and he would not have been , what, found passed out behind the wheel , vehicle parked with the engine running?

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
How on earth does he do his job on a suspended license? You have to have your drivers license to check into a hotel and get on an airplane. How does he go on recruiting trips without a license? A requirement for ANY job that requires travel is an active drivers license.

How on earth does he do his job on a suspended license? You have to have your drivers license to check into a hotel and get on an airplane. How does he go on recruiting trips without a license? A requirement for ANY job that requires travel is an active drivers license.

Are you joking? A suspended license, assuming it is not expired, is still a valid form of identification. You don't have to be able to drive to check into a hotel or board a plane. Jiminy Christmas.

Are you joking? A suspended license, assuming it is not expired, is still a valid form of identification. You don't have to be able to drive to check into a hotel or board a plane. Jiminy Christmas.
I was just asking as I have never had my license suspended or revoked. I do know a few people who did have their license suspended and it was very hard to do their jobs since there was travel involved with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT