ADVERTISEMENT

Elmore

I'm not saying it is going to happen but people need to be prepared for Jon to leave as a GT. It's just how things work in today's college basketball world.

If it happens, I hope our fans are gracious about it. Kid did a lot for our program and hes earned the right to do what is best for him.

Chris...that crosses the line for me....NOTHING ever came out of Ohio good for Marshall other than from Wooster.....Mr. Jack L. in 1971....."this would be like Jon joining the foreign forces from Russia." This would be like Jon being a VP for Killery Clinton!

#NOGRACIOUS.......in Charlotte

I'm not saying it is going to happen but people need to be prepared for Jon to leave as a GT. It's just how things work in today's college basketball world.

If it happens, I hope our fans are gracious about it. Kid did a lot for our program and hes earned the right to do what is best for him.

FAKE NEWS CHRIS.
...FAKE NEWS from CNN, Washington POST....NO NO NO NO

HerdZilla22

Don't piss me off, Duke. I picked Duke to win the title in my bracket, so I hold the power to put the whammy on them. You know as well as I do that the defense is picked up dramatically in the final minutes of an NBA game.

You can make the same statement about any game in any sport. I’ll stick with my last post.

Looked like he was doing pretty good Sunday night...WVU is a fast team,and he was hanging tuff all game...Give him some love !!

I watched live.

Did he hang tough, yes he did.

Is he very slow, yes

Is he very weak with the ball in his hands, yes

Reactions: kdbherdon
I watched live.

Did he hang tough, yes he did.

Is he very slow, yes

Is he very weak with the ball in his hands, yes
That`s why in my original post I thought he needed to add some weight/muscle...Can he gain some speed by special training ? I have no knowledge in this field,but he needs some help..Sometimes the mental part could help in getting a faster start on a break,or getting back to defend...Knowing the ball is going in or not,could give him a second or two to get going the other way...

ok then, who are the best Marshall basketball teams ever? can't wait to see this list

The 1971-72 team was ranked as high as #8 and finished #12. That team made the 25-team NCAA tournament, losing a first-round game to SW Louisiana (which later would have its wins in the 1972 and 1973 tourney vacated for near death-penalty type violations). That team included Russell Lee (who was drafted 6th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks, a few spots ahead of Julius Erving - aka Dr. J) and Mike D'Antoni, who would lead MU the following season to the NIT and would be drafted in the 1973 NBA draft by the Kansas City/Omaha Kings (2nd round - 20th overall).

The 1966-67 team was one of 14 teams selected for the NIT (23 teams made the NCAA tournament). That team made it to the NIT final four, losing in the semi-finals to Marquette and in the consolation game to Rutgers.

The following season (67/68) the Herd was again selected for the 14-team tournament (NCAA was still at 23 teams), losing in the opening round.

In 1983-84, MU faced Villanova in the opening round (one year before Villanova's NCAA Championship run that ended with the Cats beating Georgetown in the 1985 finals). There were 53 teams in the field (and this was the last year the tournament would be below 64 teams). Marshall led Villanova 40-33 at half time before going stone-cold in the second half and losing 84-72.

So, there is a decent argument that these four teams are comparable. No way to determine which is "better". No doubt an NCAA tournament win is fantastic - and getting that monkey of the Herd's back is to be celebrated.

Last edited:
damn, you're pretty cool

ok so let's start over - WVU kicked the shit out of your best team ever.....that better?
I would not say this is our bets team ever. First to win a tournament game, but not the best. History would show other wise.

That would be like us saying one of our worst teams beat one your ranked teams. I think we had a team that won 5 games one year and beat wvu when they ranked.

I would not say this is our bets team ever. First to win a tournament game, but not the best. History would show other wise.

That would be like us saying one of our worst teams beat one your ranked teams. I think we had a team that won 5 games one year and beat wvu when they ranked.
well this whole thing started when the mlblack idiot claimed I was afraid Marshall would be "good" again, which is laughable

best of luck to you guys, maybe with a little luck you'll win another tourney game by the year 2049

well this whole thing started when the mlblack idiot claimed I was afraid Marshall would be "good" again, which is laughable

best of luck to you guys, maybe with a little luck you'll win another tourney game by the year 2049

So classy. Typical of you to come onto a Marshall board, run your mouth, and then think we're all supposed to be okay with it.

I thank he will stay! We are going to be loaded next year!

WvuStudent, isn't it spring break at WVU? If so, think you would be better off back home studying for your final exams in, say, bonehead English and remedial math, perhaps. After all, the final exam period is not that far off!

I'll bet if you are really nice, your Mommy might make you a nice jelly sandwich with the crusts cut off of the bread and some vegetable soup with the little letters in it!

Don't forget that Ohio people are arrogant and can't drive!

Wrong... Kentucky people can’t drive... Ohio people just need you to get out of their way, arrogant is Ohio people along with WVU fans and Kentucky fans especially the “mid life” dudes.... you know the 48yo with the flip flops and affliction jean shorts wearin a Kentucky wind breaker pull over and backwards hat, Oakley’s and a huge cheaply done UK tattoo one there leg.........

Test for you, next time you roll up on two cars sitting side by side at a red light, one KY one OH, pick the OH if not you will be stuck for awhile...

ADVERTISEMENT