ADVERTISEMENT

Game Friday....

May 29, 2001
First let me say I have the utmost respect for the Marshall football program and Doc. It has been a rough last three years for a lifelong USM fan such as myself. USM football is better this year, but I don't believe it is as far back as some USM fans believe. Coach Monken has surprised me this year with the play of his offense. The defense not so much.

The Eagles face a huge test this Friday. I know how the Herd plays at the Joan. At least I think it will hopefully be a competitive game for the country to view, but I am nervous. Once the Herd gets on a roll at home, they are tough to handle. I hope it is a well played game, injury free and hopefully great weather. Best of luck to the Herd the rest of the season.

Welcome, uSmBacker! I'm personally of the opinion that this is going to be an incredibly close game. If Marshall can limit turnovers, play solid pass D, and show continued progress on offense, I say we take this game.

If we commit too many turnovers, if Mullens can find a lot of holes in our pass D, or if our offense continues to struggle or regresses any, Southern Miss will head back to Hattiesburg with a W.

I agree, I like when Southern Miss is Southern Miss. I just wish we had
Mickey Mouse University in the conference to take out all our frustrations on. Good luck to both schools and Go Herd!

Reactions: Herd-in-ATL
uSmbacker I agree with a previous poster that this game will be close. This is not the same Marshall team of the past couple of years but a team with some talented young players who need experience. Good luck to USM and welcome to HerdNation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT