ADVERTISEMENT

I could see me one day not caring about college sports

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
This is NIL stuff is a joke. Can't even keep up wth a roster anymore. And paying these guys all that money? NO pride anymore. Coaches bickering about each other's payrolls. Then a player can just up and leave and go to another school because they offered him new clothes or a 3rd floor room or something. This thing is going to implode. Does recruiting even matter anymore?

Reactions: 19MU88
I’m already there. My interest in college football has been fading for quite some time. I don’t care about any other sport in college whatsoever. The Mountaineers had a chance to win a national title in 2007 and blew it. We will never see another chance in our lifetime, with the way college sports is going now. So why bother wasting my time or money? As far as Marshall is concerned, on minute one of their first practice of the season, they are already eliminated from consideration for a national title. Who could get hyped up for that?

I’m already there. My interest in college football has been fading for quite some time. I don’t care about any other sport in college whatsoever. The Mountaineers had a chance to win a national title in 2007 and blew it. We will never see another chance in our lifetime, with the way college sports is going now. So why bother wasting my time or money? As far as Marshall is concerned, on minute one of their first practice of the season, they are already eliminated from consideration for a national title. Who could get hyped up for that?
Well, used to it was a playing for pride. Getting to a bowl game. Winning a conference championsip or beating a big name team in an upset. Now? Not so sure anymore. The roster could change 10 times between now and fall camp.

I think I read where Texas is paying their offensive linemen 100 grand each or something. Or somebody is. 100 grand in college. Then Jimbo Fisher and Saban going back and forth about that nonsense.

I think one of Marshall's players got a used Mercedes. We can't even get a guy a new car.

The biggest off season shock is that Ali is still our running back.

High School kids are screwed going forward. All the big schools are going to poach top players from other schools. Mid tier schools are going to poach non power 5 and non P5 are going to take guys that have potential but couldn’t get playing time at big schools. Kids under 3 stars, late bloomer types, will have a hard time getting scholarships and will have to walk on.

Reactions: KyMUfan
I don’t blame anyone who drops out but I don’t really think it’ll matter for me. I’ve kind of resigned myself anyway to my two teams not being on the same level, and never being on the same level, as the top dogs anyway. This’ll make that worse, but it is what it is. All the transfers and stuff don’t really bother me, I just tune out during the offseason then when the season comes around check the roster to see what we’ve got.

I’m definitely less obsessed than I was, say, a decade ago, but that’s more to do with me just having less time than NIL or anything.

. I don’t care about any other sport in college whatsoever.
Baseball, softball, and soccer are alright.

None of this stuff makes me less of a fan. I've always thought it should be easier for kids to transfer when the coaches can switch jobs at the drop of hat. And now they are just being honest about paying kids.

Well, used to it was a playing for pride. Getting to a bowl game. Winning a conference championsip or beating a big name team in an upset. Now? Not so sure anymore. The roster could change 10 times between now and fall camp.

I think I read where Texas is paying their offensive linemen 100 grand each or something. Or somebody is. 100 grand in college. Then Jimbo Fisher and Saban going back and forth about that nonsense.

I think one of Marshall's players got a used Mercedes. We can't even get a guy a new car.
This is one time that I agree with you...this buying players to the highest bidder has already Ruined major league baseball and college football is going down the same path...sad and pathetic sports how sports have become.

Reactions: Jartard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT