ADVERTISEMENT

I am DISAPPOINTED that Randy Moss......

CarolinaHerdZilla22

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2015
Charlotte
took a "pop-shot" at MARSHALL UNIVERSITY, while being interviewed after the Pats-Ravens NFL game Monday night on ESPN. Moss stated that "some" members of the 1996 teams were "treated poorly and shame on Marshall's Administration for their lack of respect." Chuck Landon first reported this and now we have a HOUSE DEVIDED in Huntington. I too was vocal on Herd Nation...but since then...I have come to realize.....I was out of line! Period!

I popped off before I knew THE COMPLETE STORY that Chuck ONLY reported bits & pieces to make him look important. Chuck, you are hurting Marshall University's efforts to put a quality product on the field. I bet Page Pitt, Ralph Turner, George Arnold and other Marshall JRN professors are ashamed of your bull shit reporting that is most often not completely factual. I will be telling this to your face if I see you Monday night (Dec. 19), when the HERD honors Lewis D'Antona during the HERD-WV Weslyan game.

Randy, YOU KEEP FAMILY MATTERS IN HOUSE...not to be reported in front of National TV viewers. I doubt Randy, you would have ever shared on National TV.... comments of unrest that may have occured while you played for New England.

Randy, if you are reading this (you know me since you have a Charlotte home & I am a Coach at Charlotte Christian School)......you may have set back Doc's recruiting efforts for years.

Prospects watch & listen to YOU!

You are a Son of Marshall...you know "It's US against everybody" and the common little guy (like me) can make comments of anger on social media. You crossed the line because you are a respected, HIGHLY PAID, NFL analyst...and you turned on your school.

I just wanted you to know we are disappointed in you...a University that gave you a chance when you were at the bottom of your barrell and the HERD coaching staff made a spot for you.

Are you a SON of Marshal--or not?

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

Last edited:
Sure he read this and feels really bad.

Bleeds33......Randy puts on his pants just like you & I. I have the courage to Call Him out on HN. He crossed the line by chastising "the school" that gave him a chance to showcase his talents. He (possibly hurt Doc's & Marshall recruiting efforts) when we ALL know we need all the re-enforcements we can persuade to come to Huntington, after this disappointing season.

To set the record straight that CHUCK did not report.
Over 60 players and guests (1996 team) feasted Friday night in Huntington PAID for by Marshall University. Open Bar & Food Tailgate Party was available to players & their guests before the start of the game (again PAID for by Marshall)...the open bar was shut down because of laibility, as game time approached. I HERD some 1996 players wanted to remain in the parking lot and take advantage of the Open Bar rather than go inside the stadium---to be honored on the field with their undefeated 1996 Sons of Marshall.

CHUCK DID NOT REPORT THIS TIDBIT...did HE? Players were honored on the field prior to kick-off. THERE was seating for players & guests in the Scoreboard endzone...NOT chairbacks...and I support the University on this. Many ex-HERD football players living in or near Huntington are season "paying" ticket holders.

I called a college football official buddy of mine. He said...ONLY a certain number of sideline passes may be awarded to non-players, coaches, staff, trainers, student equipment people, etc. Only a FEW! It is an NCAA rule that anyone on the sideline MUST DISPLAY a visable Side-line pass.

Think back a few years ago when a CUSA Houston football player crashed in the HERD Band Cart...parked in the endzone. Marshall had a law suit brought by both Houston University & the injured player....as was reported by Chuck Landon. Try finding out if this was true...but it was reported by Lord Chuck!

THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE......

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

Why? The truth is what it is and those are HIS teammates so why would he not say what he and the rest of his teammates feel about it. Stop blaming Pruett, Landon, and the 96 team for this whole debacle. Fact is it was Marshall U staff members that opened the door for this whole mess to get started to begin with.

The '96 team members that are complaining are being babies. I'm already tired of this story. Mistakes were made, but those guys need to get a grip.

Reactions: 19MU88
Why? The truth is what it is and those are HIS teammates so why would he not say what he and the rest of his teammates feel about it. Stop blaming Pruett, Landon, and the 96 team for this whole debacle. Fact is it was Marshall U staff members that opened the door for this whole mess to get started to begin with.

Marine03...Because it is not wise for Randy or anyone to announce to the Nation.... matters that "are considered in the House of Marshall." We Are Marshall FAMILY and we keep our problems IN HOUSE. You are a Marine...I am sure you would not announce HOUSE MATTERS all over the World.....ESPN news travels Globe wide. We don't want recruits reading or HERDing about a misunderstanding that happened during the FAU game....getting them to come play in Huntinggton is a tough challenge within itself.

Gary Sweeney (HerdZilla22) in Charlotte

Landon ONLY reports "Bits & Pieces.....NEVER the TRUE factual story......

Marine03...Because it is not wise for Randy or anyone to announce to the Nation.... matters that "are considered in the House of Marshall." We Are Marshall FAMILY and we keep our problems IN HOUSE. You are a Marine...I am sure you would not announce HOUSE MATTERS all over the World.....ESPN news travels Globe wide. We don't want recruits reading or HERDing about a misunderstanding that happened during the FAU game....getting them to come play in Huntinggton is a tough challenge within itself.

Gary Sweeney (HerdZilla22) in Charlotte

Landon ONLY reports "Bits & Pieces.....NEVER the TRUE factual story......

Again it's the responsibility of the MU administration to ensure these things do not happen to begin with and they did not. Randy using a public platform to call them on it is to be expected. If it forces Hamrick and company to change and improve for the 99 reunion then it's words well spoken

Last edited:
"pot shot" not "pop shot"

Seems like Sweeney ( an employee of a "christian" school ) is after everyone...lol

Fire away but take a "pot shot " this time...lol

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
ANOTHER thread on the TRIVIAL issue of this 96 team's sideline access.

It could have been handled better.

Everybody is sorry.

It is TRIVIAL beyond TRIVIAL.

Move on.

Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
yea move on, shittin on fans and players is the norm and someone like litton is a cool guy,,,,until we get a qb we will suck

Not all, but enough.

Done set it up

Settle down, internet tough guy. You want to do it so bad, go ahead. Then when it's done you can regale us with your stories of conquest.

There's something to be said for disagreement vs. ad hominem attacks...especially when it's within the MU community. Relax dude.

Settle down, internet tough guy. You want to do it so bad, go ahead. Then when it's done you can regale us with your stories of conquest.

There's something to be said for disagreement vs. ad hominem attacks...especially when it's within the MU community. Relax dude.

Go play in your safe space, patsy.

It is important to note that Gary'S weeney is NOT an employee of a Christian school. He doesn't coach like he claims. He is the unofficial scorer for a baseball team. Yes, unofficial.

The baseball coach's wife became so irritated with his attempts to constantly sit next to her and talk all game that her husband invited Gary'S weeney to come sit at the end of the dugout.

Another contributing factor is that there are usually many adolescents who sit in the bleachers at games. And ever since the "incident," Gary'S weeney is not supposed to be around prepubescent children without supervision.

I'm going to see if Landon wants to do an article on that.

The courage to call him out on HN? That is the funniest damn thing I have ever read here, almost as funny as you saying you were going to kick riflearm's ass.

Hey Raoul...at this very important time of the year.
..I am usually wishing folks MERRY CHRISTMAS (you know the birthday of JESUS)...for you, I wish you would mind your own damn business and wishing you to BURN in HELL.

Your HERD DADDY

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
Hey Raoul...at this very important time of the year...I am usually wishing folks MERRY CHRISTMAS (you know the birthday of JESUS)...for you, I wish you would mind your own damn bussines and wishing you to BURN in HELL.

Your HERD DADDY

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Completely uncalled for Gary, you totally contradicted what you(and I) profess.

Hey Raoul...at this very important time of the year...I am usually wishing folks MERRY CHRISTMAS (you know the birthday of JESUS)...for you, I wish you would mind your own damn bussines and wishing you to BURN in HELL.

Your HERD DADDY

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

134ku1.jpg

It is important to note that Gary'S weeney is NOT an employee of a Christian school. He doesn't coach like he claims. He is the unofficial scorer for a baseball team. Yes, unofficial.

The baseball coach's wife became so irritated with his attempts to constantly sit next to her and talk all game that her husband invited Gary'S weeney to come sit at the end of the dugout.

Another contributing factor is that there are usually many adolescents who sit in the bleachers at games. And ever since the "incident," Gary'S weeney is not supposed to be around prepubescent children without supervision.

I'm going to see if Landon wants to do an article on that.

Hey alphabet guy
.....I have NEVER claimed to be an EMPLOYEE of Charlotte Christian School. Like MOST of the Coaches at Private Schools (you are too darn dumb--- you would not know this)...over 90 % of the coaches at Charlotte Christian School are VOLUNTEERS. Our football coaches (13)...many are ex-NFL players that have strong Christian backgrounds that use there talents (sports) and love for Jesus to teach young men & women. Same goes for baseball & basketball teams. Nothing more--nothing LESS.

I too fit that mold. I was checked out by the Mecklenburg Co. Police Dept...before being permitted to be an Asst JV Baseball Coach at CCS about 5 years ago. Before my coaching service at Charlotte Christian...I served on the baseball staff at East Meck HS for three years.

You are lower than whale dung to infer I am a pervert. You may think you are funny....Not the case. Your vile words are making you look MORE stupid than you appear....

You are a Dick head.

Gary Sweeney in Charlotte

Maybe MU should apologize rather then sticking their head in the sand on hopes it just goes away

Apologize to who?? You? The Public?

They have already contacted all that complained and offered to hear them out and/or meet in person......Most declined.

Not sure what else they should do.......

Hey alphabet guy.....I have NEVER claimed to be an EMPLOYEE of Charlotte Christian School. Like MOST of the Coaches at Private Schools (you are too darn dumb--- you would not know this)...over 90 % of the coaches at Charlotte Christian School are VOLUNTEERS. Our football coaches (13)...many are ex-NFL players that have strong Christian backgrounds that use there talents (sports) and love for Jesus to teach young men & women. Same goes for baseball & basketball teams. Nothing more--nothing LESS.

I too fit that mold. I was checked out by the Mecklenburg Co. Police Dept...before being permitted to be an Asst JV Baseball Coach at CCS about 5 years ago. Before my coaching service at Charlotte Christian...I served on the baseball staff at East Meck HS for three years.

You are lower than whale dung to infer I am a pervert. You may think you are funny....Not the case. Your vile words are making you look MORE stupid than you appear....

You are a Dick head.

Gary Sweeney in Charlotte

You fit that mold? You just told a guy to burn in hell.

and then called this guy a Dick Head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT