ADVERTISEMENT

It's a good thing we got to 8 wins

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
We were already denied a waiver.

The oversight committee also denied a waiver to Army, which was hoping to count two wins vs. FSC opponents toward bowl eligibility. Earlier in the season, the committee denied a similar waiver request by Marshall and Appalachian State. Marshall did reach bowl eligibility, but Appalachian State fell a win shy.

We were already denied a waiver.

The oversight committee also denied a waiver to Army, which was hoping to count two wins vs. FSC opponents toward bowl eligibility. Earlier in the season, the committee denied a similar waiver request by Marshall and Appalachian State. Marshall did reach bowl eligibility, but Appalachian State fell a win shy.

It seems strange they would want to keep 6-win teams out in favor of 5-win teams getting in, but I guess if they grant that request this year, all the shitty teams in the world would start scheduling 2 FCS games and try to take advantage.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
It seems strange they would want to keep 6-win teams out in favor of 5-win teams getting in, but I guess if they grant that request this year, all the shitty teams in the world would start scheduling 2 FCS games and try to take advantage.
I still don't get why JMU just can't play in one of these random crap bowls. They're far more deserving than some 5-7 team. I don't understand who this rule for transitioning teams benefits.

Last edited:
I still don't get why JMU just can't play in one of these random crap bowls. They're far more deserving that some 5-7 team. I don't understand who this rule for transitioning teams benefits.
Agreed... I guess this year that rule benefits Rice since they will get a bowl game, but it seems outdated to keep a transitioning team out. If they are good enough to win 6 games in their first year, so be it.

I also understand granting New Mexico State's request at 5-6... San Jose State cancelled on them due to a player death. That is not their fault in any way.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
We would have been good at 7. The waiver allows you to count two, you can always count one.

We would have been good at 7. The waiver allows you to count two, you can always count one.
I know. Just saying the way it looked at the end of October many thought we'd have to file for a waiver. I had no idea that it has already been attempted and denied.

Reactions: Rock98Dog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT