ADVERTISEMENT

Football Player Transfers In and Out In The Same Semester.

cbca3d6e-df1b-4390-b9e4-112025f7fb86_text.gif

How does a coach build a team under these conditions?
They really can't. At least not consistently. The reality is that it's not just the G5s and bottom P5s. This is a big reason that Saban hung it up. It's a huge mess with no rules. Players hardly have any restrictions and other teams can shop your roster.

I mean yes, but there are rumors that his wife's health has been declining and I think he was a bit burned out. All the players coming up to him directly after the game wanting paychecks and assurances for 2023 made the decision a lot easier.

Some say he helped create this monster, but I doubt anyone that was for NIL in the beginning saw this unfolding. I know I was all for it when it looked like it was just players getting paid outside of football for appearances and endorsements. The spiraling into school bidding wars and roster shopping should have never happened.

If we could educate kids on how important a career is and how to balance a bank account, maybe all this “money” would seem pointless, because it is “unsustainable” income.

Willy Wonka song I WANT IT NOW! Playing in the background…

It needs to just be totally blown up. It's now free agency. Kids can't be held to commitments any longer. You're on a one year deal. leave and retool after every year.

You're on a one year deal. leave and retool after every year.

If you are lucky, the guy above came from us using the portal this semester and he is re-entering the portal the same semester.

Cashier at Wendy’s entered the portal and got a dollar more at sheetz… but lost all vacation opportunities, seniority, advancement opportunity, potential retirement options, health savings opportunities and health care…

if only we could learnt a child sum good lessons…

It needs to just be totally blown up. It's now free agency. Kids can't be held to commitments any longer. You're on a one year deal. leave and retool after every year.
Free Agency has more restrictions than this portal crap does. This portal would be like an NFL free agent signing a deal with the Patriots, cashing the check, and then immediately leaving for Dallas all before the preseason ends.

Or in some cases it allows the program to get a kid to transfer in. Then he isn’t what we thought and we can say that it isn’t Going to work.

I believe, in this case, that is most likely what happened.

It’s a two way street which is good and bad.

It’s time to go back to start rooting for the name on the front of the jersey. We will have a team of the best players we can get to come here, come the fall

Then we get to watch them play and hopefully meet expectations of all

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Or in some cases it allows the program to get a kid to transfer in. Then he isn’t what we thought and we can say that it isn’t Going to work.

It’s time to go back to start rooting for the name on the front of the jersey. We will have a team of the best players we can get to come here, come the fall

So we didn't want a top-200 defensive lineman that we actively recruited less than 8 months ago and told him to go somewhere else?... I know you are in your own world a lot, and I respect that you stick with it, but come on man.

It sounds like the kid thinks he can get a better offer somewhere else and bounced back to the portal to chase said dollar. Such is life of a G5 football program.

There are so many ways to fix this current system and make it better for the programs and the individual players, but there is no one to do it (the NCAA has been totally gutted when it comes to football). So until Congress makes something happen and creates a new system we have what we have. Full-time free agency with no repercussions.

This is the one area where I really do feel bad for Huff and other coaches at G5's and the bottom half of P5's. It's impossible to build anything sustainable when you are adding/losing 40+ players every offseason.

Such is life of a G5 football program.
It's not just the G5. Every program has players jumping in and out of the portal every day. It really is bad for the game. It's even worse for a lot of these players because they're either not going to find a home or forced to settle for a spot that's a worse situation than they were in.

They really can't. At least not consistently. The reality is that it's not just the G5s and bottom P5s. This is a big reason that Saban hung it up. It's a huge mess with no rules. Players hardly have any restrictions and other teams can shop your roster.

Wow. Almost like winning 8-10 games a season isn't so bad...in fact, a measure of a stable program?

When Aaron Perkins struggles to make a major positive spin on this, you know it's bad.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I mean yes, but there are rumors that his wife's health has been declining and I think he was a bit burned out. All the players coming up to him directly after the game wanting paychecks and assurances for 2023 made the decision a lot easier.

Some say he helped create this monster, but I doubt anyone that was for NIL in the beginning saw this unfolding. I know I was all for it when it looked like it was just players getting paid outside of football for appearances and endorsements. The spiraling into school bidding wars and roster shopping should have never happened.

I hope you're joking, because this has been going on well before it was legal.
Programs were in an arms race for facilities, uniforms, and everything but directly paying an athlete...all to entice them to come play.

I believe the issue is the major programs thought their opponents in the conference, didn't have the resources they did.
It was always the major programs who "showed" they could spend but didn't realize how much money the boosters of some less successful programs have.

Plenty of lesser programs have enough resources to overtake Alabama and the other powers.
What I am waiting to see, are the Stanford's and Duke's and other nerdy but extremely rich schools, start tossing their money around. They already do in basketball with some. Imagine Stanford bidding against Alabama for recruits.
They'll run Bama dry.

Unless you're Texas A&M, then you're a Snakebit program and just need to stop.

Saban left because he simply can't rely on players to stay long enough to have consistency in his program.

Frankly, I don't blame him.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT