ADVERTISEMENT

If we win the CUSA Tourney

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
If and I mean if, we win the tourney I am curious if some of you will be happy? Will you negative Nellies enjoy going to the dance or just gripe about everything we could have done etc.

If and I mean if, we win the tourney I am curious if some of you will be happy? Will you negative Nellies enjoy going to the dance or just gripe about everything we could have done etc.

There are a couple, known to everyone, that have what seems to be a personal beef with the athletic administration and/or coaching staffs. They have been very quite this week.

Getting a one game shot to the ncaa tourney and a possible upset of wv or ky has me sitting on my hands im so excited

1.Lets see what happens , so far the tournament has been an unexpected but pleasant surprise.

2. - Lets say we win against MTSU , question is will MTSU have enough to also make The Dance or will they get left in the wake and have to settle for the NIT. Thats the big problem with a one bid league...somebody ends up on the outside looking in That would really be a kick in the teeth to MTSU.

So - what say you , should The Herd win CUSA will MTSU make The Dance and ( two part question/request) if MTSU wins gets the auto bid will The Herd have enough to make it to the NIT and play the opening game at home with a 20 and 15 record.

I think MTSU's starting five are better than Ky's. They dont get thatbwould be the biggest rip of all

I think MTSU is in no matter what happens tomorrow. Jerry Palm has them as a 10 seed and Lunardi has them as an 11. Both those spots are pretty safely in.

They're 29-4, have a top 35 RPI and own power Ws over Vandy and Ole Miss. They deserve a bid.

That said, if we beat them and they get left out - oh well!

I would see it as pure luck, given our record and some of the curb stompings we've taken this season, but I would be THRILLED nonetheless.

Reactions: Herd Fever
I'm happy every time they win and sad every time they lose. So yes...

I don't think that 20 wins with no real quality wins would get us in. I do, however, expect to see La Tech get in the NIT.
somne of that I think depends on how many 1 bid league regular season champions lose in conf tourney and end up with auto bid to NIT. Less of those, if we lose got an outside shot.

so if we win tomorrow what seed do we get? I don't think it would be a play in game. not a 16 and not high enough to be a 12 on the other side. 14 maybe?

Have looked at a few possible parings of interest , that being setting up Kentucky to ultimately play Louisville again , North Carolina and Duke one more time. With that being said a game with WVU would be interesting for sure and possibly something the committee would make happen. Just wonder how well Elmore and company would be able to handle the WVU press. LOL , Huggie would have a cow if this happens.

Something to think about for sure , but the bigger issue at this point before everyone gets way ahead of ourselves - defeating MTSU.

Reactions: FanofThunder
I just don't see how we get an NIT bid and I don't think we deserve it. That being said, I am extremely proud of how they have played these last 3 games away from home and this run has made me feel a lot better about the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT