ADVERTISEMENT

@extragreen

Hebrews 10:16

"This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the LORD: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

Translation: When science disproves the Bible, blame it on a bad interpretation and change your position after thousands of years. Wash, rinse, repeat.
elaborate, please. i'm genuinely interested in what you perceive as science disproving the bible. i've seen you post regarding the idea that, per the bible, the earth is roughly 6000 years old, and i tend to agree with you and science that indicates the world is much older. on the flip side, there's no scripture in the bible that i'm aware of that indicates an around about date of when the earth and heavans were created.

i've been listening to a podcast break down various interpretations of genesis. apparently, when it comes to the age of the earth per the bible, there's multiple interpretations, one being so-called "young earthers" and the other "old earthers" with old earther's beliefs obviously tending to agree more with science.

after reading and listening, i tend to agree moreso with the old earther idea of thought. it would moreso explain findings of science and how the earth is greater than the ~6,000 year claim of young earthers. i'm aware of no scripture that indicates precisely how long a day was in the beginning.

in addition, i'm unaware of any scripture that depicts precisely how long a year was pre-flood. was a year truly 365 days as it is now? i don't know, i think nobody truly does. the reason i question this is the scripture indicates there were people living to be 700, 800, 900+ years, and they were making babies when they were 100+ years old.

additionally, this podcast points out a couple events in the book of genesis, specifically during "creation week", where the bible got it correct which was later proven by science, when science basically disproved what the scientific world previously believed which was in conflict with what is stated in the bible. i haven't researched those claims and they could be bogus, don't know, but interesting nonetheless.

what other perceptions do you have where science has disproven biblical scripture?

elaborate, please. i'm genuinely interested in what you perceive as science disproving the bible. i've seen you post regarding the idea that, per the bible, the earth is roughly 6000 years old, and i tend to agree with you and science that indicates the world is much older. on the flip side, there's no scripture in the bible that i'm aware of that indicates an around about date of when the earth and heavans were created.

i've been listening to a podcast break down various interpretations of genesis. apparently, when it comes to the age of the earth per the bible, there's multiple interpretations, one being so-called "young earthers" and the other "old earthers" with old earther's beliefs obviously tending to agree more with science.

after reading and listening, i tend to agree moreso with the old earther idea of thought. it would moreso explain findings of science and how the earth is greater than the ~6,000 year claim of young earthers. i'm aware of no scripture that indicates precisely how long a day was in the beginning.

in addition, i'm unaware of any scripture that depicts precisely how long a year was pre-flood. was a year truly 365 days as it is now? i don't know, i think nobody truly does. the reason i question this is the scripture indicates there were people living to be 700, 800, 900+ years, and they were making babies when they were 100+ years old.

additionally, this podcast points out a couple events in the book of genesis, specifically during "creation week", where the bible got it correct which was later proven by science, when science basically disproved what the scientific world previously believed which was in conflict with what is stated in the bible. i haven't researched those claims and they could be bogus, don't know, but interesting nonetheless.

what other perceptions do you have where science has disproven biblical scripture?

In 2000 I was at Mt. St. Helens. Several years later I toured the Creation Museum. The dating of the rocks created by the eruption of Mt. St. Helens was a topic of discussion. I found that interesting.

1 Peter 2:15-16 (English Standard Version)

For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.
Try again bozo

You keep showing that you are an idiot

You lower the IQ of any thread

So greed means idiot, moron and liar?

Wow, you truly are delusional.

You seem to be an angry, malicious and bitter person

We know you are stupid.

While on the topic of your stupidity

Speaking of stupidity

It means you are 2,500% more stupid

are they really that stupid?

simpleton

You can't be this stupid or disingenuous

Too dumb to know how to link a picture?

I guess simpletons such as yourself

you are that stupid
How about you give us a sermon on the subject of hypocrisy.

Hebrews 10:16

"This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the LORD: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."
Try again bozo

You lower the IQ of any thread

So greed means idiot, moron and liar?

Wow, you truly are delusional.

You seem to be an angry, malicious and bitter person

We know you are stupid.

While on the topic of your stupidity

Speaking of stupidity

It means you are 2,500% more stupid

are they really that stupid?

simpleton

You can't be this stupid or disingenuous

Too dumb to know how to link a picture?

I guess simpletons such as yourself

you are that stupid
How about you give us a sermon on the subject of hypocrisy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT