ADVERTISEMENT

John Gregory

Sep 18, 2007
He is doing the ESPN3 broadcast for the Wake Forest regional that WVU is in. I did not know he was a minor league player before his football career at Marshall. Anyways, thought this was interesting.

yes he was in school when I was there, I recall him being a tad older and from the minor leagues and maybe another school or JC before MU.

glad wake forest won.

He was 23-24 when he showed up in Htgn. Played pro baseball (maybe LAD org) and played football at SE La. before coming to MU.

Refresh my memory greenduke. Gregory goes down peterson takes over and we reached the national title game

^^^ I recall, but someone please correct me, Gregory won the job to start 1986 and played maybe 3 games before being injured. Peterson's first start was at VMI and Marshall won that game and finished the year 6-4-1. Tony then had a great '87 season and playoff. John became the starter in '88 which ended in a controversial loss to Furman in the quarterfinals at Fairfield.

Sucked it up after the motorcycle wreck to rehab that reconstructed ankle and showed one hell of a lot of guts to play his senior season. They say his screams of agony still haunt Gullickson...

He missed most of '86 due to the knee then had the wreck summer of '88. Was pretty mobile before the injuries.

I actually have an extra team produced set of Vero Beach Dodgers with a John Gregory baseball card in them...there were also some other guys who eventually made the bigs. I think it's a 25 card set if memory serves. If anyone wants one, I paid $10 and have one to spare. email me at todd at visit (no space) access dot com.

He sat with us at the wvu game that we lost late in the game at The Joan. He actually left early when we had the lead and an apparent win. He was a hoot that night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT