ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Congressman/ex-CIA officer=Trump manipulated by Putin

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
I guess one is a start...might as well be one with impeccable credentials.

Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A., I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them.

The president’s failure to defend the United States intelligence community’s unanimous conclusions of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and condemn Russian covert counterinfluence campaigns and his standing idle on the world stage while a Russian dictator spouted lies confused many but should concern all Americans. By playing into Vladimir Putin’s hands, the leader of the free world actively participated in a Russian disinformation campaign that legitimized Russian denial and weakened the credibility of the United States to both our friends and foes abroad.

Somehow many Americans have forgotten that Russia is our adversary, not our ally, and the reasons for today’s tensions go back much farther than the 2016 election. For more than a decade, Russia has meddled in elections around the world, supported brutal dictators and invaded sovereign nations — all to the detriment of United States interests. Mitt Romney had it right in 2012 when he told President Barack Obama that Russia was “without question our No. 1 geopolitical foe.”

Our intelligence community has concluded with high confidence that President Putin personally ordered his security services to undertake an influence campaign aimed at undermining confidence in American democracy to sow chaos in our electoral system. Russia’s efforts to hack political organizations and state election boards are well documented, as are the Russian disinformation campaigns on social media platforms.

Russia is an adversary not just of the United States but of freedom-loving people everywhere. Disinformation and chaos is a Russian art form developed during the Soviet era that Russia has now updated using modern tools. The result has been Russian disinformation spreading like a virus throughout the Western world. From elections in Britain, France and Montenegro to invasions of Georgia and Ukraine, Moscow has pursued an aggressive foreign policy aimed at spreading disorder and expanding Russian influence in states formerly under the heel of Soviet Communism. These efforts weaken our allies and strengthen those who seek to undermine the democratic order that has helped prevent another world war in Europe since 1945.

Moreover, the threat of Russian meddling in United States elections is not behind us. Just last week, Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, cautioned that “the warning lights are blinking red” that Russia and other adversaries will undertake further cyberattacks on our digital infrastructure. This includes many of the energy companies in my home district in South and West Texas.

Make no mistake, Russian disinformation campaigns are working.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/opinion/trump-russia-putin-republican-congress.html

Ouch.

I guess one is a start...might as well be one with impeccable credentials.

Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A., I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them.

The president’s failure to defend the United States intelligence community’s unanimous conclusions of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and condemn Russian covert counterinfluence campaigns and his standing idle on the world stage while a Russian dictator spouted lies confused many but should concern all Americans. By playing into Vladimir Putin’s hands, the leader of the free world actively participated in a Russian disinformation campaign that legitimized Russian denial and weakened the credibility of the United States to both our friends and foes abroad.

Somehow many Americans have forgotten that Russia is our adversary, not our ally, and the reasons for today’s tensions go back much farther than the 2016 election. For more than a decade, Russia has meddled in elections around the world, supported brutal dictators and invaded sovereign nations — all to the detriment of United States interests. Mitt Romney had it right in 2012 when he told President Barack Obama that Russia was “without question our No. 1 geopolitical foe.”

Our intelligence community has concluded with high confidence that President Putin personally ordered his security services to undertake an influence campaign aimed at undermining confidence in American democracy to sow chaos in our electoral system. Russia’s efforts to hack political organizations and state election boards are well documented, as are the Russian disinformation campaigns on social media platforms.

Russia is an adversary not just of the United States but of freedom-loving people everywhere. Disinformation and chaos is a Russian art form developed during the Soviet era that Russia has now updated using modern tools. The result has been Russian disinformation spreading like a virus throughout the Western world. From elections in Britain, France and Montenegro to invasions of Georgia and Ukraine, Moscow has pursued an aggressive foreign policy aimed at spreading disorder and expanding Russian influence in states formerly under the heel of Soviet Communism. These efforts weaken our allies and strengthen those who seek to undermine the democratic order that has helped prevent another world war in Europe since 1945.

Moreover, the threat of Russian meddling in United States elections is not behind us. Just last week, Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, cautioned that “the warning lights are blinking red” that Russia and other adversaries will undertake further cyberattacks on our digital infrastructure. This includes many of the energy companies in my home district in South and West Texas.

Make no mistake, Russian disinformation campaigns are working.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/opinion/trump-russia-putin-republican-congress.html

Ouch.

WOW! THE EVEIDENCE OVERWHELMING, THE VOICES OF PATRIOTS ARE BECOMING
DEAFENING. TEAM AMERICA MUST MOVE TO RID ITSELF OF THIS TRAITOR, AND
HIS SUPPORTERS.

Last edited:
A reporter took a photo of the comments Trump's "Would" / "Wouldn't" "walkback" statement while they lay in front of the President. There was a sentence lined through: "Anyone involved in that meddling to justice." In addition to striking those seven words, Trump hand wrote into the statement, "There was no collusion" in another portion of the statement.

Michael Smerconish:
"Clearly, he was supposed to say, 'Anyone involved in that meddling' either 'will be' or 'should be' brought to justice.”

"But he just couldn’t do it. Probably because he doesn’t believe it. His deviation from the script is an admission that he has no desire to see anyone involved in the meddling brought to justice. It’s that simple."

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...mp-russia-speech-helsinki-putin-20180718.html

A reporter took a photo of the comments Trump's "Would" / "Wouldn't" "walkback" statement while they lay in front of the President. There was a sentence lined through: "Anyone involved in that meddling to justice." In addition to striking those seven words, Trump hand wrote into the statement, "There was no collusion" in another portion of the statement.

Michael Smerconish:
"Clearly, he was supposed to say, 'Anyone involved in that meddling' either 'will be' or 'should be' brought to justice.”

"But he just couldn’t do it. Probably because he doesn’t believe it. His deviation from the script is an admission that he has no desire to see anyone involved in the meddling brought to justice. It’s that simple."

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...mp-russia-speech-helsinki-putin-20180718.html

He thinks he is too smart to stick to the script. And that is what is going to eventually burn him.

Reactions: sistersville
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT