ADVERTISEMENT

FAU @ MU - Let's try this again!

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
So, I will not say we can do this this time. We MUST do this if we are interested in getting the 6th seed. Hopefully we come out with guns blazing…..

I was in Boca for the game down there. We played one of our worst games of the year. We were flat from the opening tip.
Tonight was a 180 degree difference.
When the offense is in rhythm, like it was tonight, shots will fall. Its all about moving the ball. We see it in practice every day. When the ball is moving, we are FAR better than when it isn't.
Although Iran didn't play a lot of minutes, he did a great job of getting the ball back out of the post. He was very effective with the one hand passes. They have worked many hours on that.

Love to see 5 guys in double figures. Kinsey picked up the team with some quick scores in second half. He knows how to create shots. Taylor had good game. Beyers continues to put up points. I agree with above comments that ball movement creates open shots. And player movement without the ball helps keep the defenses off balance. Overall, good win and a sign that MU might make some noise in conference tournament.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
please don't tell me it was on consecutive plays, within 20 seconds of game clock, because it would totally ruin my original post.
Nah, but it was just the one guy on like 5 of them. Two came on successive plays, with Williams tossing the ball into the crowd both times. Then the same dude went to the hole a third time and drew a foul while getting blocked yet again.

I was in Boca for the game down there. We played one of our worst games of the year. We were flat from the opening tip.
Tonight was a 180 degree difference.
When the offense is in rhythm, like it was tonight, shots will fall. Its all about moving the ball. We see it in practice every day. When the ball is moving, we are FAR better than when it isn't.
Although Iran didn't play a lot of minutes, he did a great job of getting the ball back out of the post. He was very effective with the one hand passes. They have worked many hours on that.

I agree Iran is making progress (baby steps).
..but he gets tied up too much bringing the the ball to waist level.

Elementary, Watson...Elementary.

He was not ready for college basketball the moment he stepped foot on campus! Guess thatś why Dan got him.....

HerdZilla22

Taylor is the key to victory for this team... When he is playing well, and last night he was, Marshall's offense runs effectively and guys get good shots (specifically Kinsey). When he struggles, the entire offense struggles.

Taylor is the key to victory for this team... When he is playing well, and last night he was, Marshall's offense runs effectively and guys get good shots (specifically Kinsey). When he struggles, the entire offense struggles.
yep and this is why him not playing until second semester killed the team. I just don't get it. The NCAA seems to be letting everybody and their brother to transfer with no penalty but Taylor never plays a damn game in college but has to sit three full semesters(a year and a half). Still don't get this one. This teams record is much different if he starts from day one

yep and this is why him not playing until second semester killed the team. I just don't get it. The NCAA seems to be letting everybody and their brother to transfer with no penalty but Taylor never plays a damn game in college but has to sit three full semesters(a year and a half). Still don't get this one. This teams record is much different if he starts from day one
5150 - agreed to a point: we would have likely won a few more, but the reality (imo) is that this young squad was always going to be a late bloomer. It has taken a season’s worth of making mistakes, learning what DD wants and then struggling enough to start listening to the coaches. Make no mistake - we are talented enough to make a run! FT shooting like last nites game + a LOT fewer TO’s and we can beat any of CUSA. Can we earn the 6 and get that 1st win in Frisco? I love this time of year!! If we can then a week from now the Herd will be in the quarters vs. #3..... Go Herd!!!!

Reactions: 5150
5150 - agreed to a point: we would have likely won a few more, but the reality (imo) is that this young squad was always going to be a late bloomer. It has taken a season’s worth of making mistakes, learning what DD wants and then struggling enough to start listening to the coaches. Make no mistake - we are talented enough to make a run! FT shooting like last nites game + a LOT fewer TO’s and we can beat any of CUSA. Can we earn the 6 and get that 1st win in Frisco? I love this time of year!! If we can then a week from now the Herd will be in the quarters vs. #3..... Go Herd!!!!
We need to go to UTSA and finish this thing off. A poor showing Saturday is just more inconsistent play and gives me little confidence that there was a lot of growth this year from a team who had a lot of growing potential.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT