ADVERTISEMENT

Extra - please advise

Rock98Dog

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 27, 2006
Could you opine as to the potential ramifications of the current yield curve and the likelihood that it will result in similar results to previous occurrences?

Just wanting your uneducated opinion. Thanks.

If it will require too much goggling on your part simply ignore or post a snarky, name calling reply.

I might have to take Ignore Member off Ignore. But, I can guess what his answer will be already.

Reactions: Jartard
I don't, and don't need to know, anything about the yield curve. And if you knew anywhere near as much about economics as you imagine, you wouldn't make stupid remarks like "a $15/hr minimum wage would cause $13 McDonalds Happy Meals. You lying idiot. And double for the lying idiot trumptard and oath breaker.

There’s a 50 percent chance the Ignored member woke up gay today, and a 50 percent chance he/she is hiding it.
^^^^100% probability that Pervtard is still obsessing about other people's genitals.

I don't, and don't need to know, anything about the yield curve. And if you knew anywhere near as much about economics as you imagine, you wouldn't make stupid remarks like "a $15/hr minimum wage would cause $13 McDonalds Happy Meals. You lying idiot. And double for the lying idiot trumptard and oath breaker.
Well, you act like you know everything, enough to know the cause of inflation with no doubt, so I figured you understood yield curves.

So why is the price of a happy meal going up along with the wages of burger flippers

So why is the price of a happy meal going up along with the wages of burger flippers
1. Are you being stupid enough to defend banker's ridiculous statement??
2. Lots of corporations are using inflation to excuse their greed.

"a $15/hr minimum wage would cause $13 McDonalds Happy Meals.
Greedtard brings up a good point. No one who cares about a decent burger eats at McDs.

You certainly cant get a burger and fries at 5 guys for much less than $13. I bought 4 subs at Jersey Mike's the other day with chips and drinks. 1 of the 4 was a kid's sub. Cost me $50. Brands who lack the buying power of McD's are experiencing massive inflation (in part due to labor) and are passing prices on.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Greedtard brings up a good point. No one who cares about a decent burger eats at McDs.

You certainly cant get a burger and fries at 5 guys for much less than $13. I bought 4 subs at Jersey Mike's the other day with chips and drinks. 1 of the 4 was a kid's sub. Cost me $50. Brands who lack the buying power of McD's are experiencing massive inflation (in part due to labor) and are passing prices on.
Don't forget, MANY McDonald's still haven't reopened lobbies (didn't rehire previous staffing levels due to wage expense), and MANY McDonald's that have completely reopened now have self-serve ordering kiosks. These two factors alone prove that they are attempting to cut operational costs as a measure to not increase pricing to the customer. They are trying their best to not have to charge $13 for a Happy Meal, it will eventually get there though, ingredient prices continue to rise, even the shitty ingredients they use!

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Don't forget, MANY McDonald's still haven't reopened lobbies (didn't rehire previous staffing levels due to wage expense), and MANY McDonald's that have completely reopened now have self-serve ordering kiosks. These two factors alone prove that they are attempting to cut operational costs as a measure to not increase pricing to the customer. They are trying their best to not have to charge $13 for a Happy Meal, it will eventually get there though, ingredient prices continue to rise, even the shitty ingredients they use!
LYING IDIOT^^^^

Brands who lack the buying power of McD's are experiencing massive inflation (in part due to labor) and are passing prices on
This can't be?! Our resident accountant, Ignored Member says these corporations can pay a min of at least $15/hr and it won't impact the final product.

Plus, Mush told us in that creepy whisper that these industries will have to pay staff more or else he won't cut back on the govt handouts.

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
disprove my post
McDonald's recorded a net income of approximately 4.73 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. In 2021 McDonald's profit soared 59 percent from a year earlier, to $7.5 billion. <<<< Proof that McDonald's is attempting to cut operational costs as a measure to not increase pricing to the customer. They are trying their best to not have to charge $13 for a Happy Meal.

Like I said. You're a lying idiot.

McDonald's recorded a net income of approximately 4.73 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. In 2021 McDonald's profit soared 59 percent from a year earlier, to $7.5 billion. <<<< Proof that McDonald's is attempting to cut operational costs as a measure to not increase pricing to the customer. They are trying their best to not have to charge $13 for a Happy Meal.

Literally nothing you typed disproves anything in my post. You do realize that cutting operational costs would increase profit, right? What happened to your operational costs when you let all of your employees go at your hobby shop?

Literally nothing you typed disproves anything in my post. You do realize that cutting operational costs would increase profit, right? What happened to your operational costs when you let all of your employees go at your hobby shop?
You idiot. Cutting operational costs in order to make more profit does nothing to keep costs down for customers.

You mean a company made more when their customer base wasn’t forced to stay home?!?! How does that disprove anything you claimed we were lying about

Hey dumb azz, you do realize that all restaurants were closed for a portion of 2020, don’t you? Do you think you make more money when you are open 12 months or 7 months when you have fixed operating costs like insurance and taxes which are the same if you are open or not.

you are simply retarded and I take pity on your soul. Here you go moron:

How does that disprove anything you claimed we were lying about

you do realize
So, when you read that price increases on Big Macs, Chicken McNuggets and other food items helped McDonald’s more than offset sharp rises in food and labor costs and propelled the company’s revenues for 2021 to the highest level since 2016, you understand that to = they are attempting to cut operational costs as a measure to not increase pricing to the customer. They are trying their best NOT TO RAISE PRICES. iDIOTS.

Your problem (one of them) is you can’t process multi-variable issues and always try to place outcomes on only one issue.

Your problem (one of them) is you can’t process multi-variable issues and always try to place outcomes on only one issue.
You and the rest of the conidiot liars have never been able to remove your lips from the posterior of corporate America for a single minute. They've convinced you buffoons that money is free speech, that unrestricted free trade makes America stronger, that unions are bad, that low wages are good, that the more avarice the better, that CEOs of large companies are patriots, that our tax system should always favor the rich, and that removing restrictions to business is key to your personal finances. Now they've convinced you that the problem is inflation, that it was caused by rescuing the economy, and their inability to produce products is the fault of something or somebody else. They've even convinced you that supply can create demand. And if/when they're called out on any of it, their reply is "our responsibility is to shareholders". Take those^^^multi variable issues and stuff them down your throat. Moron.

You idiot. Cutting operational costs in order to make more profit does nothing to keep costs down for customers.
I've yet to call you one name in this thread, yet you still show your true colors.
Cutting a portion of operational costs in preparation of expected increases in other operational costs (the inevitable increase of wage expense) is a responsible move. Sure, it may have added to "profit" in the short term, but as others have tried to explain, there are multiple factors contributing to the gain. Companies are always going to try and maintain a certain level of profit (*companies with shareholders, anyway), it is clear in McDonald's case, they are doing exactly that. They have eliminated portions of their menu, reduced staff, added technology, etc all in the name of maintaining profits without the consumer taking the hit. At some point though, operational cost margins get really thin and the burden will fall on the consumer. Basic understanding of economics.

Shareholders OWN the company. Just like you owned your biz before you decided to cut staff and turn it into a paid hobby for yourself, hick.
I'm not positive that he understands that he was indeed one of those evil shareholders that had to be satisfied with how his business performed?!?!?!?

Shareholders OWN the company. Just like you owned your biz before you decided to cut staff and turn it into a paid hobby for yourself, hick.
First. You're an idiot.
Second. They do not own the company.
Third. You're a lying idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT