ADVERTISEMENT

In case any has missed it. Cam Newton is

“Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser,” Newton said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer. “If I offended anyone, that’s cool … I don’t have to conform to anybody’s wants for me. I’m not that guy. This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person.”

“I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was — it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”

“Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser,” Newton said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer. “If I offended anyone, that’s cool … I don’t have to conform to anybody’s wants for me. I’m not that guy. This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person.”

“I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was — it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”
Cam shouldn't have left that press conference like he did. There's no excuse. He's been running his mouth for a while now - Americans like athletes who are confident but not overly braggadocio. You cross that line & make statements like, "there's no band-aids for hurt feelings", wear a Superman t-shirt around, & name your son "Chosen" you better be able to handle it when things don't go your way, cause if there's one thing fans like to do, it's pour it on when an asshole gets his due.

Cam made a business decision not diving on that ball. And it didn't cost them the game. If you want to know why the Panthers got beat, the Bronco's DB Chris Harris can help answer that. Just make sure Cam isn't within earshot.

Reactions: HerdFan73
The Panthers had a great 2015. The media celebrated every bit of it with hum showing all his celebrations. He is simply a spoiled brat like we see so much of. He can dish it out but can't take it. I am sorry Cliff Harris hurt his feelings. If you don't want your feelings hurt then play better.

We discern too much from too little. Cam had a killer season, didn't expect the whoopin Denver laid on him, much like our boy Chase that took a whoopin at wky. That said, I think our boy chase coming out humbly saying he has a lot of growing up to do and then leaving was better than Cam walking off the stage. I don't think Cam meant anything negative by what he did, I think he was like, just get me out of this nightmare, please !!!!! He hadn't been there before guys, we all have to learn and he's still a young qb.

I see a ton of good in Cam Newton, give him some years , he will come around. Heck even our own Randy came around in time.

Still I hope Chase learned from Cam, wearing #1 I'm certain he's on Cam's train, but in all truth, Chase's almost teary apology post wky, was a ton better than Cam' s exit.

Lesson to be learned Chase? Pride goeth before the fall, practice humility and enjoy your climb.

We discern too much from too little. Cam had a killer season, didn't expect the whoopin Denver laid on him, much like our boy Chase that took a whoopin at wky. That said, I think our boy chase coming out humbly saying he has a lot of growing up to do and then leaving was better than Cam walking off the stage. I don't think Cam meant anything negative by what he did, I think he was like, just get me out of this nightmare, please !!!!! He hadn't been there before guys, we all have to learn and he's still a young qb.

I see a ton of good in Cam Newton, give him some years , he will come around. Heck even our own Randy came around in time.

Still I hope Chase learned from Cam, wearing #1 I'm certain he's on Cam's train, but in all truth, Chase's almost teary apology post wky, was a ton better than Cam' s exit.

Lesson to be learned Chase? Pride goeth before the fall, practice humility and enjoy your climb.
^ Here endeth the lesson!

It's the Super Bowl. The chances of ever getting back there are pretty slim. If you're going to portray yourself as Superman every chance you get, might want to be less Clark Kent when the big game is on the line.

Exactly.. So he doesn't want to dive for that ball because he may get hurt? Well he also may get hurt every time he steps on the field. Hell he was in a pretty bad car accident a year ago, wonder if he still drives? You know what, lets switch the scenario a little bit.. Say Cam is running about to score the touchdown that would have put the Panthers ahead, but a Broncos defender has the angle on him.. So Cam is gonna have to dive for the pylon to get in and he's also going to take a hit on the dive, but it's his only shot to score.. Is he gonna just slow down and dip out of bounds at the 2 yard line because diving for the game winning TD might result in a touchdown or busted shoulder? From his actions on that fumble, it seems like he may just do that.

But, then what you really have to remember is Cam's front running nature. I mean he can't dive on a fumble to give his team at least one last shot of winning the Super Bowl. But, he can front flip over two defenders in a regular season game that they are already up by three touchdowns. Don't tell me Cam was worried about injury, that's a cop out. Even if he really was worried about an injury it is still a cop out and tells me that he isn't willing to lay everything on the line for his team and teammates. It tells me Cam lacks heart. He had a teammate on the other side of the ball playing with a broke arm, stitched up in a way that looked like he borrowed the arm from Frankenstein but Cam Newton can't dive on a fumble?

That's not the kind of guy I want to share the locker room with. That's not the kind of guy you can win championships with either. Mark my words Cam will never win a title. He doesn't have a heart of a champion.

i saw someone yesterday said, it's not that cam is soft, or afraid of getting hurt, he's obviously not, he takes more hits than any other quarterback, he's not afraid to take off and run and get it, that's not the issue here, the issue is his poor decision making at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT