ADVERTISEMENT

Florida question

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
Obviously, everybody be safe and football is not that important in the long run.

As of right now, the hurricane has the following games cancelled, and most are unlikely to be made up.

USF-UConn
Arkansas State-Miami (the real one)
Louisiana Monroe - Florida State
Memphis - UCF
Northern Colorado - Florida

with FAU - Wisconsin still on, with Wisconsin paying FAU's expenses for however long they get stuck up there, and FIU - Alcorn State moved, of all places, to UAB.

So, two part question. So this means that 6 group of five teams will only have 11 games to be judged upon, including four teams being short a conference game? And all of these teams, including the 3 P 5 Florida teams, still need 6 wins (which is go 6-5) to get bowl eligable?

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Thats a good question...most of those games are important.
I imagine it depends on the damage of the hurricane regarding makeup games. There's a week or two before bowl season where only Army/Navy play, which is when several teams in Florida could make up their games.
But then again, I don't know.

I would imagine if a game cant be made up for some reason that the NCAA would not punish a team for being hit by s hurricane. My guess would be 5-6 would be bowl eligible for those schools (if for no other reason than to fill the 50 bowl games)... i have heard that the NCAA will consider allowing games to be tacked on to the end of the season in the two weeks between the regular season ending and bowls beginning but thats unconfirmed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT