ADVERTISEMENT

I notice the hoops roster is up on Herdzone!

Most walk on are NOT invited back. Kilgore wanted to concentrate on academics. Bowling wanted to go where he could play. Frampton was told of his chances of playing. He left at mid term but it was mentioned he would not be asked back the next year. He was not nearly as good as Danny had hoped he would be. Way to slow.

Which leads back to my original statement of “not paying too much attention to them.”

It’s just pointless until they solidify themselves into the program aka gaining a scholarship.

facepalm.jpg

Which leads back to my original statement of “not paying too much attention to them.”

It’s just pointless until they solidify themselves into the program aka gaining a scholarship.
as I have said before. They are there to make the scholarship better and it doesn't cost a scholarship. As I also said, Murphy may have a real shot at a scholarship.

I’m not going to get into this again with you. You lost by a wide margin back on Signing Day when the kids you kept claiming to be big misses on Doc’s part ended up without any D1 offers and signing with in-state conference schools .
There is no winning and losing this discussion, but to say that Jalen Hessen didn't deserve at least a walkon offer is a joke.

th

Hooooo boy........I thought extragreen would never relinquish this title, but it looks like Ivan Drago has just been stowered.......Long live the King!!

as I have said before. They are there to make the scholarship better and it doesn't cost a scholarship. As I also said, Murphy may have a real shot at a scholarship.

And I completely understand and agree with you. Like I said, I should’ve been more clear about my definition of impact.

There is no winning and losing this discussion, but to say that Jalen Hessen didn't deserve at least a walkon offer is a joke.

That’s your opinion, and yours alone. One that was not shared by either one of the D1 schools in the state.

Reactions: 19MU88
That’s your opinion, and yours alone. One that was not shared by either one of the D1 schools in the state.
He was a prop and Marshall takes props, all he wanted was a walkon slot(wvu does not take props). Family had Marshall ties, but the thing that had me upset was Doc and his staff had no idea who he was until people started calling around. He has to know who is a prospect and vet them earlier.

Last edited:
He was a prop and Marshall takes props, all he wanted was a walkon slot(wvu does not take props). Family had Marshall ties, but the thing that had me upset was Doc and his staff had no idea who he was until people started calling around. He has to know who is a prospect and vet them earlier.

Again, I’m not getting into this laughing matter.

Obviously they didn’t think he was a prospect good enough for Marshall

Reactions: 19MU88
Most walk on are NOT invited back. Kilgore wanted to concentrate on academics. Bowling wanted to go where he could play. Frampton was told of his chances of playing. He left at mid term but it was mentioned he would not be asked back the next year. He was not nearly as good as Danny had hoped he would be. Way to slow.
Frampton was here as a walk on so we would have a better shot to land his brother...

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Obviously they didn’t think he was a prospect good enough for Marshall
6-2, 265, capt of the AAA all state team, had 19 tackles in the State Championship(against a team loaded with big time talent), won the defensive MVP at an allstar game in florida as a NG(which is hard to do at that position), and started on a basketball team that went states so seems like a walkon is not two much to ask.

6-2, 265, capt of the AAA all state team, had 19 tackles in the State Championship(against a team loaded with big time talent), won the defensive MVP at an allstar game in florida as a NG(which is hard to do at that position), and started on a basketball team that went states so seems like a walkon is not two much to ask.

Doc and Hamrick have to battle with the suits over at Old Main for every non qualifier allowed into the program. I'm not saying this is the case, but being that Hesen was a w/o level recruit who didn't have qualifying grades, they could have determined he wasn't worth the hassle.

Doc and Hamrick have to battle with the suits over at Old Main for every non qualifier allowed into the program. I'm not saying this is the case, but being that Hesen was a w/o level recruit who didn't have qualifying grades, they could have determined he wasn't worth the hassle.
That's good info! The problem I have seen from Docs recruiting is not the props but the kids that have the grades and get into trouble. Maybe they need to check those kids as well.

That's good info! The problem I have seen from Docs recruiting is not the props but the kids that have the grades and get into trouble. Maybe they need to check those kids as well.

It happens at every school, but please continue with your agenda.

Heavy sigh here! One more time, I have degrees from both schools and spent time at both schools. I graduated in 1989 with a degree from Marshall.
Good for you but your screen name is alleers not allherd or anything Marshall related. We know where your loyalties lie and that’s ok but don’t act all high and mighty when you get called out just because you have a degree from both schools

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT