ADVERTISEMENT

In case any has missed it. Cam Newton is

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
black. He is a black quarter back. Not sure if anybody knew this or had heard about it. Once again, Cam Newton is black.

Reactions: ToesMU
They might be black when they get here, but they'll be Kelly Green for the rest of their lives... Like ALL other Sons of Marshall.

Michael Payton

Byron Leftwich

Rakeem Cato

They have not played in the Super Bowl.

Cam Newton is black.

Just wanted to share with everyone in case they haven't heard that he is black and in the Super Bowl.

I am sure the press has not mentioned it yet(in the last 10 seconds).

If you don't get this original post, you've not been watching TV at all....

It isn't really a post any more about Cam Newton (IMHO) as it is the media issue relating to pointing out his race. If they're been as much media hype and discussion about Peyton Manning being white, folks would be tired of it too.

If you don't get this original post, you've not been watching TV at all....

It isn't really a post any more about Cam Newton (IMHO) as it is the media issue relating to pointing out his race. If they're been as much media hype and discussion about Peyton Manning being white, folks would be tired of it too.

Thank you! Somebody got it correct!!

Reactions: 31Herd55
The story line is Cam Newton got his ass handed to him...the NFL MVP that he is whinned and pouted like a baby in the post game presser and left the scene in a hissy. What an great example of an MVP he is (not) and a disappointment to see his childish reaction to losing.

Doug-Williams-SI-cover.jpg

The story line is Cam Newton got his ass handed to him...the NFL MVP that he is whinned and pouted like a baby in the post game presser and left the scene in a hissy. What an great example of an MVP he is (not) and a disappointment to see his childish reaction to losing.

So he acted like Bellichick. But I'm sure that you're a fan of his.

I'm a Panther fan. Cam got lit up by superior defense. Miller is a great player, I don't think he got blocked all night.
You can't cry when you get your butt whipped, just go and get better.

So he acted like Bellichick. But I'm sure that you're a fan of his.

apples to oranges.

when he's winning belichick isn't dancing and happy to answer the media's questions. he's still the same, short, grumy, guarded interview. win or lose.

when cam's winning, he's dancing, he's talking about how great he and the panthers are as a team, but when he's not winning, this is what you get from him.

Reactions: Herdon2
Newton, who was born in the dark segregatist era of 1989 played the "race card" after the NFC championship. This was not only insulting to most white people, 99.9% of which have no racial animation in their opinion of Mr. Newton, whatever that opinion might be; but also to previous generations of blacks and other minorities, such as the above cited Doug Williams, who also did face such obsticles and paved the way for his life. Not only did he make a rediculious statement, he compounded it with "they have never seen anybody like me", which shows a total self-delusion, because, umm, Mr. Newton, yeah we have seen players like you, in all colors, plenty of times before.

Rather than criticize this rediculous set of statements, the talking heads, particularly at ESPN and CBS, had spent 2 weeks repeating it, under some oddly detached worldview that it is 1966 and not 2016.

Then can the game, where Mr. Newton was shown up by the other team, which, BTW, like all teams in the NFL, has both black and white players. As he does everytime things don't go his way, Newton pouted and acted like a two year old. A failing he shares with many other people. Black and white.

Special honorable mention to TJ Ward, who is black and had the moral courage to say what the media wont, which is that Newton and some of his team mates "want to be rap stars" and dismissing the whole idiotic ramblings of Mr. Newton as just so much ho-ha.

Perhaps in the future Mr. Newton will be more respectful of previous generations, more aware of his status in the world, and more circumspect in his comments. And perhaps the talking head idiots at ESPN, et al, will have the courtesy to STFU.

Never been a Cam fan, dating back to the illegal Auburn recruiting scenario. Does he have tremendous talent? Yes. Character and heart? No -- wouldn't even go after his own fumble. Bet that endeared him to his team mates!

ESPN and CBS, had spent 2 weeks repeating it, under some oddly detached worldview that it is 1966 and not 2016.

funny, this is exactly how i feel reading/watching 90% of today's news reports and social media reactions to said reports...

Manning comes off as a total class act, before, during, and after the game. A super performer and an individual of super character. On the other hand, Cam just came across as the TRUE TURD he IS.

A monumental job lies ahead for all the TURD POLISHER FANS of CAM.

Manning comes off as a total class act, before, during, and after the game. A super performer and an individual of super character. On the other hand, Cam just came across as the TRUE TURD he IS.

A monumental job lies ahead for all the TURD POLISHER FANS of CAM.

you mean like how manning walked off the field without shaking anyone's hand after losing the super bowl to the saints? or how when he lost a playoff game in indy completely threw his ol under the bus?

Manning is the epitome of class in the NFL... That's why he's in the middle of an HGH scandal. Didn't hear the NFL mentioning that too many times yesterday.

I also don't recall Cam insulting 99.9% of white people, but I guess you felt pretty offended.

And saying Cam has no heart or character because he didn't go after a fumble in the Super Bowl is absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: pj(HN)
And saying Cam has no heart or character because he didn't go after a fumble in the Super Bowl is absolutely hilarious.

i'd really love to hear him speak on why he didn't, other than what i think i saw "i don't know" from him last night. it was there, he was watching it, he made a move to get it, then at the last minute, just bailed. preseason, week 3, i could kind of see it, but 4th quarter of the super bowl, down 6, you have to get in there and get after it...

edit: it very well could be "i don't know." sometimes you do stuff in the heat of the moment without much thought. so, it's entirely possible cam doesn't know and will be asking himself that question for a good while.

Last edited:
Nevermind that the Broncos players were right next to door talking trash about Cam & Carolina during the presser. Media always feels entitled and unjustly so.

Nevermind that the Broncos players were right next to door talking trash about Cam & Carolina during the presser. Media always feels entitled and unjustly so.
That is a very good reason to pout, take your ball and go home. Duh.

He's just pointing out the obvious. His name isn't mentioned in the media unless him being black is mentioned along side it. He's being sarcastic. Like, STFU about it, we already know he's black. We can see that. Just talk about him as a quarterback, not a black quarterback.

Manning comes off as a total class act, before, during, and after the game.

Because the media chooses to portray him that way to you. He's acted like an ass several times, as mentioned above.

Not the MVP, so who would have been this year.

I can't believe I'm seeing this as a defense of his actions. If anything, it makes him look worse. Cam dish it, Cam't take it. To quote Cam Newton, "They don't make band-aids for hurt feelings."

Cam's actions in the locker room are minute compared to his actions on this one play:
fraidycam.0.gif

Yes let's jump into a pile head first and risk a concussion or busted shoulder

In game three , could argue that it would be a smart play for a franchise QB to protect himself on a play like that.

But when it's your last real chance to win the Super Bowl lying on the ground in front of you, that's a chance you HAVE to take. Especially when it's extremely unlikely he would have gotten hurt.

you mean like how manning walked off the field without shaking anyone's hand after losing the super bowl to the saints? or how when he lost a playoff game in indy completely threw his ol under the bus?

I'm glad someone else remembers that game. Anytime someone wonders why I hate manning, I reference That AFC championship game where he backed the bus up over one of the leagues best OL's in post game and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Cam is exactly what I thought he was....a 12 year old stuck in a man's body.

Not the MVP, so who would have been this year.
I have no argument that he deserved the NFL MVP award. My beef is how he (as the MVP) acted post game. Not very well I'm afraid. He should be above that...he represents the best of all in the NFL and he pouts like a baby when he loses. There was a terrific lesson he could have portrayed to all the youth who look up to him but, he blew it.

Yes let's jump into a pile head first and risk a concussion or busted shoulder
It's the Super Bowl. The chances of ever getting back there are pretty slim. If you're going to portray yourself as Superman every chance you get, might want to be less Clark Kent when the big game is on the line.

Manning is the epitome of class in the NFL... That's why he's in the middle of an HGH scandal. Didn't hear the NFL mentioning that too many times yesterday.

I also don't recall Cam insulting 99.9% of white people, but I guess you felt pretty offended.

Well why didn't he go after the fumble

Well, get some thick skin and man up. They won the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT