ADVERTISEMENT

Job Losses are "Brilliantly Disguised?

Work Force Participation Rate.

They don't want to talk about that, especially working age males who are just leaving the work force.

Not sure if people saw James Bullard's interview where he was pumping up the January job numbers. Which is weird because if you look at the BLS report, there was a loss of 2.5 million jobs
Go back and look at the "revised" data month over month. It's even worse. The "on time" data releases are a joke. It's all for headlines and misinformation because most will never go back and look at what the real data is settling out to be.

Work Force Participation Rate.

They don't want to talk about that, especially working age males who are just leaving the work force.
Let's talk about it. Your orange jesus presided over a 1.5% decrease in LFPR, while Biden has presided over a 1% increase.

Go back and look at the "revised" data month over month. It's even worse. The "on time" data releases are a joke. It's all for headlines and misinformation because most will never go back and look at what the real data is settling out to be.
You mean like when job numbers for December and November were revised up.

Let's talk about it. Your orange jesus presided over a 1.5% decrease in LFPR, while Biden has presided over a 1% increase.
Can you ever try to discuss the situation at hand without reverting back to what about Trump?

I know it costs me more to live now. I know my investments and my dollar are worth less. Under BIden.

Reactions: rvntx
What is the 2.5 million against? The last report I see has a loss but it’s closer to 250k than 2.5M

What is the 2.5 million against? The last report I see has a loss but it’s closer to 250k than 2.5M
Look at the non-seasonally adjusted from the BLS. The theories are the Fed is purposely avoiding going deeper into the numbers so they can justify continuing to raise rates (two or three more times.)

Reactions: rvntx
I understand why you don't want me to. It makes your whining look stupid.

With ALL that money you say you make, is the cost of eggs ruining your vacation plans?
No, it is not ruining my vacation plans, but it hurts other people. Try to stay on topic and discuss BIden.

Look at the non-seasonally adjusted from the BLS. The theories are the Fed is purposely avoiding going deeper into the numbers so they can justify continuing to raise rates (two or three more times.)
wait until all these loans start defaulting from all the money they printed. Kick the can down the road. Setting up for an economic catastrophe at some point.

Isn’t a non-seasonally adjusted job number between Dec and Jan always going to be a bloodbath?

"The January jobs number is subject to an annual population correction by the Bureau of Labor Statistics that may have influenced the data. Due to the correction, the December and January jobs numbers are not directly comparable, and some economists have been putting up warning signs about this."

^^^This is from a story On The Hill.

Additionally, many of those tech companies laying off employees haven't hit the unemployment ranks yet in most of this data. As long as you have a "severance", you cant file for unemployment. As their severance is depleted, expect these unemployment numbers to go higher.

That’s Goodhart’s Law for you.
I quit trusting the jobs numbers (at face value) administrations ago. But when the numbers really don’t make sense AND they’re using it to justify continued rate hikes, people really should be asking questions

I quit trusting the jobs numbers (at face value) administrations ago. But when the numbers really don’t make sense AND they’re using it to justify continued rate hikes, people really should be asking questions
If I were Biden I would replace the head of the FED (appointed by Trump) and bring back Yellen who had a more sensible approach to monetary policy.

The credit bubble is stretching and stretching. It’s going to be very, very bad when it pops. We’ve creates a completely unsustainable level of credit.
Cash-out refinances will likely take off in the second half of this year

The "redneck buys $70k truck" market is going to die quickly.
Don't underestimate stupidity. You'd be surprised how long people are willing to finance a vehicle now-a-days. And I don't mean that as good thing. No one understands the phrase "depreciating asset" any more.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Don't underestimate stupidity. You'd be surprised how long people are willing to finance a vehicle now-a-days. And I don't mean that as good thing. No one understands the phrase "depreciating asset" any more.
The dealer when I bought my car tried to get me to use their financing and get a more expensive car (I already had secured a good rate elsewhere) by telling me an 72 month loan would keep my monthly payment lower. How many fall into that trap?

The dealer when I bought my car tried to get me to use their financing and get a more expensive car (I already had secured a good rate elsewhere) by telling me an 72 month loan would keep my monthly payment lower. How many fall into that trap?
I'm seeing them more & more (part of my job is reviewing credit reports.) A work vehicle I can understand, but not a vehicle that will be driven mainly to work & back home.

A lie is purposeful deception. Talking about LFPR under Trump while not mentioning the fact that the COVID lockdowns were the sole reason for the drop is purposefully deceptive and therefor no better than a lie.

The rate was steadily increasing each of the first three years of Trump’s term and then COVID hit. We are now a full three years past the COVID start and Biden hasn’t gotten us close to being back to pre-pandemic levels.

Obama killed the participation rate with his handouts and Trump reversed a negative 8 year trend almost immediately.

Talking about LFPR under Trump while not mentioning the fact that the COVID lockdowns were the sole reason for the drop is purposefully deceptive and therefor no better than a lie.
First, if it deceived someone, they would have to be complete idiots. There was no deception as I was and am mocking you trumptards for claiming how great things were under your orange jesus. Bad "luck" seems to be the only defense you have when it comes to comparing the economy of republican presidents and democratic presidents.

The rate was steadily increasing each of the first three years of Trump’s term and then COVID hit.
Case in point regarding "you trumptards for claiming how great things were under your orange jesus". The LFPR trend was dead flat the first 20 months of trumps presidency and dead flat the last 4 months before covid hit. That takes care of 24 months of your first 3 years.

"Trump reversed a negative 8 year trend almost immediately."

That's yet another lie^^^. The LFPR started trending up in Oct 2015 to March 2016.

Last edited:
Keep interest rates at zero for eternity? 😂
Thats not what I said. But we had a great economy and stock market with 2 percent inflation. It is time to stop raising interest rates as big inflation has peaked .Powell is the Volker type who does not know when to stop raising rates. Powell also listened to his boss Trump when he cut rates to keep the stock market over heating if you recall.

as big inflation has peaked
I own a bridge that crosses the Ohio River. Would you like to buy it?

Powell also listened to his boss Trump when he cut rates to keep the stock market over heating if you recall.
I recall your ilk wanting to shutdown businesses/commerce, while demanding the govt stimulate the economy with cheap money (int rates), and free payments to people not working.

I own a bridge that crosses the Ohio River. Would you like to buy it?

I recall your ilk wanting to shutdown businesses/commerce, while demanding the govt stimulate the economy with cheap money (int rates), and free payments to people not working.
That was to save lives. Trumps was to make more money. but his idea was also inflationary as was the big rich mans tax break. You guys never want to mention those facts.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Yep. Cheap low interest rate stimulus money and shutdowns. Those are the facts.

Oldie seems to be gushing over the Trump economy prior to covid. ahhahaaa.

Then, the govt wanted it shut down and when biden got in a Dems controlled both houses the printing presses got going printing money.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT