ADVERTISEMENT

Huck's Herd

Always The Herd

Silver Buffalo
Feb 3, 2007
I haven't seen anything in print as to who showed up on Friday and/or Saturday. If you know please post their names and any comments you may have about them.

That's a pretty accurate list. I was with them at the Tip Off Club reception prior to the game. Amendola was the spokesman for the group. He thanked us all for the support back in the day. He also asked us to pray for Skip. His voice actually broke up and he cried when he said that. Very emotional.

That's a pretty accurate list. I was with them at the Tip Off Club reception prior to the game. Amendola was the spokesman for the group. He thanked us all for the support back in the day. He also asked us to pray for Skip. His voice actually broke up and he cried when he said that. Very emotional.

Thanks for the info, Herdmeister. Not surprising to hear about Amendola. I remember before he came to MU, from the Weirton area in WV's northern panhandle, he had been a high scoring player in high school. I also seem to remember that he was a very accomplished student at MU and was supposedly interviewed in the Rhodes Scholar competition. I always wondered what he did in his professional life after Marshall. Was good to see all those who were able to be at the Huck's Herd reunion- - -30 years ago those guys were part of teams who have had the most sustained success in MU basketball for all seasons since!!

Thanks for the info, Herdmeister. Not surprising to hear about Amendola. I remember before he came to MU, from the Weirton area in WV's northern panhandle, he had been a high scoring player in high school. I also seem to remember that he was a very accomplished student at MU and was supposedly interviewed in the Rhodes Scholar competition. I always wondered what he did in his professional life after Marshall. Was good to see all those who were able to be at the Huck's Herd reunion- - -30 years ago those guys were part of teams who have had the most sustained success in MU basketball for all seasons since!!
They joked Saturday that he helped greatly with the team's GPA. He lives in Durham area and I believe he said he was in finance. From the best I can tell he has done very well.

I had many classes with John, great guy and smart cookie. Doesn't surprise me he has done well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT