ADVERTISEMENT

I'll go ahead and start one..

Good Deal thanks for clearing my mind for me..:rolleyes:..... now I just wonder could we be better with bee back at defense end... I think so.. why don't we just convert like a third string Olineman, pack on a ton of weight and just Buddha squat right in the middle of the line and let bee rush off the end like he's done for a long time and in my opinion where he is most useful.... don't get me wrong he's playing great in the middle .... but we don't have a good pass rush.... and it hurt us at NC State....

Again, we're 7th in the country in sacks.

Reactions: 19MU88
And we are like 100th in passing yards allowed. we can get 3-4 sacks game and still lose.

hints need a pass rush....

So we are top 10 in sacks but the reason we are 100th in pass defense is because we cant get to the other teams QB... thats some profound stuff right there

Let's remember - Bee is just a soph! Great future & tons of potential. I trust Heater & Co to use their personnel as they see fit. The kid just looks like Jim Thorpe out there between plays! Very intimidating....

Pressure on a QB doesn't always mean a sack.... sometimes when your getting close to a QB he throws it and you missed your chance at a sack, but the result of that is he might throw a bad pass, try to run, get picked off and your getting in his head that your coming for him and his line isn't holding up...

now do I really have to keep watering this down for you all .... just because we are 7th in the nation in sacks ( which is great ) some of those being coverage sacks.... but we are all most last in passing yards given up.... that's sad...
we need Bee back at end, winning awards still and building his NFL stock.... the dudes awesome that's why he can play inside, but I feel we need his experience back at D-end...

Let's remember - Bee is just a soph! Great future & tons of potential. I trust Heater & Co to use their personnel as they see fit. The kid just looks like Jim Thorpe out there between plays! Very intimidating....

I didn't know he was a sophomore..!!!!!!! Well hell then yea I agree he needs to play tackle!!!

Pressure on a QB doesn't always mean a sack.... sometimes when your getting close to a QB he throws it and you missed your chance at a sack, but the result of that is he might throw a bad pass, try to run, get picked off and your getting in his head that your coming for him and his line isn't holding up...

now do I really have to keep watering this down for you all .... just because we are 7th in the nation in sacks ( which is great ) some of those being coverage sacks.... but we are all most last in passing yards given up.... that's sad...
we need Bee back at end, winning awards still and building his NFL stock.... the dudes awesome that's why he can play inside, but I feel we need his experience back at D-end...

So essentially what you are saying is that the only time we get near the qb it results in a sack we never get to the qb otherwise... we have a terrible pass rush but are 7th in the country in sacks, that's what you're saying... incredible

What I'm say is Miami of Ohio passed for season high 298 yards, the 2 sacks equaled -14 yards... wooo

NCState passed for 341 total passing yards, 3TDs and our 2 sacks equaled -9 yards.. woo

And Kent states offense is just horrible, 7 sacks a game is great but not always going to happen... result is -26 yards in sacks..

So again sacks are great but have only erased 49 yards of offense....

Glad we're 7th in sacks but not glad we are 100th in passing yards against us..... NEED MORE PASS RUSH...... !!!!!!!!!

And bill legg still is horrible......

Ryan Bee is a redshirt junior, not a sophomore.

We had twenty.....20....quarterback pressures against Miami (OH).

Your entire point is wrong.

Reactions: 19MU88 and pdbailey
I feel we need his experience back at D-end...

Look at the number of qualified bodies we can put out there at defensive end versus defensive tackle.

Blake Keller
Ty Tyler
Marquis Couch
Damien Dozier
Davon Durant

All those guys have contributed already at DE, and when I say "contributed" I mean produced.

How many guys can you name besides Bee that have contributed on the interior?

NyQuan Harris hasn't played.
Channing Hames has missed two straight games.
Aaron Dopson is a big, strong kid that fills a role, but he's not really a playmaker.
Ty Tyler has done a good job filling in (forced into) while others sit out.
Malik Thompson has played in two games and not recorded a stat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing these guys, but we have NO choice but to play Bee at DT. You're the only person that doesn't seem to understand that.

And like I said before, he's on pace to DESTROY his numbers from last year so there's that too.

Reactions: pdbailey and ToesMU
W-S posted that Ryan Bee looks like “Jim Thorpe”! Man how old are you W-S? Bet a bunch of the young posters on here have no idea who Jim Thorpe is/was. What an analogy!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Why are we like 97th in passing yards against us if everyone is where they should be and we don't need to change anything?

Why are we like 97th in passing yards against us if everyone is where they should be and we don't need to change anything?

Well, to start with, if you're looking at total passing yards then Marshall has played 3 games whereas other teams (ranked ahead of us) have only played one or two games.

It would be hard for Marshall to contend with teams that have played less games. I'd suggest you look at teams that have played 3 games and rank them off that. For the record, Marshall is ranked 87th in passing yards allowed regardless the number of games.

So are we 7th in sacks cause the teams behind us have only played 1-2 games?

87th sorry that's a lot better then 97th ... my bad...

What I'm say is Miami of Ohio passed for season high 298 yards, the 2 sacks equaled -14 yards... wooo

NCState passed for 341 total passing yards, 3TDs and our 2 sacks equaled -9 yards.. woo

And Kent states offense is just horrible, 7 sacks a game is great but not always going to happen... result is -26 yards in sacks..

So again sacks are great but have only erased 49 yards of offense....

Glad we're 7th in sacks but not glad we are 100th in passing yards against us..... NEED MORE PASS RUSH...... !!!!!!!!!

And bill legg still is horrible......

We have a pass rush if we didn't we wouldn't be in the top 10 in sacks how hard is that to understand? As for the reasoning as to why we are so low in passing yards given up I'd guess it has to do with being youthful in the secondary

W-S posted that Ryan Bee looks like “Jim Thorpe”! Man how old are you W-S? Bet a bunch of the young posters on here have no idea who Jim Thorpe is/was. What an analogy!
......bb - too old! I first thought Knute Rockne, but then realized he was known for coaching. JT May have been the best athlete of the 20th celntury. Full blooded Native American, grew up on a reservation. Multi-sport star; he could & did do it all.

Thorpe was elected a charter member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1963, and in 1982 his name was restored to the Olympic record books as a co-winner of the 1912 track events. Proving he still loomed large in the American consciousness, he was voted the previous century's greatest athlete in a 2000 ABC Sports poll, and finished third in another ballot conducted by the Associated Press.

W-S I’m with you. I know who JT was. My point was there are probably a lot of younger posters (don’t be surprised) who do not know who JT was. Just saying.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT