ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Football schedule released

Maybe they could include some, ANY, information on the two coordinators at the same time.

2018 Schedule

Sept. 1 at Miami (Ohio)

Sept. 8 EASTERN KENTUCKY

Sept. 15 at South Carolina

Sept. 22 NC STATE

Sept. 29 at WKU*

Oct. 6 MIDDLE TENNESSEE*

Oct. 13 at Old Dominion*

Oct. 20 FLORIDA ATLANTIC*

Oct. 27 Bye

Nov. 3 at Southern Miss*

Nov. 10 CHARLOTTE*

Nov. 17 UTSA*

Nov. 24 at FIU*

*Conference USA game

Reactions: HerdFan1971
Looks good. I can see an emotional letdown at ODU after playing WKU and MT back to back weeks. Hope not. Still say nothing worse than 9-3. We play La Tech in the CUSA title game as my early pick.

Looks good. I can see an emotional letdown at ODU after playing WKU and MT back to back weeks. Hope not. Still say nothing worse than 9-3. We play La Tech in the CUSA title game as my early pick.

I dont think MTSU beats us and ODU is a mess.

Maybe they could include some, ANY, information on the two coordinators at the same time.
Just a theory but has it occurred to anyone the reason Marshall has not announced the OC is the head coach at the OC’s former school has asked Doc not to until after the National Signing Day in February? I’m sure said school and head coach doesn’t want to lose recruits at the last second when they find out the OC who may have been their lead recruiter or a kid excited to play in his offense is leaving. We are not the only school in the country this is happening at when it comes to coordinators. As fast as Fuller is concerned, I have no idea why that promotion has not been announced.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
1-4 start? I don't see either of the Directional Kentucky's winning, NCSU is winnable. So. Car may be interesting.

Although it’s not possible, every Thanksgiving Saturday should be an away game. Too many issues working against a good attendance. Players won’t be let down if they play to a low-turnout away game.

Reactions: chuck1069
Although it’s not possible, every Thanksgiving Saturday should be an away game. Too many issues working against a good attendance. Players won’t be let down if they play to a low-turnout away game.

Its low attendance everywhere in CUSA that weekend. Best case is every other year home and away with the away game being driveable for anyone who has the weekend off and wants to go... I personally love Thanksgiving Saturday, and I have gone to the last 6 games that weekend home or away, because it gives me plenty of travel time. A four-day weekend in Florida sounds like a good plan this Thanksgiving!

Reactions: goherd73
Just a theory but has it occurred to anyone the reason Marshall has not announced the OC is the head coach at the OC’s former school has asked Doc not to until after the National Signing Day in February? I’m sure said school and head coach doesn’t want to lose recruits at the last second when they find out the OC who may have been their lead recruiter or a kid excited to play in his offense is leaving. We are not the only school in the country this is happening at when it comes to coordinators. As fast as Fuller is concerned, I have no idea why that promotion has not been announced.

No, that would not be the reason

Hope your right. What do you see for the first five.

@MiamiU we win that one. Doesn't matter if they have a good QB, we have a better team and players, along with depth, it will help us beat them easily...also, we will have 60% of their home crowd...all 10,000 that come.
I will say, we probably will have a slow start...new OC and QB and schemes, also just getting into the groove of the season. But we ultimately prevail. Think USM on their homecoming Cato's senior year.
W

EKU Layup. I like where this game falls. It allows us to correct mistakes from the last game. Its a more intense scrimmage and also allows us to not have to show all our cards for USC while improving what we run smoothly.
W

@USC toughest game for us, IMO. Its in SEC country and USC is gonna need this win. They would just be coming off a likely loss from UGA. However, Muschamps teams seem to bend, a lot, and we could break them, given how Louisiana Tech lost by 1 point AT their house last season. I think we will probably see a similar result from NC state last year, there. Close game, but they pull away.
L

NCSU bit of a toss up. I don't know much about them as fsr as players go. They have a 3 game home series before traveling here. I think that'll be the difference maker. If we lose tonUSC, for sure, we will play better and hopefully their officials stay home. Doc would want a signature home win and this would be a good one for him. This is also where you will see some trick plays out on them for some big gains.
W

@WKU we will win. Their offense doesn't appear to have much creativity and certainly don't seem to be the same team they once were. However, they have a tune up against Ball State and have a bye week after, so they will be a tough one but we win on the road.
W

4-1 in 5 games

Reactions: THUNDER8718
@MiamiU we win that one. Doesn't matter if they have a good QB, we have a better team and players, along with depth, it will help us beat them easily...also, we will have 60% of their home crowd...all 10,000 that come.
I will say, we probably will have a slow start...new OC and QB and schemes, also just getting into the groove of the season. But we ultimately prevail. Think USM on their homecoming Cato's senior year.
W

EKU Layup. I like where this game falls. It allows us to correct mistakes from the last game. Its a more intense scrimmage and also allows us to not have to show all our cards for USC while improving what we run smoothly.
W

@USC toughest game for us, IMO. Its in SEC country and USC is gonna need this win. They would just be coming off a likely loss from UGA. However, Muschamps teams seem to bend, a lot, and we could break them, given how Louisiana Tech lost by 1 point AT their house last season. I think we will probably see a similar result from NC state last year, there. Close game, but they pull away.
L

NCSU bit of a toss up. I don't know much about them as fsr as players go. They have a 3 game home series before traveling here. I think that'll be the difference maker. If we lose tonUSC, for sure, we will play better and hopefully their officials stay home. Doc would want a signature home win and this would be a good one for him. This is also where you will see some trick plays out on them for some big gains.
W

@WKU we will win. Their offense doesn't appear to have much creativity and certainly don't seem to be the same team they once were. However, they have a tune up against Ball State and have a bye week after, so they will be a tough one but we win on the road.
W

4-1 in 5 games

NCST will be much better than you think. Other factors aside, they have some very good players coming back. I actually think beating South Carolina is more likely than NC state. Playing at the Joan is not a factor in this game.

NCST will be much better than you think. Other factors aside, they have some very good players coming back. I actually think beating South Carolina is more likely than NC state. Playing at the Joan is not a factor in this game.
You've lost your damn mind. o_O

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Believe that NC State loses their starting QB and most of their very talented D line. They will be coming off a very tough game against GA; we'll be coming off a game with EKU!!

Believe that NC State loses their starting QB and most of their very talented D line. They will be coming off a very tough game against GA; we'll be coming off a game with EKU!!

I’m a betting man... I’ll be happy to wager that our result against SC is better than our result against NC st

Their QB Ryan Finley actually stayed in school. Their star RB Nhyeim Hines did not, though. He declared for the NFL.

They do return their entire WR corps and another RB (Reggie Gallaspy) who saw a ton of PT. I expect them to be VERY good on offense.

But, and this is a big but - they were decimated by graduation on defense. Their entire front seven (including likely top 10 pick Bradley Chubb) and their top three corners are gone.

Au contraire, Pierre! We will be coming back from taking on the SEC in Columbia SC. Very challenging 2 weeks.....

You can't say The Joan won't be a factor. Not to mention, NC State won't be on the road till they play us.
I'd give MU the edge purely because its at MU.

You can't say The Joan won't be a factor. Not to mention, NC State won't be on the road till they play us.
I'd give MU the edge purely because its at MU.

Road games might be a factor with travel, but if you think an almost full stadium of 30k is going to do anything to hurt NCST you’re crazy. They’ve been to Clemson and Blacksburg. It’s not going to affect them in any way to play at the Joan.

What I’m afraid of is i DO think we go to South Carolina and actually compete well and maybe even win. But if that game ultimately ends up being a heartbreak loss, It might hurt us at home right after that.

Road games might be a factor with travel, but if you think an almost full stadium of 30k is going to do anything to hurt NCST you’re crazy. They’ve been to Clemson and Blacksburg. It’s not going to affect them in any way to play at the Joan.

What I’m afraid of is i DO think we go to South Carolina and actually compete well and maybe even win. But if that game ultimately ends up being a heartbreak loss, It might hurt us at home right after that.
It’s not about how the large home crowd would affect NCST but how it could positively affect the home team. Energy!

Reactions: All4TheHerd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT