ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD G-W

Point being, when your team is playing shitty, it's not always on the coaching staff. Our o-line and qb play is just awful. The coaches can't go out there and block, throw, and catch for them.

Fancher has absolutely horrible throwing mechanics, and WTF with missing that FG?

Win in the books. My that was a horrible game.

Such a boring offense, like watching paint dry. Trickett is trash and should never have been handed the keys when he had zero experience. Huff needs to really think about replacing him before he himself gets replaced. It’s starting to look more and more like Bill Legg ball with 50 million screen passes, pure garbage.

Gotta hope this was just a sloppy game and the W will get this team back on track, let’s win again against ULL and we’re back on track

Reactions: greengeezer
O-line is bad but you can call quick hitting plays to help with that, maybe under center, quick slant, play action hitting a TE fly route.. not just call run up gut and screen passes all day
That would require a different offense. Our offense is a shotgun exclusive that uses WR screens.

I just don’t know how we are so bad at In-game operations.

The football wasn’t much better than the scoreboard videos for the ‘92 title team being unlistenable.

Our defense is stout and can can keep us in every game on the schedule. Unfortunately our offense (outside of KL) is a dumpster fire. 4-8 maybe 5-7

At least Laborn gets 11 days off before Louisiana... If anyone ever deserves some R/R its that kid.

The offense actually looked better with Fancher in the second half. When your offensive line is as bad as ours is right now, having a mobile QB is going to be an asset.

I enjoyed that Fancher picked up a big third down with a tight window throw that led to a touchdown on that drive... So the obvious thing to do was not throw another pass more than 5 yards down field the rest of the game, including multiple completions that lost yards.

Weather had to play a factor in some of the offensive play calling/ amount of rushes missed fg etc. and no I’m not using that as an excuse

Weather had to play a factor in some of the offensive play calling/ amount of rushes missed fg etc. and no I’m not using that as an excuse
Then we are screwed, because the weather is only getting colder/rainier the rest of the year.... Today it wasn't that bad. 53 degrees and just a misty drizzle most of the day.

Our play calling has looked the same the last three weeks, and the last two games were in perfect weather.

I can’t tell you the last time I’ve seen a Marshall O Line this bad.
As a unit, I agree... Not in the last 25 years.

When you watch a football game, you inherently watch the skill players because that's where the ball is, so to have an offensive line that is so glaringly bad we have multiple threads about it says a lot.

As a unit, I agree... Not in the last 25 years.

When you watch a football game, you inherently watch the skill players because that's where the ball is, so to have an offensive line that is so glaringly bad we have multiple threads about it says a lot.
Offense starts with the big boys up front. Without those guys nothing works…..NOTHING.

I don’t think bringing the OL coach back will fix their problems. Need some injections of quick feet
It's got to have something to do with it because ND's DL is a lot better than the last three teams that we've faced and out OL played out of their minds. Forget about BG and Troy. G-W was in the backfield all day long. Gardner freaking Webb. You're telling me that their DL is better than ND?

No there's something systemically wrong with this team. It's not just the OL. That's just what we're really paying attention to.

It's got to have something to do with it because ND's DL is a lot better than the last three teams that we've faced and out OL played out of their minds. Forget about BG and Troy. G-W was in the backfield all day long. Gardner freaking Webb. You're telling me that their DL is better than ND?

No there's something systemically wrong with this team. It's not just the OL. That's just what we're really paying attention to.
Another fight in the parking lot?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT