ADVERTISEMENT

I called it. I fraking called it. New York is finally going to open

Whataboutism

You commit the same penalties that you go around virtue signaling to everyone on how you don't do it. God, you really are a weak minded liberal sheep.
And you don't commit penalties thru attempting to make an analogy between a BLM protest and an insurrection against the US govt by attacking the Capitol? It's BS and you know it

He didn't tell people to go storm the Capitol. You guys get so far deep into demonizing the man that you start to believe the most absurd make believe statements that come out of Camp Left.
Don't know why you're fighting the fact he planned the protest, assembled the mob..
And, if you're honest, you'll reach the same conclusion as Kevin McCarthy - the President bears responsibility for the riot.

Per usual, anything anti-trump is "camp left". Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

And you don't commit penalties thru attempting to make an analogy between a BLM protest and an insurrection against the US govt by attacking the Capitol? It's BS and you know it

Destruction of innocent business owners' lives and livelihood, murder, burning of public property - to which incident am I referring?

The fact that you can't say for certain means there's not much difference between the two, except Joe Biden and Camela Harris didn't disavow any of this until they started slipping in the polls. That is a fact and the timing cannot be denied. BTW, wasn't Harris calling for people to donate to bail these criminals out of jail? Criminals who committed crime from fvcking jail.

You turn a blind eye to anything you don't want to see. That means you're as dishonest as it gets. Storming the Capitol was insane, and I think it accomplished nothing. All of the damage caused to property and people's lives from BLM was insane and it did not accomplish anything. BOTH movements should have been stamped out as soon as they were occurring with full force and authority.

Don't know why you're fighting the fact he planned the protest, assembled the mob..
And, if you're honest, you'll reach the same conclusion as Kevin McCarthy - the President bears responsibility for the riot.

Per usual, anything anti-trump is "camp left". Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Did Trump at any time tell his supporters to go break into the Capitol? Can he tell them to go protest and stand up for what they believe in? As far as I know it's within his and every other American's rights. You want there to be more out of what he said, but the fact is he never said it.

Reactions: johns1124
Does that justify the attempted insurrection? Sacking the Capitol....with marchers chanting "hang Mike Pence"....with a makeshift gallows erected on Capitol grounds.

i don't think it does. JMHO

Did Trump at any time tell his supporters to go break into the Capitol? Can he tell them to go protest and stand up for what they believe in? As far as I know it's within his and every other American's rights. You want there to be more out of what he said, but the fact is he never said it.
Again...several republican lawmakers have agreed he violated his oath of office and to the constitution. It's not just me.

Typical liberal BS. Never answer the question, especially when you know you can't without exposing your hypocrisy. Your then have to respond with hyperbole by making outlandish stretches and comparisons in a weak attempt to make your point. And when that fails you then resort to name calling.

I guess you had to use Osama bin laden for your example as those of your ilk secretly (or not so secretly) admire Lenin, Stalin, Mao, etc. Dems didn't want the National Guard in their riotous cities this past summer but now we have to have 20k in DC. They never like the military until they are in control. Remember Hillary loathes the military...

You're a trump monkey. "Independent thinker"....bwaaaaahaha!!!!

Reactions: Chevy1
....by Eisenhower
Eisenhower did not get us involved with the French in Indochina. He did allow the US to invest heavily in South Vietnam which improved the country significantly but only made it a target for the communists. This led to the Vietnam War to begin after his terms were over.

Eisenhower also warned us about the industrial military complex and its need for endless wars to thrive. These wars have been perpetuated by every president since with the exception of Donald Trump.

Eisenhower did not get us involved with the French in Indochina. He did allow the US to invest heavily in South Vietnam which improved the country significantly but only made it a target for the communists. This led to the Vietnam War to begin after his terms were over.

Eisenhower also warned us about the industrial military complex and its need for endless wars to thrive. These wars have been perpetuated by every president since with the exception of Donald Trump.
getting ready to happen again, as the banks and neocon concept takes over, we will be right back in it. There is no way around it.

getting ready to happen again, as the banks and neocon concept takes over, we will be right back in it. There is no way around it.
And unfortunately many more nations will likely be involved this go around. We can no longer be the peacekeeper to the world.☹

industrial military complex
You're new here, and dont know the contextual rules around this term, subject/topic:

IMC does not exist, is not a problem, no 2 sh!ts given, until a repub either runs for president, actually wins the office of the president (not likely for several generations), or can be blamed for all historical issues related to the term, subject/topic .

Just thought I would save you some time.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Like you, I was surprised to see the rioter wearing that "camp Auschwitz" t-shirt in the Capitol.

When Nazis, the KKK and white supremacists flock to a leader....it could indicate there could be an issue with their politics?
But here you are lumping 70 + million people that voted for trump with a few thousand at most. Don lemon said basically the exact same thing on cnn. Obviously the gop has a problem with racist dipshits just like the left us a problem with antifa goons yet one side is painted with a broad brush
The proof is there....he called for the protest...he tweeted the need to show up, and he was on the stage telling these guys they need to fight. There's no denying....and to willfully ignore those facts isn't smart.

Please go online and look at a good cross-refences of news reports. You can't just rely on one source to provide a complete picture.
and Bernie sanders made the guy shoot up the gop softball practice

But here you are lumping 70 + million people that voted for trump with a few thousand at most. Don lemon said basically the exact same thing on cnn. Obviously the gop has a problem with racist dipshits just like the left us a problem with antifa goons yet one side is painted with a broad brush

true, but the right condemns these people whereas the left celebrate burning down cities and attacking police etc. by left wing radicals

Actually, what I was saying was Trump supporters perhaps should question why these groups gravitate to Trump. Most candidates would do everything to run those folks off.

Biden made it clear rioters and looters weren't going to be tolerated. So...let's not label all Dems as rolling over for that contingent.

Biden made it clear rioters and looters weren't going to be tolerated. So...let's not label all Dems as rolling over for that contingent.
Was that before or after his VP pick and some of his staffers worked on the bail fund?

Reactions: mlblack16.
You're new here, and dont know the contextual rules around this term, subject/topic:

IMC does not exist, is not a problem, no 2 sh!ts given, until a repub either runs for president, actually wins the office of the president (not likely for several generations), or can be blamed for all historical issues related to the term, subject/topic .

Just thought I would save you some time.
Thanks for the heads up. I use this as mental exercise. Like I never thought someone today would say Eisenhower started then Vietnam War but they did. It got me thinking of France's defeat in Indochina and Eisenhower's farewell warning, neither of which I had thought about in quite some time.

History is fascinating and generally repeats itself but alas so many today don't know history or the context of the times so we are likely doomed to relive the mistakes of the past, and they are many.

Was that before or after his VP pick and some of his staffers worked on the bail fund?
I believe he stated from the beginning. I'm not familiar with the bail fund....but I'm sure it's every bit aggregious as murdering a police officer.

I believe he stated from the beginning. I'm not familiar with the bail fund....but I'm sure it's every bit aggregious as murdering a police officer.
All I have been trying to convey is there are double standards applied by the media which definitely influences public opinion. Had Mike Pence promoted a bail fund for the Capitol protesters like Kamala Harris did during this past summer CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, etc. would have gone apoplectic and you most certainly would have.

I also goes back to the broad brush that was previously mentioned. Not all of the BLM protestors were violent and the media went out of their way to describe the events as mostly peaceful, even with buildings burning in the background. Yet when you have a few act out with violence at the Capitol suddenly the media does a 180 and describes everyone there as an insurgent and any one of the 75 million Trump voters are accomplices.

During the summer the democratic governors and mayors would not call out the National Guard to the cities in crisis. Why? Because it didn't directly affect them. They will likely be reelected regardless. Your business burned? It's ok because that's what insurance is for. But let it potentially affect them and suddenly you have 20k armed NG in DC.

Under Donald Trump's presidency black Americans had unprecedented employment yet Joe Biden says "If you don't vote for me you ain't black". Maxine Waters says she can never forgive blacks who voted for Trump. Why are they entitled to receive 100% of the black vote?

The original Founders envisioned a citizen government. It has evolved into a ruling class with little or no regard for you or me.

I love my God, my family and my nation. I care about what kind of nation my kids will live in. I also care about you as well, that is why I will never resort to name calling or rudeness. I simply and logically try to convey what I believe and challenge people with beliefs different than mine.

Actually, what I was saying was Trump supporters perhaps should question why these groups gravitate to Trump. Most candidates would do everything to run those folks off.

Maybe Biden supports should question why Marxist groups like Antifa gravitate to them

Make it 99.6% peaceful. This one wasn't a Trump supporter. Wonder if we will see this news story on CNN or MSNBC or read it in USA Today???

Reactions: raleighherdfan
All I have been trying to convey is there are Had Mike Pence promoted a bail fund for the Capitol protesters like Kamala Harris did during this past summer CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, etc. would have gone apoplectic and you most certainly would have.
Are a BLM protest and a US Capitol insurrection the same? History will not view the two as comparable IMO. There are no double standards because the two can't be equated as equal.

I'm not sure if folks who committed violent acts were bailed out by the VPs fund. I'm guessing the fund was set up for peaceful protestors. Living in a place that saw more than a few BLM protests...most of the looting was executed by street gangs who used protests as a diversion. They rolled up with vans, broke-in, loaded up the vehicles and drove off..

I'm positive not everyone committed violent acts at the Capitol...but a whole lot did....the vids - most taken by insurrectionists - makes that clear....and very few arrests have been made. These insurrectionists were allowed to break-in and the just go home....no arrests made on site on the day of the event.

Are a BLM protest and a US Capitol insurrection the same?

The intent behind the crime doesn't change the facts that crimes were committed or the punishment or the expectations not to commit them.

You'll never see this for what it truly is, because your bias is immensely blinding your ability to use logic.

You want to punish anyone who supports Trump, that's all. You want to dismiss any wrong doings from your side using the same whataboutism you cry about.

At some point you have to be willing to be honest enough to admit when your side does something wrong. You're clearly not there yet, and I don't think you will ever be.

Reactions: KyMUfan
The intent behind the crime doesn't change the facts that crimes were committed or the punishment or the expectations not to commit them.

You'll never see this for what it truly is, because your bias is immensely blinding your ability to use logic.

You want to punish anyone who supports Trump, that's all. You want to dismiss any wrong doings from your side using the same whataboutism you cry about.

At some point you have to be willing to be honest enough to admit when your side does something wrong. You're clearly not there yet, and I don't think you will ever be.
So intent takes precedence over the crime itself? Therefore, a more willful jaywalker should be prosecuted more vigorously than one who commits manslaughter? Right.

Have I stated violent BLM protesters shouldn't be prosecuted? Hell no. Throw em in jail...that's another really stupid assumption ml. Damn.

I just want to punish anyone that supports Trump...LMFAO!! Good grief...it's your opinion, since this group of insurrectionists were Trump supporters, then me, the MSM, etc all just want to punish them because due to their connection to Trump - has nothing to do with ransacking the Capitol. C'mon man!

So intent takes precedence over the crime itself?

Jeezus, I stopped reading after this sentence. Quit being so stupid. Is that what I said about intent? Read what I said again and then go hit yourself over the head with a tack hammer.

Weird what you choose to be knowledgeable about & what you choose to ignore
Gimme a fn break. I didn't deep dive Kamala's bail fund. I don't know who got bailed out..and who didn't, and I'm pretty sure you don't know either.

What I do know is that it's absolutely not comparable to insurrection and attacking the Capitol....which was my point.

Reactions: extragreen
Gimme a fn break. I didn't deep dive Kamala's bail fund. I don't know who got bailed out..and who didn't, and I'm pretty sure you don't know either.

What I do know is that it's absolutely not comparable to insurrection and attacking the Capitol....which was my point.
Uh, it was all over the news.

Uh, it was all over the news.
LOL....What a weak-assed attempt at "deflection".

So returning to the point... is Kamala's bail out fund an accurate analogy with inciting an insurrection, attacking the Capitol with the objective to stop Congress' constitutional duty to count the electoral vote? Oh yeah, five were dead - one of whom a police officer - and, as more and more info is revealed, there appears to have been plots to kill members of Congress and even the VP.

If were going to persist in these silly deflection attempts ....can we at least move onto another meaningless analogy?

LOL....What a weak-assed attempt at "deflection".

So returning to the point... is Kamala's bail out fund an accurate analogy with inciting an insurrection, attacking the Capitol with the objective to stop Congress' constitutional duty to count the electoral vote? Oh yeah, five were dead - one of whom a police officer - and, as more and more info is revealed, there appears to have been plots to kill members of Congress and even the VP.

If were going to persist in these silly deflection attempts ....can we at least move onto another meaningless analogy?
You appear to be very biased in what you choose to read, believe and convey. And you use hyperbole, projections and exaggerations to justify your position. When you are presented with contradicting information you call it deflections. I have just heard Chris Cuomo tell Don Lemon these accusations were getting out of hand...

So returning to the point... is Kamala's bail out fund an accurate analogy with inciting an insurrection, attacking the Capitol with the objective to stop Congress' constitutional duty to count the electoral vote?
The original point was you accused President Trump of inciting an insurrection at what he likely intended to be a major political rally. Remember he has been filling major venues for over four years with peaceful results.

You incorrectly stated that Biden denounced the "mostly peaceful protests" of the summer when in fact he waited on public opinion polls to see if he should or not. In the meantime his own VP pick was establishing a bail fund for the most violent of the protesters. When asked about that contradiction you plead ignorance. What would your take be if Mike Pence was working today to establish a bail fund the the Capitol protesters that were arrested? And the media's take as well? Though Biden can talk out of both sides of his mouth and the media doesn't call him on it I will do so here.

You appear to be very biased in what you choose to read, believe and convey. And you use hyperbole, projections and exaggerations to justify your position. When you are presented with contradicting information you call it deflections. I have just heard Chris Cuomo tell Don Lemon these accusations were getting out of hand...
Hadn't seen those ..thanks
Hyperbole and exaggerations? really? Assume you're referring to my line "appears to have been plots to kill members of congress and VP". Not really a stretch with rioters chanting "hang Mike Pence" with gallows erected on the Capitol grounds....And the captured horned, shirtless guy was reported to have stated such....but, per the below, it was removed from the charge. Don't know how I could or should be blamed for a Phoenix prosecutor changing the paperwork.

again....more deflection. Has nothing to do with the point discussed. Attempting to make this about me doesn't change the fact that there is no logical comparison between Kamala's bail fund and the insurrection... LMAO!!

BTW, from the AP article you shared:

"backed away from the allegation after the head of the investigation cautioned Friday that the probe is still in its early stages and there was no “direct evidence” of such intentions."

“Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States Government,” a prosecutor wrote in a memo urging the judge to keep Chansley behind bars. But at a hearing for Chansley later in the day in Phoenix, another prosecutor, Todd Allison, struck the line from the memo.

The original point was you accused President Trump of inciting an insurrection at what he likely intended to be a major political rally. Remember he has been filling major venues for over four years with peaceful results.
If you choose not to see him an inciting - that's cool. Who knows? We may see "The United States of America vs Donald Trump" - perhaps a jury will decide his guilt or innocense. But I believe - along with many, many others, including the Republican House minority leader and 10 Republican congressmen - that Trump is responsible.

You incorrectly stated that Biden denounced the "mostly peaceful protests" of the summer when in fact he waited on public opinion polls to see if he should or not.
That's a crock. Just because you say so doesn't mean it's true. Waiting for public opinion polls? You got anything to back that up because I'm not buying it.
his own VP pick was establishing a bail fund for the "most violent" of the protesters. (LOL - please don't accuse my of hyperbole again)
When asked about that contradiction you plead ignorance. What would your take be if Mike Pence was working today to establish a bail fund the the Capitol protesters that were arrested? And the media's take as well? Though Biden can talk out of both sides of his mouth and the media doesn't call him on it I will do so here.
OK...so what? It's a crappy comparison to a violent political insurrection - that's my point (again?)

For the record, there's lots of reasons to despise both sides. But let's not get into this "who's worse?" nonsense when we're talking about an attempt to subvert the constitution through a violent insurrection. It's never happened in US history...and, that being the case, I can't think of any comparison - and certainly not Kamala's bail out fund.

Reactions: extragreen
I think virtually all that can be said here has been said. I remember when I was younger I was told that liberals were the champions of free speech. When I got to college liberal professors wouldn't allow any dissenting opinions or healthy debates in their classrooms. Liberal activists were frequent campus speakers who were given a voice, but if one conservative was scheduled to speak there would be organized protests to cancel the event (I guess this was the original cancel culture). If the event wasn't cancelled these same protesters would storm the auditorium to disrupt and shout down the message. It still happens today.

When the facts aren't on your side you need to resort to censorship,, hyperbole, misrepresentations, exaggerations and outright falsehoods.. While I understand conservatives are generally guided by logic and liberals by emotions, some liberals likely truly believe what they are reading or seeing regardless of the source and/or context, I believe censorship is ultimately about gaining power for the select few, the ruling class so to speak.. And now today we have the Twitter, Facebook, etc. censorship bans. Some champions of free speech...☹

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT