ADVERTISEMENT

economics lesson for conservatives

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
for years conservatives on this board have argued that if you produce a commodity
the demand will follow (the infamous 20% who would swear the sky was green if a
conservative pol or right wing talker told them so). those of us who live in the real
world have attempted for years to bring them to reality.
not that talking to a bunch of rock heads will do any good - hear is energy secretary
rick perry (thunderous laughter) making the conservative case for lunacy.

“Here's a little economics lesson: supply and demand,” Perry said, according to Taylor Kuykendall of Standard & Poor's. “You put the supply out there, and demand will follow.”

People often talk about supply and demand in economics, but not in the way Perry used the terms. In essence, supply refers to whether goods and services are readily available on the market, and demand refers to how badly consumers want those products. Just supplying a product does not create demand for it.

If Perry was suggesting that no matter how much coal the industry produces, there will be demand for it, he was clearly mistaken. Of course, demand for coal — or any other item — is not infinite. People will only buy so much of it at a given price, and producers will only be able to sell more if they bring down the price.

If producers in a given industry simply “put the supply out there,” as Perry said, they'll be left with warehouses full of surplus goods. In other words, demand does not follow supply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-720pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.86e5c1ae4f2c

images

for years conservatives on this board have argued that if you produce a commodity
the demand will follow (the infamous 20% who would swear the sky was green if a
conservative pol or right wing talker told them so). those of us who live in the real
world have attempted for years to bring them to reality.
not that talking to a bunch of rock heads will do any good - hear is energy secretary
rick perry (thunderous laughter) making the conservative case for lunacy.

“Here's a little economics lesson: supply and demand,” Perry said, according to Taylor Kuykendall of Standard & Poor's. “You put the supply out there, and demand will follow.”

People often talk about supply and demand in economics, but not in the way Perry used the terms. In essence, supply refers to whether goods and services are readily available on the market, and demand refers to how badly consumers want those products. Just supplying a product does not create demand for it.

If Perry was suggesting that no matter how much coal the industry produces, there will be demand for it, he was clearly mistaken. Of course, demand for coal — or any other item — is not infinite. People will only buy so much of it at a given price, and producers will only be able to sell more if they bring down the price.

If producers in a given industry simply “put the supply out there,” as Perry said, they'll be left with warehouses full of surplus goods. In other words, demand does not follow supply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/06/rick-perry-offered-a-little-economics-lesson-it-didnt-go-so-well/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_wonk-perry-720pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.86e5c1ae4f2c
Here's a lesson for ya

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/us-nonfarm-payrolls-june-2017.html

MAGA

exactly what this post points out, offer proof that conservatism is a con
job and conservatives try to deflect and change the subject. they are
incapable of accepting facts.
thread points out that supply side economics conservatives
pushed for 40 years is a made up concept adopted by mind numbed
robots pushing "alternative facts" - we all know an alternative fact is
just a pretty word for lye.

You don't have even a fundamental understanding of any economic theory.

You offer nothing to this board but the rankings of a nut job. I disagree with most of the things Extragreen says when it comes to economics but I don't mind reading his posts. I disagree whole heartedly with GK on man mad global warming, but he makes very insiteful posts that are good reading even if I disagree. Same with Raoul and Single payer healthcare. I don't like it, I don't want it but he presents his opinions in a way that I at least know he has invested the time to understand what he's talking about and how his opinions were formed.

You and your two other made up aliases you post under after Hillary lost and you became a missing person for 6 months seriously add absolutely nothing to this board but filler. You copy and paste things from ultra left wing blogs and then call conservatives robots of FOX News. You haven't had a free formed thought you have posted since you started posting here.

Is there another election coming up where your candidate can lose so that you will take another 6 month sabbatical? And when you do leave again can you take your boring aliases with you and promise not to create any new ones?

You haven't had a free formed thought you have posted since you started posting here.

That's my biggest problem with him. He's just a spammer to get clicks for liberal newspapers.

Everyone else has at least given a little background on what formed their politics. This guy, nothing. Nothing but copying newspapers and littering it with bold print and weird fonts. Total waste.

VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR BOTH OF YOU.
DONT READ ME DONT REPLY TO ME - USE THE
IGNORE BUTTON - I DO.

You don't have even a fundamental understanding of any economic theory.

You offer nothing to this board but the rankings of a nut job. I disagree with most of the things Extragreen says when it comes to economics but I don't mind reading his posts. I disagree whole heartedly with GK on man mad global warming, but he makes very insiteful posts that are good reading even if I disagree. Same with Raoul and Single payer healthcare. I don't like it, I don't want it but he presents his opinions in a way that I at least know he has invested the time to understand what he's talking about and how his opinions were formed.

You and your two other made up aliases you post under after Hillary lost and you became a missing person for 6 months seriously add absolutely nothing to this board but filler. You copy and paste things from ultra left wing blogs and then call conservatives robots of FOX News. You haven't had a free formed thought you have posted since you started posting here.

Is there another election coming up where your candidate can lose so that you will take another 6 month sabbatical? And when you do leave again can you take your boring aliases with you and promise not to create any new ones?

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

Reactions: ohio herd
VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR BOTH OF YOU.
DONT READ ME DONT REPLY TO ME - USE THE
IGNORE BUTTON - I DO.

The ignore button is for pansies.

If you don't want to tell how you came about your politics, then we can be assured you're just too ashamed of yourself to do it.

6 months in hiding is a solid contributor to that line of thought as well.

Reactions: ohio herd
Dherd has enough understanding to realize that supply does not create demand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT