ADVERTISEMENT

How bad is Fancher?

Pure trash. We are a 10 win team with an average offense. Can't blame the oline for all these sacks. He has had time tonight and had failed us again.

Reactions: Tim_N_Montana
No he hasn’t had time. Oline has no idea how to switch or read stunts. It’s not all on the line bc columbi is straight trash but they still suck
You're both right. The OL sucks, but Colombi holds the ball and bails on plays almost immediately in some instances.

Is Colombi making the correct checks at the line? Sure everyone has the "check with me crap", but when have you seen a QB have to look to the sidelines twice on the same play?

Some of these sacks are from Colombi just running backwards and sometimes out of bounds.

We are seeing why this guy has never been a starter at this level or been able to keep the starting job when he's been inserted.

Seriously? How bad can he be in practice that he can't beat Colombi out? Either he sucks or Huff is just too stubborn to admit he made a mistake with Colombi.

Stubbornness I believe. He doesn't want to admit he made a mistake with Henry. He went with experience over mobility and athleticism. He's now played somewhat in every game this year. Go with him the rest of the way.

Poor coaching, poor used of the portal. They need to bite the bullet, fire the staff, hire someone with actual HC experience, no more career assistants, and then hit the portal hard for multiple OL, QB, WR and anyone else for that matter. The D is great, can't blame them, everything else is very much like 2016.

Stubbornness I believe. He doesn't want to admit he made a mistake with Henry. He went with experience over mobility and athleticism. He's now played somewhat in every game this year. Go with him the rest of the way.
Agree now. Might as well. 2023 is gonna be about as bad anyway. Build for 2024 - if the staff lasts that long.

Fancher is a great athlete, but he is a one read & scramble QB. He will get his first start next week, but will struggle with disguised coverage & shifts. JMU will just put a spy on him to keep him from running.

as bad as things were it seemed we were clawing our way back into the game until the stupid penalty on special teams occured. It gave them a chance to get 7 more and we lost the ball. How in the world does someone line up over the center huuuuuuuge mistake

as bad as things were it seemed we were clawing our way back into the game until the stupid penalty on special teams occured. It gave them a chance to get 7 more and we lost the ball. How in the world does someone line up over the center huuuuuuuge mistake
They went on to score to take a 10-7 insurmountable ( for our offense) lead, we go three and out after their kickoff and we get off a 30 yard punt giving them the ball on our side of the field and they score again(FG). Our Special Teams were beyond terrible last night, on the missed FG we run a guy out there late.

Reactions: Jartard
1. If you guys dont think he would be doing very well here right now then you are crazy.

2. Regarding some fans, and their comments being the reason..... i dont care what anyone says, and you cant ever get me to believe otherwise, that was 100000 percent the crux of the reason.

Carry on

GO HERD!

1. If you guys dont think he would be doing very well here right now then you are crazy.

2. Regarding some fans, and their comments being the reason..... i dont care what anyone says, and you cant ever get me to believe otherwise, that was 100000 percent the crux of the reason.

Carry on

GO HERD!
Come on man. I was one of the few that supported Wells up to game 5 last year. He wasn’t good…at all and he got worse as the season went on. He had the tools, just couldn’t utilize them.

the best way to get fans off your back??? Perform!! Stop over throwing, under throwing, turning ball over….and most importantly LEAD on the field.

He’s doing at VT what he would be doing here this year if he were here…NOTHING.

I didn't have an opinion on Wells. I do think he would have done better here this year than at VT.
Columbi isn't having the year I was hoping for, but when he laid it out there right before the half, nothing but respect for the kid!! There is no running out of bounds in that kid..

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

Carry on

GO HERD!
Your argument would hold water if he didn’t go somewhere with high expectations like vt. If he goes to Delaware tech sure but not a p5 school with a rabid fan base

Your argument would hold water if he didn’t go somewhere with high expectations like vt. If he goes to Delaware tech sure but not a p5 school with a rabid fan base

It gave him the reason to look elsewhere and go there. He wasnt wanted. Easy to look and leave.

It gave him the reason to look elsewhere and go there. He wasnt wanted. Easy to look and leave.
Hahahahahahahahaha so he left for a school whose fan base would talk more crap and call for him to be benched only 3 games into the season. He all of a sudden got thick skin when he went to Blacksburg.
Do you see how stupid that sounds

Correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't his Dad an Alum of VT?

Don't you think that may have had something to do with it?

Of course it did. But he wouldnt have been looking to bolt if he loved it here. Which he did at first, then SEVERAL people caused him to no longer love it here. And right now, kids can be that way. So we have two options. Run them off, or love em and hope they stay.

Of course it did. But he wouldnt have been looking to bolt if he loved it here. Which he did at first, then SEVERAL people caused him to no longer love it here. And right now, kids can be that way. So we have two options. Run them off, or love em and hope they stay.
You guys should have banned Grant Wells, so that he wouldn't have been able to see mean guys on an internet message board hurting his feelings. Man, you should see what they're saying about him over on the Hokie board.

I never disliked Wells, I always felt he reached his potential his freshman year and went downhill from there.

Reactions: herdfan429

Carry on

GO HERD!
Oh, hell, he ran out of bounds in the bowl game instead of trying to get the first down. Who cares? Not me.

Second, if you don't have a line that can block, it might not matter.

Pick a QB and stick with him. I know its only Huffs second year of being a HC but a 2 qb system rarely works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT