ADVERTISEMENT

Hype Video

It seems pretty drab for a hype video. It is more of just a highlight video. If I were a player I would not get excited.

First of all, nice job. No real complaints. But if I was to make one...

It's the same complaint I've shared with college coaches for years (long before I knew I'd be raising O-linemen). Where are the OL highlights? And save the "there were none" quip. Seriously, offensive linemen see these vids. too. They should be hyped/recruited with the same enthusiasm as everyone else. Selby and Van Horn had dozens of KOs over their time here. So have others. Hell, I've seen that TD on the goal line against Purdue replayed bunches of times, but did you ever focus on JD for that play. He totally flattened/buried the DL. He should have been arrested for that assault. I've never seen anyone pull that out and make it a highlight. I just think that more attention should be taken to highlight the position. And again, I first brought this up to Ron Vanderlinden back when he was the head coach at Maryland (late 90s, I think) so I'm not just saying this because my sons happened to become O-linemen.

I like hip hop, preferably ole school. The kids are now listening to this form of hip hop is called "trap music." For this video, it should have been on an instrumental version with more than one song. I'm not a fan of it, but hey, if it gets the kids hyped up, then I'm ok.

That ain't trap music. Just a feel good song about enjoying each day and not stressing the worries of life and having a ball while doing what you do.

I like hip hop, preferably ole school. The kids are now listening to this form of hip hop is called "trap music." For this video, it should have been on an instrumental version with more than one song. I'm not a fan of it, but hey, if it gets the kids hyped up, then I'm ok.
Doesnt have guitars a bass and drums it will suck unless its accapella gospel or bluegrass

Why need it at all?

Why do we need a "hype" video at all?

1139913-bigthumbnail.jpg

I feel like our 2017 hype video should just be slow panning shots of the new concourse and team apparel shop, interspersed with shots of Randy Moss just doing random shit: hurdling a defender from Army, CONCOURSE, pretending to moon Packers fans, CONCOURSE, fishing, paying an NFL fine in cash, TEAM APPAREL SHOP, eating crawfish...

I think I'm about 25-30 years removed from enjoying "hype" videos. Sometimes I just watch with the sound turned off. :confused:

I need some feedback! What your guys thoughts?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZij_i…

Not too shabby. Music could be a little more "blood pumping" but it's not that bad.

I think one of the best things about hype videos is when the music goes down as the Herd makes a big play, we hear the the announcer calling the play and the roar of the crowd!

Maybe it's just me, but that gets me all hyped!

Overall, not too bad.

I know how time consuming making these videos can be. Especially if you are trying to sync up beats and lyrics to the clips you show.

The only music I like for hype videos is rap and hip hop, but choose instrumentals at times. Try to keep it clean so everybody can watch.

I usually pick a song that gets me pumped or excited and fit clips to it. I hear a part of a song and say "I could see this being a series of hits" or something like that.

Here are a few that I have done. Feel free to use any videos on my channel as source media. I just want Marshall to spread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT