ADVERTISEMENT

Ebay

Always The Herd

Silver Buffalo
Feb 3, 2007
Do any of you sell things on Ebay. Do you make any true profit. Is it hard to use. How do you get your money, etc., etc., etc.
~
I fully understand I can go on their site or Google some questions......however I would like to know your experiences with Ebay.
~
Thank you

Do any of you sell things on Ebay.
I have sold one or two things.

Do you make any true profit.
You will make a profit as long as the price you sell the product for is greater than the cost of the item and the ebay fees.

Is it hard to use.
For most people, no.

How do you get your money, etc., etc., etc.
Usually Paypal

Super easy. I probably made a grand this year selling stuff I had sitting around.

PayPal is 100% a must.

Easiest way to do it IMO is to use the eBay app on your phone or iPad. You can snap pics and fill in the forms in under 5 minutes. I always use the flat rate boxes. You can select that as your shipping option and use a flat shipping rate. For instance, I usually use a medium flat rate box. I charge a flat shipping rate of $12. I can print the labels straight from EBay for about $10.50. The boxes are free from the post office.

One tip I have, don't be afraid to list items at a low starting price. I can't tell you how many times I have listed an item for $20, it doesn't sell, I say screw it, list it for $1, and it sells for $30.

ebay used to be great. now it is more like fee-bay. by the time ebay gets their cut and then paypal (also ebay) gets their cut and then you pay to ship your item you generally make little.

if you have a firearm (and are comfortable using it) sell stuff on Craigslist...

I love ebay. Use it all the time buying and selling. Easy to use and paypal is a must. Have bought and sold a car on ebay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT