ADVERTISEMENT

If You Have . . .

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Rudolph's nose on the front of your car, reindeer antlers extending from your windows, an elf hat caught in your trunk, or any similar decoration on your vehicle (assuming it's not a golf cart), knock it off.

First, walk your ass out to your garage, remove that shit, and throw it in the garbage. Next, go to the freezer, remove your testicles that your wife has stored there, and attach them back where they belong (and no, "'06's chin" is not the right answer). Then, explain to your wife and children that their fun is over.

Yes, I know you "do it for the kids because they like it." Well, your kids also like having ice cream seven nights a week for dinner, like leaving their toys in the middle of the living room, and like staying up until 10 p.m. That doesn't mean you allow those things.

Animated GIF

I have a firm rule in my home: NO DUMB SHIT ON THE CARS. No bumper stickers, no decorations, nothing. The most allowed is one of the license plates you pay extra for to help a cause, and it better be a fvxking good one.

Related: What is up with the Jeep people and these fvcking ducks? A bunch of rubber ducks on your dash? Bitch, if you are using your Jeep for its intended purpose those ducks are not staying on your dash. Mall crawler douchebags. I kinda want a Wrangler, to do off-road shit with, and I swear to God if I caught someone putting a duck on it there might be a fight...don't touch or put shit on my ride, assholes.

Animated GIF

I have a firm rule in my home: NO DUMB SHIT ON THE CARS. No bumper stickers, no decorations, nothing. The most allowed is one of the license plates you pay extra for to help a cause, and it better be a fvxking good one.

Related: What is up with the Jeep people and these fvcking ducks? A bunch of rubber ducks on your dash? Bitch, if you are using your Jeep for its intended purpose those ducks are not staying on your dash. Mall crawler douchebags. I kinda want a Wrangler, to do off-road shit with, and I swear to God if I caught someone putting a duck on it there might be a fight...don't touch or put shit on my ride, assholes.
Agree on all the above. I don't do stickers, decals, nothing. I simply have a WVU license plate frame and that's the most I'll do. Game days, I'll do the WVU flags if we're going to the game. 4th of July, I throw an American flag on the window holder. But otherwise, I just like the vehicle clean.

My M-I-L bought a new set years ago and brought it over thinking I would put that goofy looking shit on my car because, according to her, my kid would like it.

I didn't even let her entertain the thought any further and shut her down immediately. Luckily my wife had zero interest as well and told her Mom to get rid of it.

I agree, I immediately know what type of person you are by looking at the inside and outside of your vehicle. Have pride in your property and the worst is people who put the "f it" stickers or the "pi$$ on it stickers" on their vehicles.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
i figure @mlblack16. has a set of truck nutz on the back of his subaru brat.

what about christmas lights on houses? when we built 18 years ago, i did cheapo christmas lights the first couple years, but it was a pain in the ass getting up on ladders 20' in the air or getting up on the roof, so said screw that and never have decorated for christmas since.

now, with the lights that are out, i'm considering it. hell, i'm thinking about putting them up as a permanent fixture as they'll do different lighting schemes for the various holidays throughout the year.

only downside is the kids are grown now and it would've been cool to have them when they were younger.

gif-lights.gif

i figure @mlblack16. has a set of truck nutz on the back of his subaru brat.
Quit stalking me, asshole

As for the lights on the house, NGL I do get into it and it's getting worse every year. And those lights you mentioned are expensive AF but raise your outdoor light game to a whole nother level.

Quit stalking me, asshole

As for the lights on the house, NGL I do get into it and it's getting worse every year. And those lights you mentioned are expensive AF but raise your outdoor light game to a whole nother level.
pull the stalk out of your asshole.

yeah, i just looked at them and they're like $380 for 150 ft. maybe i'll order a couple packs and get you and @MichiganHerd to come down and help me put them up.

It's all about execution. I don't like basic, white trash one string of lights, and I don't like overkill. It's gotta be tasteful.

In my hometown there's a really nice house done in all blue LED lights. I'm thinking about doing that next year.
I do old fashioned: pre-lit garland on each window and candaliers on in each window. That's it. Nice and classic. Our 14-foot trees are visible through the front and back windows. We put up 2. My neighbors go all out and have a professional company come in and do theirs and it looks fantastic; but they are, you know, rich. Must be relatives of rifle.

I do old fashioned: pre-lit garland on each window and candaliers on in each window. That's it. Nice and classic. Our 14-foot trees are visible through the front and back windows. We put up 2. My neighbors go all out and have a professional company come in and do theirs and it looks fantastic; but they are, you know, rich. Must be relatives of rifle.
Well there's a clue some people live in a different world, I had no idea there are companies that specialize in that.

It's all about execution. I don't like basic, white trash one string of lights, and I don't like overkill. It's gotta be tasteful.

In my hometown there's a really nice house done in all blue LED lights. I'm thinking about doing that next year.
i was seriously contemplating ordering the LED smart lights but have decided to hold off until next year. i currently have a garage under construction and want to do both of them; the garage still needs log siding, facia, and soffit installed, though, so no point.

guess i could do the house this year and then do the new garage next year . . .

Yes, I know you "do it for the kids because they like it." Well, your kids also like having ice cream seven nights a week for dinner, like leaving their toys in the middle of the living room, and like staying up until 10 p.m. That doesn't mean you allow those things.
But letting them make the decision to cut off their own testicles is perfectly acceptable

Well there's a clue some people live in a different world, I had no idea there are companies that specialize in that.

There is a world of wealth out there I had no clue existed until my wife started doing floral design stuff as a hobby (she doesn't own the business, just loves to work there for fun).

People pay to have their homes "flowered" for parties, football weekends, etc and have custom Christmas/holiday decorations. The wife's team scavenged in the woods, cut holly, make custom Christmas stuff....

But these ?idiot? people will spend $20K plus for this stuff.

It's mainly old rich ladies as you'd imagine, but I didn't know such a thing existed. They'll get a call from *insert rich old whilte lady* like "my friends are coming in from out of town, pleas have the house flowered" and $4k later her house has flowers everywhere.

Another one is private concerts....rifle probably knows, but some of these wealthy people will have fairly well known artists play private shows at their house. Of course you need 4-5 figure flower/event floral team for that too.

13jp6zfpgk5c1.jpg
Agree on all the above. I don't do stickers, decals, nothing. I simply have a WVU license plate frame and that's the most I'll do. Game days, I'll do the WVU flags if we're going to the game. 4th of July, I throw an American flag on the window holder. But otherwise, I just like the vehicle clean.

All over our area of PGH. Several houses in our development have professional Christmas light installations. I think I'm the only one here that cuts his own grass because, you know, not rich.

I see signs all over here for professional installation of lights. They even rent you the lights and displays for the season.

My M-I-L bought a new set years ago and brought it over thinking I would put that goofy looking shit on my car because, according to her, my kid would like it.

I didn't even let her entertain the thought any further and shut her down immediately. Luckily my wife had zero interest as well and told her Mom to get rid of it.
And then you also pile drived the MIL to reinforce your point

I’ve cut lots of lawns. Mine. Other peoples. Free. Paid.

Joy isn’t something I’ve ever once felt doing it. Maybe because when we got the riding mower my dad graduated me to weed eater and push mower in the ditches duty.

We didn't even put up a christmas tree this year. We will be traveling and then you have to take it all down. No decorations so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT