ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy Schools are ran by anti- sematic bigots

You think far too much of Israel if you think their intended outcome to any of this is a Palestinian state.

If Hamas didn’t expect this response then they didn’t expect the “success” they had with their attack. This was the only response anyone could’ve expected after what Hamas did.

Sorry your guy won. The Middle East was significantly more peaceful before the 2020 election.

The Palestinians thought the Arabs would have their back. They picked a fight and then turned around and no one was standing behind them.

Lest we forget...

"Trump said his administration was negotiating with several other Arab states, and that “when we start getting the rest of the countries in,” the Palestinians “will come to the table, 100 percent.”"

"“I said, ‘Wait until after the election. But after the election, we have to make a better deal,” Trump said. “I do say that. We’re going to make a better deal than we would have. But with Iran, they certainly should wait until after the election, because frankly, if Biden wins, they’ll make a much better deal.”"

You think far too much of Israel if you think their intended outcome to any of this is a Palestinian state.

If Hamas didn’t expect this response then they didn’t expect the “success” they had with their attack. This was the only response anyone could’ve expected after what Hamas did.
Granted we’re in the fog of war but everything I’ve read from Hamas leaders indicates they did not expect anywhere near this level of US backing. The goal was to draw the IDF into urban warfare. They just figured there would be buildings.

The shit that’s amping up now in the region is what genuinely concerns me. Iran is effing around & testing the “find out” boundaries.

Who rejected it

It doesn't matter why because the Palestinians will always reject it, they do not want Israel to exist at all.
^^^Idiots like you can never intellectually admit the fact that israel has effectively imprisoned the entire gaza strip for years.

^^^Idiots like you can never intellectually admit the fact that israel has effectively imprisoned the entire gaza strip for years.
Ray Liotta Laughing GIF

Reactions: raleighherdfan

Israel has actually agreed to a 2 state solution prior. They have actually asked for peace and conducted trade with Palestinians and had open borders between their countries prior to Hamas terrorists being voted into power. They have actually attempted to live in peace, giving up territories and moving Jews out, giving Palestinians land when they didn't have to. They had no real problem with a Palestinian state existing prior to a religious caliphate that believes all Jews should die coming into power.

I think Hamas knew there would be a response. Just not to the level we have seen. I think they actually believed the Arab world would rise up and defend them. No rational mind of leadership would take on a country of Israel's power knowing no help would arrive, and knowing they would utterly be destroyed/wiped out.

Granted we’re in the fog of war but everything I’ve read from Hamas leaders indicates they did not expect anywhere near this level of US backing. The goal was to draw the IDF into urban warfare. They just figured there would be buildings.

The shit that’s amping up now in the region is what genuinely concerns me. Iran is effing around & testing the “find out” boundaries.
I’m not sure what Hamas could’ve seen in the history of US-Israeli relations or our recent backing of Ukraine and thought “naw the US will sit this one out.” Maybe they did just make an enormous miscalculation but I feel like everything about the response has been predictable.

Israel has actually agreed to a 2 state solution prior. They have actually asked for peace and conducted trade with Palestinians and had open borders between their countries prior to Hamas terrorists being voted into power. They have actually attempted to live in peace, giving up territories and moving Jews out, giving Palestinians land when they didn't have to. They had no real problem with a Palestinian state existing prior to a religious caliphate that believes all Jews should die coming into power.

I think Hamas knew there would be a response. Just not to the level we have seen. I think they actually believed the Arab world would rise up and defend them. No rational mind of leadership would take on a country of Israel's power knowing no help would arrive, and knowing they would utterly be destroyed/wiped out.
Well, first off that is certainly one way to frame letting some Palestinians return after they’d been displaced.

But yes, Palestine should’ve taken the deal back 23 years ago or whenever it was. Again, most Palestinians alive today weren’t then, so it’s hard to lay that at their feet.

You’re also seriously whitewashing Palestinian-Isreali relations prior to Hamas.

Israel hasn't been has harsh as I expected.

I'd argue war is exactly what Hamas expected. Radical Muslims, much like radical Christians, really want the Big One over there.

Once we get all the hostages (or confirm they are dead), literally nothing will hold Israel back at that point. Make whatever treaties, arrangements or agreements that Hamas wants to get the hostages safely returned, then tell them they’ll be able to pick out their virgins within the hour.

Well, first off that is certainly one way to frame letting some Palestinians return after they’d been displaced.

But yes, Palestine should’ve taken the deal back 23 years ago or whenever it was. Again, most Palestinians alive today weren’t then, so it’s hard to lay that at their feet.

You’re also seriously whitewashing Palestinian-Isreali relations prior to Hamas.
So what you're saying is most Palestinians today choose not to learn what actually happened and accept blindly what they are told (to do) by their terrorist govt: Kill Jews because, they are Jews.

What's "whitewashing" about the multiple deals Israel agreed to, only to have Palestine walk away from what they asked for after Israel said "ok"? What about the Jews that were also displaced from lands they had lived on for generations in an effort to make peace. How should we "frame" that?

No one is claiming everything was liberal rainbows and unicorns before Hamas...but to deny that things began an ugly more threatening, antagonistic turn in their relationship, instigated by terrorist group hamas is, ignoring facts. Hamas exists to eliminate Jews, eliminate the west, eliminate non muslims. You cant coexist with those that hold that position.

Yehh Israel did it smart, so far anyway. They used artillery, air power, and then armor and leveled a lot of buildings. Smart move. Pound the shit out of them for days.

Hamas wanted a fight, but not this kind. I think Hamas also overplayed the hand that others would join in on their side. Such as Hezbollah and fighters might pour in like they did into Iraq and Afghanistan.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Once we get all the hostages (or confirm they are dead), literally nothing will hold Israel back at that point. Make whatever treaties, arrangements or agreements that Hamas wants to get the hostages safely returned, then tell them they’ll be able to pick out their virgins within the hour.
Bibi seems pretty adamant Israel will not accept a two-state solution - & if i remember right, he said he only needs like a month & a half more to finish the military's mission. I don't think that bodes well for any Palestinian.

Yehh Israel did it smart, so far anyway. They used artillery, air power, and then armor and leveled a lot of buildings. Smart move. Pound the shit out of them for days.

Hamas wanted a fight, but not this kind. I think Hamas also overplayed the hand that others would join in on their side. Such as Hezbollah and fighters might pour in like they did into Iraq and Afghanistan.
When the IDF surrounded cities & cut off supplies for a week before going in, it was brutal but tactically smart. Never fight someone on the terms they want.

So what you're saying is most Palestinians today choose not to learn what actually happened and accept blindly what they are told (to do) by their terrorist govt: Kill Jews because, they are Jews.

What's "whitewashing" about the multiple deals Israel agreed to, only to have Palestine walk away from what they asked for after Israel said "ok"? What about the Jews that were also displaced from lands they had lived on for generations in an effort to make peace. How should we "frame" that?

No one is claiming everything was liberal rainbows and unicorns before Hamas...but to deny that things began an ugly more threatening, antagonistic turn in their relationship, instigated by terrorist group hamas is, ignoring facts. Hamas exists to eliminate Jews, eliminate the west, eliminate non muslims. You cant coexist with those that hold that position.
Put yourself into the shoes of the average Palestinian, who is not even yet 20. You were born into this conflict. From the day you were born all you know is Israel bombs you. Israel killed your uncle. Your brother. Your friend. Maybe a parent or sibling, but almost certainly multiple people you know. The geopolitical history and who did what first don’t really matter to you.

And on top of like as you mention they have a religion telling them the people doing this to them are fundamentally evil. And not a ton of personal experience to say otherwise.
Look how apeshit we went over 9/11. We invaded places that didn’t even have anything to do with 9/11. And the vast majority of people don’t know anyone who was involved.

The converse of this is that many Israelis have the exact same factors working on them with regard to Palestinians. That’s a big part of why this mess is so intractable. Nothing I’m saying justifies, validates or excuses what Hamas does or anyone supporting Hamas, but they’re still realities that need dealt with. And everything happening now is exacerbating it.

Put yourself into the shoes of the average Palestinian, who is not even yet 20. You were born into this conflict. From the day you were born all you know is Israel bombs you. Israel killed your uncle. Your brother. Your friend. Maybe a parent or sibling, but almost certainly multiple people you know. The geopolitical history and who did what first don’t really matter to you.

And on top of like as you mention they have a religion telling them the people doing this to them are fundamentally evil. And not a ton of personal experience to say otherwise.
Look how apeshit we went over 9/11. We invaded places that didn’t even have anything to do with 9/11. And the vast majority of people don’t know anyone who was involved.

The converse of this is that many Israelis have the exact same factors working on them with regard to Palestinians. That’s a big part of why this mess is so intractable. Nothing I’m saying justifies, validates or excuses what Hamas does or anyone supporting Hamas, but they’re still realities that need dealt with. And everything happening now is exacerbating it.
There is a way for it to end. Just let Israel kick the living shit out of them. Sad to say but true. Or if the other side wins and just runs them out of there.

Wars end quicker when one side kicks the living shit out the other side to the point of them not wanting to fight anymore.

This is why the USA has got into some of the situatons it has since WW2. Vietnam is a prime example and to some degree the GWOT.

Look at the first Gulf War. We kicked the living shit out of Iraq and did it badly and quickly. Did it to the point they wanted to surrender and beg for mercy. We could have done more but called it off. That was nearly 50 years of the greatest military eve assembled to fight the cold war if it went hot and we took it out on Iraq. Over, quickly. Why the hell Husseign ever chose to fight that Army in a big armor and mobilization war in open desert is beyond belief. Hell, like I said, they had prepapred for it for 50 years.

The point is it would all be over if one side kicked the living shit out of the other to the point of submission.

There is a way for it to end. Just let Israel kick the living shit out of them. Sad to say but true. Or if the other side wins and just runs them out of there.

Wars end quicker when one side kicks the living shit out the other side to the point of them not wanting to fight anymore.

This is why the USA has got into some of the situatons it has since WW2. Vietnam is a prime example and to some degree the GWOT.

Look at the first Gulf War. We kicked the living shit out of Iraq and did it badly and quickly. Did it to the point they wanted to surrender and beg for mercy. We could have done more but called it off. That was nearly 50 years of the greatest military eve assembled to fight the cold war if it went hot and we took it out on Iraq. Over, quickly. Why the hell Husseign ever chose to fight that Army in a big armor and mobilization war in open desert is beyond belief. Hell, like I said, they had prepapred for it for 50 years.

The point is it would all be over if one side kicked the living shit out of the other to the point of submission.
Isn’t the fact that we had to go to Iraq again and fight Hussein again not that long after a bit of a condemnation of how Desert Storm was strategized?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT