ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Enabler Ramble

Wait. My posts are personal? Hmmmm, interesting. I have a personal issue currently with one poster and a gambling thing that I dont agree with. Other than that, i dont make things overly personal, or bring up anythign about an individual. Oddly enough, someone did that regarding me, i found it funny, you felt the need to quote it.

But, gotcha sir!!

And in regards to me being pumped to rub somethign in someones face. You realize that what I wanted to brag about was YOUR team winning a football game. Instead, we lost, and you and others are enjoying putting that back into my face.

Good stuff!!
But you do come on here and try to chastise everyone who dares criticize poor play, execution, bad coaching, shitty recruiting, etc.

You really showed your ass prior to last night's game, so what you're seeing is the backlash from people saying I told you so, as you continue to stick your head deeper into the sand.

I know what you mean but at some point you gotta give Aaron Perkins a break. Aaron's religion is Marshall athletics. As a young man he was not athletic, nor tall, nor strong, nor smart. He attended Poca High School. He did not participate in any sport despite Poca High School's decent reputation in High School Sports. A lot of people who follow sports are like this. They couldn't be athlete's themselves so they became super-fans instead. Marshall athletics became Aaron's religion. He didn't have the athletic body, nor did he have the guts, to play football or basketball himself. Aaron is very short (5' 5") and he is not strong, and he has a non-athletic body. Aaron can't even play golf or tennis. Aaron instead worships those who can do on the football field, or basketball court, what he simple can not do himself. A lot of people who are sports follower fanatics are like this. They couldn't be athlete's themselves so they became super-fans instead. Marshall athletics's became Aaron's religion. At least we have some people like Aaron who always go to the games and stand to the very end even though they know a loss is coming. I tip my bottle of ice cold Miller High Life to you Aaron Perkins. More power to you.
Or he shows loyalty to things he loves and appreciates. Wife? Check. Family? Check. Job? Check. Marshall? Check.

If Marshall had thousands of more fans like AP, they’d be in a much better situation.

Or he shows loyalty to things he loves and appreciates. Wife? Check. Family? Check. Job? Check. Marshall? Check.

If Marshall had thousands of more fans like AP, they’d be in a much better situation.
Or, just think if more Marshall fans owned a beach towel, because that's what would be needed to wipe AP's jism off your face and romper.

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
But you do come on here and try to chastise everyone who dares criticize poor play, execution, bad coaching, shitty recruiting, etc.

You really showed your ass prior to last night's game, so what you're seeing is the backlash from people saying I told you so, as you continue to stick your head deeper into the sand.

Thats fine. I can take it, my skin is VERY thick. I did go out on a limb before the game yesterday. Just sad that I had to. But I will venture out there again next Friday!! Have a great weekend!

Reactions: IslandHerd1
Thats fine. I can take it, my skin is VERY thick. I did go out on a limb before the game yesterday. Just sad that I had to. But I will venture out there again next Friday!! Have a great weekend!

Overly thick skin? Is that the cause of you lack of athleticism described above? Does it limit your flexibility or something?

It’s easy to give Aaron a hard time for being an eternal optimist, sure.

Some of y’all really go too far with the disparaging comments.

How much shit do you talk about Marshall and West Virginia weekly? Get out of here with that holier than thou self righteous bullshit.

Thank you. Being passionate about things I love is just who I am. People on here disagreeing with me, knocking on me being short and round, doesn’t bother me. In fact it just makes me more proud!!!!

Go Herd!!

Thank you. Being passionate about things I love is just who I am. People on here disagreeing with me, knocking on me being short and round, doesn’t bother me. In fact it just makes me more proud!!!!

Go Herd!!
He's patronizing you, goofball.

Reactions: Jartard

Or we'd still have Mark Snyder . . .

Best 2 sentences from Perks in this thread:

I FULLY trust our head coach. I dont think he knows how to fail.

Care to walk those lines back this morning, Aaron?
Because failing appears to be the only thing Huff has down pat! And it’s only downhill from here, as we long time Herd fans know all too well……. BOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Stowers never "walks back" anything. He will be back with overly optimistic childlike crapola vis a mediocre and declining Appy State; then criticize the poor live gate and lack of enthusiasm for our titanic struggle with Georgia Southern, not State and then so on. IF, doubtful, we go to a pre-Christmas bowl on ESPN 3 1/2, he will be all puffed up about that as well. Then an off season of talking about how much faith he has in the future, how close we were, how Huff should be given a raise and a lifetime contract, how every recruit and transfer really should be in the SEC, and so on. Along with similar childlike praise of DD and his crew of rejects, never weres, and wanna bes.

Best 2 sentences from Perks in this thread:

I FULLY trust our head coach. I dont think he knows how to fail.

Because failing appears to be the only thing Huff has down pat! And it’s only downhill from here, as we long time Herd fans know all too well……. BOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I’m not going to “walk back” anything over one game in a tenure. This was similar to 2000 at Toledo. We all worship the ground that guy walks on.

Huff deserves a shot to bounce back from one loss where we lost to a team that wasn’t better than us at all.

Umm, the team is 4-4, 3-4 in Division I-A. Career is 20-14, 17-14 in Division I-A.

It is a pattern. A pattern of failure and mediocrity. A pattern that deserves derision and dismissal.

But the childlike super-fans, who demand ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from our football and men's basketball programs, enable those in charge to put forth the minimum effort. Which is what they are doing.

I’m not going to “walk back” anything over one game in a tenure. This was similar to 2000 at Toledo. We all worship the ground that guy walks on.

Huff deserves a shot to bounce back from one loss where we lost to a team that wasn’t better than us at all.
This isn't one game, idiot. We're 4-4 and getting worse each week.

Lost, we got our a$& kicked.

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
How much shit do you talk about Marshall and West Virginia weekly? Get out of here with that holier than thou self righteous bullshit.
How does that have anything to do with this conversation, moron?

My comment was about how AP's fanaticism would greatly help Marshall if we had 1000 more just like him and how he shows the same loyalty and enthusiasm for other things he loves in his life. You tried attempting some sort of "gotcha'" because I talk shit about the state of WV? How does that even remotely make sense?

Yes CCU was better than us, by a long shot. Huff's gonna get a chance to bounce back, I guess. But if the offensive personnel can't block, pass or catch that doesn't likely.
Lost, we got our a$& kicked.
No doubt.
If the defense and/or STs don't score, plus the D being able to pitch a near shutout, that leads to asses being kicked.

@riflearm2 seems knowledgeable and has been in the profession, but also seems indiscriminately mean to everyone. So I am going to approach this like George Costanza ordering soup from the Soup Nazi.

Rifle - Given your experience, what is your opinion of the current state of the coaching staff and program? What do you think is the best available fix given current resources?

AP's fanaticism would greatly help Marshall if we had 1000 more just like him
Perhaps when scientists figure out how to clone humans, Marshall can have Aaron Perkins cloned? All our problems solved. Except winning football games :(

composing-crowd-people-men-clones-equality-expression-identically-H4035F.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
@riflearm2 . . . but also seems indiscriminately mean to everyone.
Thank you for acknowledging my use of equality and fairness. Those are important to me.
Rifle - Given your experience, what is your opinion of the current state of the coaching staff ?

As I have said since day one, I think Huff made many very poor coaching hires. When you do that, you tend to fail either in recruiting or player development. You can live for a year or two off of the recruiting and/or player development of the previous staff, but eventually, the chickens come home to roost.
Based on the first 2.5 years, I think Huff has a B- scorecard, buoyed by numerous big victories.

and program?
I'm less knowledgeable on this, as I haven't watched all games nor do I know many players/their ability, but the overall talent level of the team doesn't seem as strong as the last few years.

What do you think is the best available fix given current resources?

Therein lies a major problem. Huff is only under contract through next season (technically, January 2025). What needs to be done is a staff overhaul. That will impact recruiting but not as much if the head coach has a longer contract. If the HC only has one more season and you overhaul the assistants, it will have a huge disparaging impact on recruiting, which sets you up for even longer failure.

So the administration either needs to extend Huff's contract so the can overhaul his staff and still survive via recruiting or be willing to face dire consequences by not extending.

Reactions: elginherd
Which is why you go ahead and fire him now and get after a new coach. Get your coach picked and in place to be hired. Let that guy start putting his staff and recruiting plan in place so he can hit the ground running the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Which is why you go ahead and fire him now and get after a new coach. Get your coach picked and in place to be hired. Let that guy start putting his staff and recruiting plan in place so he can hit the ground running the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Christ. This is the worst take we’ve seen on here in a while.

How many quality candidates would be interested in a job that just fired their HC after he went 7-6, 9-4, and 4-4 with wins over ND, Virginia Tech, JMU, and App State, considering our history over the past decade?

Reactions: Aaron Perkins

How many quality candidates would be interested in a job that just fired their HC after he went 7-6, 9-4, and 4-4 with wins over ND, Virginia Tech, JMU, and App State, considering our history over the past decade?

I know you probably don't think this way since you hate the area. But MU is a really good G5 job, one of the best. There will be good candidates we just have to find them. We fired coach of the year and had plenty of candidates. It's not like there is 10,000 D1 jobs in the country.

Jeezus, then when the hell can a new head coach be hired? It's not going to be ideal. Our program is in the shitter if you haven't noticed and the cupboards are empty in terms of talent.

Jeezus, then when the hell can a new head coach be hired? It's not going to be ideal.
Uhh, that’s the point. If you aren’t going to terminate, then you need to extend and/or be willing to pay a year or two buyout. That’s the way it works.

if you haven't noticed and the cupboards are empty in terms of talent.
That can’t be true. I was told just last week that Marshall is more talented than Virginia Tech, JMU, and Georgia State.

I know you probably don't think this way since you hate the area. But MU is a really good G5 job, one of the best. There will be good candidates we just have to find them. We fired coach of the year and had plenty of candidates. It's not like there is 10,000 D1 jobs in the country.

It’s not one of the best. It is possibly a top 15-20 G5 job out of the 60 that are out there.

I think the point about what it would look like to prospective hires if we let Huff go is a good one. As I’ve said before, we are starting to get Nebraska vibes.

I do think the biggest Huff weakness (of consequence) is his poor staff hires. I wonder how good his connections are and/or how well thought of he is by peers. I sort of don’t like Huff. He is thin skinned, defensive, and arrogant. But he isn’t a family member. None of that really matters if he wins. His teams play hard. I could probably live with an extension and total staff overhaul provided there was some confidence he could do better on picking a new staff. It’s a tough situation. I bet he moves on voluntarily.

I think the point about what it would look like to prospective hires if we let Huff go is a good one. As I’ve said before, we are starting to get Nebraska vibes.

I do think the biggest Huff weakness (of consequence) is his poor staff hires. I wonder how good his connections are and/or how well thought of he is by peers. I sort of don’t like Huff. He is thin skinned, defensive, and arrogant. But he isn’t a family member. None of that really matters if he wins. His teams play hard. I could probably live with an extension and total staff overhaul provided there was some confidence he could do better on picking a new staff. It’s a tough situation. I bet he moves on voluntarily.
We kept the last two coaches way too long.

Zero candidates get scared off if we fire Huff. He wanted a 4 year deal. Could have had 5.

His agent has been giving him bad advice for years.

“Mutually agree to part ways” is a nice way to say what may happen.

Zero candidates get scared off if we fire Huff.
That's simply not true.

The right candidate would have more than one option. There are plenty of worthy candidates who wouldn't have their agent reach out, would go for other their other options, or would express little interest when they see shenanigans like that play out.

Brent Pry could have had many, many jobs over the last four years. He waited for the right opportunity to come along. Other quality candidates would do the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT