ADVERTISEMENT

Immigration Stats

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Some really eye-opening immigration stats in this article. I am shocked that there are fewer Mexican immigrants in the U.S. today than a decade ago. I am shocked that WV has the lowest percentage of immigrant population in the country. So your spot as the shittiest state in the country isn't due to immigrants. Maybe you should start importing Salvadorans, Haitians, and Guatemalans into your state to improve it.

So even though WV has areas fairly close to major immigration areas (DC, Cincinnati, Virginia), the immigrants don't bother coming to your shithole. As a percentage of population, they'd rather go all of the way up too the arctic areas of the Dakotas instead of your shithole.

Last edited:
A person with a rather high level of intelligence, like myself, could probably say the lack of immigrants coming to West Virginia is extremely low due to the lack of jobs today's immigrants tend to do. Those are farm jobs, manufacturing low cost labor jobs, and landscaping/contractor helper type jobs.

On the other hand, when coal started becoming king many decades ago, you saw a huge amount of immigrants coming in to West Virginia. Of course, those were mostly European immigrants looking for higher paid jobs.

could probably say the lack of immigrants coming to West Virginia is extremely low due to the lack of jobs today's immigrants tend to do. Those are farm jobs, manufacturing low cost labor jobs, and landscaping/contractor helper type jobs.

And restaurant jobs. And considering the overwhelming obesity of the fatasses in WV, there should be plenty of restaurant jobs for those immigrants. But they'd rather go to the Dakotas or stay in Honduras instead of going to a worse shithole.

On the other hand, when coal started becoming king many decades ago, you saw a huge amount of immigrants coming in to West Virginia. Of course, those were mostly European immigrants looking for higher paid jobs.
So the white immigrants ran your state into the ground, yet it's the black and brown immigrants that you Trumpers despise?

And restaurant jobs. And considering the overwhelming obesity of the fatasses in WV, there should be plenty of restaurant jobs for those immigrants. But they'd rather go to the Dakotas or stay in Honduras instead of going to a worse shithole.

So the white immigrants ran your state into the ground, yet it's the black and brown immigrants that you Trumpers despise?
The pure white trash kids work most of the low paying restaurant jobs. The better looking ones choose to work at Hooters.

Can't debate your 2nd paragraph, other than answer the question posed, which would be yes.

Would you rather walk down 16th Street in Huntington or Kensington Ave in Philly? What about Vine Street in Cincy? How about half the downtown of San Francisco or Portland?

Someone from New York should not be criticizing anyone from West Virginia.

Would you rather walk down 16th Street in Huntington or Kensington Ave in Philly? What about Vine Street in Cincy? How about half the downtown of San Francisco or Portland?
I made a wrong turn down Vine around 1999 or 2000 after a concert at ?Bogarts?

My God. It looked like the apocalypse. I had never seen anything like that. Prostitution everywhere, people walking the streets waving guns around. Never been so terrified.

They’ve cleaned it up a lot now but man back then….

Exactly. Or St. Louis, Gary IN, Dayton, OH, Detroit, MI. I'll take Huntington over those shit holes any day.

Exactly. Or St. Louis, Gary IN, Dayton, OH, Detroit, MI. I'll take Huntington over those shit holes any day.
With the exception of Gary, all of those other places (including San Francisco, Philly, Portland, and Cinci) are substantially better than Huntington.

With the exception of Gary, all of those other places (including San Francisco, Philly, Portland, and Cinci) are substantially better than Huntington.

Those cities all have nicer areas, and areas that are magnitudes worse, than Huntington.

The problem with their nicer areas is they are now being raided by the residents of the bad areas. Look at Chicago the last several days or the murders in San Fran of wealthy folks in high end areas.

Reactions: 19MU88
Those cities all have nicer areas, and areas that are magnitudes worse, than Huntington.

The problem with their nicer areas is they are now being raided by the residents of the bad areas. Look at Chicago the last several days or the murders in San Fran of wealthy folks in high end areas.

You can't compare the nicer areas of San Fran/Chicago with Huntington, because Huntington has no nicer areas.

You can't compare the nicer areas of San Fran/Chicago with Huntington, because Huntington has no nicer areas.
St Louis is one of the most dangerous cities in the world according to the Citizens’ Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice. it comes in at #7.

the-most-dangerous-cities-01.png

St Louis is one of the most dangerous cities in the world according to the Citizens’ Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice. it comes in at #7.
Yep. St. Louis, Memphis, Little Rock, Detroit, New Orleans, and Baltimore are usually at or near the top in violent crime each year. But all of those cities, outside of possibly Little Rock, have some redeeming qualities about them that help offset some of the crime. Huntington? Even our love of Marshall doesn't offset the shit that comes with the city and it having no other redeeming value.

I go over this probably every year or two on here. Check out Chicago's violent crime rate and where it ranks among cities. As I have repeatedly shown, it is way down the list behind numerous cities in Republican controlled states, yet you deplorables constantly try to use Chicago as your argument.

Jacksonville, FL is also one of the worst out there in the U.S. for a city its size, as far as violent crime rates go. That place has been run by Rethuglicans from City Hall (and also by Pudding Fingers at the Governor's Mansion in Tallahassee) for years.

So a Republican controlled state has the worst city in terms of murder in the US.
Who runs the city ? Rifle was saying how much better St Louis was than Huntington. Just pointing out it ranks up there as bad.

Last edited:
Jacksonville, FL is also one of the worst out there in the U.S. for a city its size, as far as violent crime rates go. That place has been run by Rethuglicans from City Hall (and also by Pudding Fingers at the Governor's Mansion in Tallahassee) for years.
Shall we talk about Chicago?

Who knew that states controlled your local police and sheriff’s depts??? Talk about revelation.

I’m not sure “big cities have crime” is as revelatory as you think it is.
Of course it doesn’t. Because Repubs don’t control most of those big cities.

Reactions: 19MU88
All depends what one looks for in a place or area to live. I've been to all mentioned.
Certainly a very personal decision.
I know two clinicians in SF that moved last year due to the crime, homeless/drug issues and dirty city. Driving from STL airport to downtown is one of the most depressing drives I have ever made. The town is nasty, downtown dead for the most part.
Portland has changed greatly in the last 4-5 years, and not for the better. jmo.

Again, Huntington has a bunch of warts, no question; and many wouldn't want to live here. But it does have some positives; plus if family/kids are here, that's hard to leave. Yeah, in a dream world, I'd leave and locate somewhere else.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT