ADVERTISEMENT

I ask this seriously about Trump supporters

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
Do you ever get embarrassed at his inability to express himself coherently? I read some of his responses to things and I cringe. His tweets have a history of misspelling and poor grammar. Shouldn't as the president of the richest country in the world he be able to staff someone to screen his tweets for grammar and spelling? Is he being coached at all on how to respond to the press?

I get embarrassed for him sometimes. The other day he had a joint press conference with the NATO Secretary General. They fielded some questions and the contrast between the two were night and day.

Anyway...how do you defend this? Does talking tough and dropping bombs make it right for you?

I was born & raised on the side of a hill in Southern WV, so I'm fond of the way he acts. Reminds me of the way we talked while sitting around a wide spot having a quart or two of Stroh's. I love results. Results matter. We're seeing them.

Personally, I love hearing our leader talk about kicking ass, and taking names. If it pisses a few Madcows off, then that makes it even funner for me.

Do you ever get embarrassed at his inability to express himself coherently? Shouldn't as the president of the richest country in the world he be able to staff someone to screen his tweets for grammar and spelling? Is he being coached at all on how to respond to the press?
Anyway...how do you defend this? Does talking tough and dropping bombs make it right for you?

No, I don't get embarrassed about it. The real world is not an English class so spelling and grammar aren't that important anymore. If he is being coached, I'm sure he rolls his eyes and tells the little bastards to shut up and bring him his coffee.

Defend it against what, whining liberals? I don't defend it. I just say they had the election won and blew it horrendously, talking about bad coaching. They had Alabama's players and lost to Middle Tennessee. They had millions more people on their team and still lost.

Talking tough and dropping bombs makes it right for me. I'll take that over an apology tour any day.

Reactions: andy4theherd
Doesn't bother me really. Shows he is a normal person and doesn't put up a fake front where everything has to be perfect all the time (ala Hillary).

I mean the guy is a billionaire and one of the most successful people to ever live. Do I wish he was more articulate at time? Sure, but it's way down on my list of priorities. Bush wasn't the most eloquent speaker on earth either.

nobody reads twitter for grammatical accuracy and cohesion. had it not been for this unfiltered and direct line to the people he probably would not have won the election. with that said, he says stuff all the time that makes me shake my head. he gets sidetracked and chases troll bait worse than anyone i've ever seen.

he has been a politician for around 2 years. of course the people he is compared to sound and perform significantly better in front of the camera. most of them have been practicing "politic speak" for decades. i'm more concerned about actions. if i wanted someone to sound Presidential i would have voted for Hillary. when his dumb comments or grammatical mistakes start tanking the economy i'll worry. Obama was one of the best speaking Presidents we've had in a long time. he had a tongue of gold. how did his ability to speak improve the country?

"talking tough and dropping bombs" is the Lib buzz line this week. Trump never authorized "the bomb". General Nicholson signed off on the MOAB. Trump has given his military commanders the authority to "military". our last President fired (or forced to retire) more generals than any other President in recent history. he ignored their advice and was content to drone strike for the next 50 years.

From a Trump speech. Ladies and gentleman, the president of the United States...

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Trump never authorized "the bomb". General Nicholson signed off on the MOAB. Trump has given his military commanders the authority to "military".

Jesus Christ, Drew. Try not to sound like a retard in every post.

You claim that cheeto didn't authorize the bomb. You then state that a general did. You then state that cheeto has authorized his generals that option. That means cheeto is responsible for it and authorized it.

I love results. Results matter. We're seeing them.

Signing executive orders are simply a smokescreen to make ignorant, uneducated voters into thinking results are happening.

Let me know if you would like to take the time to see what cheeto promised he would do, from the most promised to the least promised, and which of those he has kept his word on in the first 100 days.

Hell, even South Korea is now mocking cheeto and laughing at him for being full of hot air with phony promises and words.

Doesn't bother me really. Shows he is a normal person and doesn't put up a fake front where everything has to be perfect all the time (ala Hillary).

I mean the guy is a billionaire and one of the most successful people to ever live. Do I wish he was more articulate at time? Sure, but it's way down on my list of priorities. Bush wasn't the most eloquent speaker on earth either.

This is great. In one paragraph, BC claims that cheeto is "a normal person." Then, in the very next sentence, he claims that cheeto is "one of the most successful people to ever live."

"Doesn't put up a fake front where everything has to be perfect all the time . . . " Tell that to all of the media outlets he would call pretending to be one of his publicists (when it was actually cheeto on the phone) lying and pumping himself up. The guy lies about every single thing in an attempt to hide reality and make it look like he is perfect. Cheeto is the worst example to ever use for BC's descriptions.

Obama was one of the best speaking Presidents we've had in a long time. he had a tongue of gold.

What the fvck is wrong with you people? For 8 years, your kind incessantly mocked Obama for stuttering-and-stammering and claiming he couldn't orate a single sentence without a teleprompter. Now, you claim he had a "tongue of gold" and "was one of the best speaking Presidents [sic] we've had in a long time?"

You morons can't even keep your claims straight for less than six months.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Jesus Christ, Drew. Try not to sound like a retard in every post.

so you go DEFCON 1 defending the psyche of a transgender but are cool with using "retard"? i imagine if any one of us would have called you a "retard" we would get a nice 8 paragraph explanation about why we are all uneducated, racist, rednecks that picked on the "slow" kids in school.

What the fvck is wrong with you people? For 8 years, your kind incessantly mocked Obama for stuttering-and-stammering and claiming he couldn't orate a single sentence without a teleprompter. Now, you claim he had a "tongue of gold" and "was one of the best speaking Presidents [sic] we've had in a long time?"

go ahead and link a post where i said or implied Obama was a poor speaker.

i'll wait...

Indeed. Without a teleprompter Obama was a rambling idiot on the stage. The videos are out there to see.

Funny how, "things were happening" when Obumma was signing countless exec orders. The real problem libs have about these exec orders is that they undo quite a few of the last Pres.

The "tongue of gold" was most likely a tongue and cheek mocking of old crazy joe's surprise that finally the Dems found a "clean, well spoken" candidate.

Reactions: HerdFan76
go ahead and link a post where i said or implied Obama was a poor speaker.

i'll wait...

Does anyone else want to tell Drew that his reading comprehension, once again, is atrocious?

Please note the use of "your kind" in the post you challenged of mine. God damn, Drew. I get sick of having to spend so much time explaining things to you since reading is too difficult for you.

The "tongue of gold" was most likely a tongue and cheek mocking of old crazy joe's surprise that finally the Dems found a "clean, well spoken" candidate.

"Tongue and cheek?" God, I feel like I am dealing with a bunch of 6th graders on here in terms of intelligence. The phrase is "tongue-in-cheek." Do they let you meet with clients or do they hide you from them as much as possible?

And, nope, his comment wasn't tongue-in-cheek (or "tongue and cheek" for those of inferior intellect) which is clearly shown by his challenge of my claim of "your kind."

Does anyone else want to tell Drew that his reading comprehension, once again, is atrocious?

Please note the use of "your kind" in the post you challenged of mine. God damn, Drew. I get sick of having to spend so much time explaining things to you since reading is too difficult for you.

you quoted my post. i'm just using your "implied context" crutch.

you quoted my post. i'm just using your "implied context" crutch.

Oh, Andy. Just like you have exhibited your total lack of understanding what a stawman is, you are now showing you have no idea how "context" is applied.

My use of "your kind" is not and has not been taken out of context. It was interpreted exactly as I intended it to be used. You didn't take it out of context, you simply don't do well with reading comprehension. The use of "your kind" doesn't mean you specifically (further, your challenge can't be proven since the comments were made during Obama's tenure, which posts from that time have been deleted). "Your kind" represents those with similar views of you politically and of similar intelligence levels. Case in point, Raleigh's post. He just proved my point. One of your kind opposed your stance on Obama's speaking ability, just like I claimed many of "your kind" did for 8 years.

i'll assume you are using a 90's era flip phone with a 1" screen. lookup "strawman" and scroll down to the second definition.

almost as fitting as your narcissism diagnosis...

i'll assume you are using a 90's era flip phone with a 1" screen. lookup "strawman" and scroll down to the second definition.

almost as fitting as your narcissism diagnosis...

Nice attempt at switching the topic away from your inability to comprehend "your kind."

Oh, you mean "straw man" (2 words) and not "strawman" (1 word). Yet another example where I am having to educate you on something you are doing incorrectly instead of dealing with the substance of an argument.

Nice attempt at switching the topic away from your inability to comprehend "your kind."

Oh, you mean "straw man" (2 words) and not "strawman" (1 word). Yet another example where I am having to educate you on something you are doing incorrectly instead of dealing with the substance of an argument.
Since you have used this excuse recently I'm going to turn it on you. You know what he meant

Do you ever get embarrassed at his inability to express himself coherently? I read some of his responses to things and I cringe. His tweets have a history of misspelling and poor grammar. Shouldn't as the president of the richest country in the world he be able to staff someone to screen his tweets for grammar and spelling? Is he being coached at all on how to respond to the press?

I get embarrassed for him sometimes. The other day he had a joint press conference with the NATO Secretary General. They fielded some questions and the contrast between the two were night and day.

No, however I do get happy when I see that he has undone another Obama era debacle. I do get excited when he holds a press conference and they announce 1,000's of high paying union jobs coming back to the USA.

http://investorplace.com/2017/01/10-companies-bringing-jobs-back-to-america/#.WPpjxqK1vct

From a Trump speech. Ladies and gentleman, the president of the United States...

I appreciate the old fashioned ways of formality, correctness, and professionalism. Great virtues. Not for a popularity contest in this day and age. More like for dorky and geeky office jobs for people who only care about peanut butter cookies once they hit 30.

No, however I do get happy when I see that he has undone another Obama era debacle. I do get excited when he holds a press conference and they announce 1,000's of high paying union jobs coming back to the USA.

http://investorplace.com/2017/01/10-companies-bringing-jobs-back-to-america/#.WPpjxqK1vct

Tell us the policies enacted by cheetos or Congress since November that resulted in these jobs. And as a reminder, cons dont like high paying jobs, especially union jobs.

Reactions: Dre621

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

I don't know where or in what context this speech was being given but just wondering if you have ever been in a conversation with someone from Queens?

I don't know where or in what context this speech was being given but just wondering if you have ever been in a conversation with someone from Queens?

There's no way you can pass that off as colloquialism. It's okay to subscribe to an ideology, but let's be honest at least. If a liberal candidate said the same thing many of the conservatives would be crucifying it and a large part of the liberals defending it.

Trump is the president of the most powerful country on earth and he struggles to string coherent sentences together. Why some of you defend that is beyond me.

Reactions: Dre621

No, we are paying him to be the executive of the government not a flamboyant speaker. One of the worst and most boring speakers I have ever heard(on multiple occasions) is the CEO of a 2 billion dollar plus company. Guess what? The guy is a genius and just not a great public speaker.

Doesn't bother me at all. Trump gets to the point. We don't need a great speaker. We need a leader.

That's the problem with modern day America. People want things sugar coated and flowery words. That is not reality.

Obama was a great speaker. When he had it written for him and when he had the teleprompter. He really was. However, when he tried to speak directly, like Trump does, he was not that great.

Trump speaks as to what is on his mind or as if he were in the meeting room.

There's no way you can pass that off as colloquialism. It's okay to subscribe to an ideology, but let's be honest at least. If a liberal candidate said the same thing many of the conservatives would be crucifying it and a large part of the liberals defending it.

Trump is the president of the most powerful country on earth and he struggles to string coherent sentences together. Why some of you defend that is beyond me.

You ever seen some of Mattis's quotes or a man like George Patton?

They can be as eloquent as you want and when they want to make a point they talk about ripping your heart out.

Would you call them dumb?

What? Just stick to being a cheerleader and liking any comment opposed to my stance. That is the extent of what you contribute to this board.
You claimed that everyone knew what you meant with your grammatical error. You know exactly what Andy was saying with straw man.

Doesn't bother me at all. Trump gets to the point. We don't need a great speaker. We need a leader.

This is why people laugh at you and say that you will defend cheeto even if he shot your son (basically, what cheeto claimed his supporters would do since they are so dumb).

cheeto does the exact opposite of getting to the point. He can't keep a line of though for more than ten seconds without veering off course and talking about how "great" and "bigly" something is, which then filters into talking about somebody's educational background unrelated to the original topic.

Cheeto gets to the point? Dear God, Herdman. You have turned into the biggest sheep this board has ever seen.

I asked the question because I would like to decide for myself if this was actually a formal or informal speaking engagement. I would like to decide for myself the full context of what he was saying. Where can I locate what you've copy and pasted?

Not that I don't trust you GK, but for someone that sat silent for 8 years when the past president went on "rambling" speeches without a teleprompter and never posted such concern for his lack of eloquence, I think I would like to see the full thing before deciding who is actually being ideological in this thread.

You claimed that everyone knew what you meant with your grammatical error. You know exactly what Andy was saying with straw man.

And they did. Do you not know what the fvck a strawman is, too? I wasn't creating an argument to fight against and attributing it to anyone. I was justifying my typing error compared to those errors your kind makes without having the intelligence of the correct way.

Not that I don't trust you GK, but for someone that sat silent for 8 years when the past president went on "rambling" speeches without a teleprompter and never posted such concern for his lack of eloquence, I think I would like to see the full thing before deciding who is actually being ideological in this thread.

DREW! You better correct Raleigh. He claims the opposite of what you have claimed!

You ever seen some of Mattis's quotes or a man like George Patton?

They can be as eloquent as you want and when they want to make a point they talk about ripping your heart out.

Would you call them dumb?

Patton spoke nothing like I quoted above.. He might of been plain spoken, but he could communicate. Trump isn't being plain spoken...he's being incoherent.

I asked the question because I would like to decide for myself if this was actually a formal or informal speaking engagement. I would like to decide for myself the full context of what he was saying. Where can I locate what you've copy and pasted?

Are you serious?

After eight years of bashing Obama, NOW you want context?

What a hack.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT