ADVERTISEMENT

I ask this seriously about Trump supporters

It's simply having the honesty to understand that we have a president that is woefully unprepared to represent our country.

Based on what, grammatical standards? He won. He is the president. Like it or not, he's gonna represent our country.

I like it. I love it. I want some more of it.

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
Based on what, grammatical standards? He won. He is the president. Like it or not, he's gonna represent our country.

I like it. I love it. I want some more of it.

I think you two are a lot alike. You are better at words than anyone...I mean...Wharton...very smart...just ask anybody. People tell you all the time you know big words...very large...maybe the biggest. One time...fake news...and you fight this all the time...your uncle...MIT...very smart...said that youre the best...like...greatest talker of all time.

That's how come you like him when he, you know...like...talked about uranium. That little thing called nuclear...and it can be very bad...sometimes good...but very bad. But that's what you're up against...fake news...very bad.

Reactions: C.K. Ocsevol-Evad
Your problem is you offer up no solution. Anybody can say "man, this sucks" and without a viable alternative, all they're doing is whining. It's a common theme of lottery players and lots of other people who feel powerless and helpless.

This president thing is nothing but a figurehead anyhow. You get to live however you want no matter who's in there. I did when Obama was president. I am now. Same with Bush, Clinton, whoever. It's not that big of a deal.

I'm just glad he won, because he represents an America that's not quite ready to go full blown freak show, Mexican and Muslim third world pile of garbage. He represents us dinosaurs who are dying off and will be replaced with softer people who want third world garbage.

We're the last. We better damn well enjoy it. This is it. What it was all for. I think it's great.

Reactions: GreenDuke
This is similar to the homophobic who goes around asking "why do gays have to be so flamboyant and in my face about it?" Those homophobics don't realize that many more people are gay, but their ignorance to it only allows them to see the gays who act flamboyantly.

Obama gave thousands of speeches and interviews. Your few examples are a very small example while ignoring the many higher sample of interviews and speeches where he went "off script." In those, you see how Obama was very articulate and well-spoken.

Hell, you and your kind (Strawman Drew) can't even agree on this. Strawman Drew claims he had a golden tongue and was one of the best orators we have had in office recently.

Obama had to be "scripted". We saw what we would get if he wasn't early on in his presidency. Even when he wasn't reading a teleprompter, the questions he got were softballs when choosing to talk with them. The media that interviewed him were coached on what to ask him too.

Trump rarely reads a teleprompter. I for one think prepared notes are the best when speaking publicly at a more controlled speaking event. He chooses not to. Watching him speak is like watching someone from Queens have a conversation with multiple people.

What's it matter whether I fully agree with Drew or not on this? If we did, you would be whining like a bitch that we always agree with each other no matter what?

I didnt vote but had a good reason. Now since the election trump can do no right. So from now on a democrat must win the presidency. Sure consveratives will whine but wont protest 24/7. At berkley ann colter was not aloud to speak. That place once was a cradle for free speech. Now its a cradle for babies.

Greed, all BS red hat blue hat crap aside, can you honestly not admit that the EO's Trump has signed and overturned have had a big impact (positive) on the economy?

i have yet to see a CEO come on one of the business shows and say, "We are doing X because of Y Obama policy." they ALL talk about how "business friendly" the Trump administration is and they are doing "X" because of his policies.

It's all bullshit. The only thing they care about is tax cuts for huge corporations and the rich. They know Trump can get that passed...Because it's all he really cares about, too. Trump could propose legalizing screwing goats and the big CEOs would say that led to jobs.

Now, I'm all for lower taxes, IF we balance the budget AND everyone understand it will mean a smaller military, fewer services, etc. But we all know this isn't how this is going to work. We'll run up the debt, transfer more wealth to the 1%, and place a larger burden on the poor and working people.

A simple google of "Trump quotes" bring up pages upon pages of articles written by countless legitimate news sources from home and all over the world that are ridiculing our president. This isn't some kind of leftist smear campaign orchestrated by some internet blogger. This isn't fake news. The amount of incoherent, nonsensical, grammatically incorrect, uninformed quotes are staggering. And someone is asking for context? Jesus. In what world would context even matter with the babble spewed by this guy.

Several on here are trying to paint me as some kind of closet liberal that remained silent during the Obama presidency as if to say that Obama somehow performed as poorly as Trump does with his unscripted replies. That is absolute hogwash and if you really believe that there is even a comparison between Obama and Trump in this regard it perfectly validates my oft repeated assertion that subscription to ideology is a blinder to reality. It's the only explanation for the willful blindness exhibited by those who defend our President.

When I started this thread I had one purpose...to express my feelings of how embarrassing this president is with his inability to communicate. It is not an endorsement of liberalism and Obama. I never voted for Obama. I've never voted for a democratic president ever and my voting record goes back to 1976. This is not partisan politics. It's simply having the honesty to understand that we have a president that is woefully unprepared to represent our country.

Great post, GK.

Obama had to be "scripted". We saw what we would get if he wasn't early on in his presidency. Even when he wasn't reading a teleprompter, the questions he got were softballs when choosing to talk with them. The media that interviewed him were coached on what to ask him too.

Obama just moderated a panel on live television. He did it well; was articulate, humorous, and very relaxed. As I said previously, with thousands of speeches and interviews over eight years, you can handpick a few where anyone sounds shaky. Overall, Obama is a great speaker, teleprompter or not (now you have added in "softball questions" as another classifier).

Refusing to acknowledge that there is night-and-day difference between Obama's speaking skills and cheeto's speaking skills is the definition of wearing blinders.

What's it matter whether I fully agree with Drew or not on this? If we did, you would be whining like a bitch that we always agree with each other no matter what?

No, I mock people like Herdman (and you) who refuse to accept cheeto says or does anything wrong. Just like cheeto said about shooting a person on a busy street and not losing any of his fans, you guys do the same on here with his other actions.

It is relevant that you and Drew have completely opposite opinions on this because it shows just how jaded your view is. Your bigotry based on party prohibits you from looking at things rationally.

I remember when this was said about GWB while he was in office. Only for it to be reported after he left that everyone (who actually pays Fed income tax) got a tax cut.

And just as under W, the largest benefits will be to the most wealthy. And the debt will continue to grow. And eventually the cost for such will trickle down to the least wealthy.

You can't use your anti-Democrat talking points with me. I've posted time and again that we can right this ship but it will be painful. Everyone - rich and poor - wants shit for free or cheap. That's not how reality works.

The poor will keep getting it all free. I've given up on kicking them off. Now I would like to see them become content. They've got it all. Just fill out the forms and enjoy the bonanza. Enjoy it.

They're still duped into thinking they're struggling. They're not. It's all free. All fat. All day and all night. All the rest of their lives. Take it, swim in it, celebrate it. It's America's way of saying we're so damn good that we can afford to pay the dumber half of our people to retire.

And just as under W, the largest benefits will be to the most wealthy

Considering "the wealthy" are fitting the largest % of the fed income tax bill now......yeah...they should receive the most impactful benefit of any tax cut that occurs. SS and medicare is a different story. I am for means testing and outright elimination of benefits for the richest of "beneficiary".

Considering "the wealthy" are fitting the largest % of the fed income tax bill now......yeah...they should receive the most impactful benefit of any tax cut that occurs. SS and medicare is a different story. I am for means testing and outright elimination of benefits for the richest of "beneficiary".

You do know I think everyone should pay something in federal taxes. Of course, retailers will never let Congress get rid of the EITC...or Trailer Park Christmas, as we call it here.

On Socal Security, I don't necessarily want means testing. I want to see no cap on income taxed for SS, and all benefits paid at a fixed level. I have read that we could pay all retirees a level at 12% above the poverty line if we simply paid all retirees the same level of benefits. Instead we keep giving some retirees less than the poverty line and others way more. That's silly.

What's the difference, more money for nursing homes or kids to bilk? Old people don't even need money. They don't do anything, don't buy anything, don't want anything.

And yes, it takes one to know one. Hell, it got kind of aggravating for a while thinking about how I had to start wasting some money somehow. You really have to be wasteful to justify going beyond the 10th grade.

53 is about as far as I can get, and I have serious doubts on that. If I do roll snake eyes and live to retire, it's just like I said the nursing home will bilk it. They'll turn a water hose on me, give me a bowl of runny slop and take all my money.

I have read that we could pay all retirees a level at 12% above the poverty line if we simply paid all retirees the same level of benefits

Shit. The poverty line (as well as # in poverty) would just be moved up higher than the 12% increase by the govt economists. Essentially the same result with the total number increases of those "in poverty" every time minimum wage increases since the "War on Poverty" began.

Additionally, SS was never intended to meet the full amount for retirement needs. It was supposed to be a "supplement" to other retirement savings and income. Instead many irresponsible boomers approached it exactly the opposite. SS as a first line of retirement income supplemented with their insufficient personal savings and investment due to their lack of financial discipline.

ADVERTISEMENT