ADVERTISEMENT

Just here to say...

I would rather sit in the Henderson Center and watch Danny D’Antoni lose every single game from start to finish than give John Holliday one single penny towards what he is doing, and has done.
Losing is losing. I don't care if one coach is more likable than the other. I'm sick of turning on a Marshall game in either sport and watching us be outclassed by fellow G5/Midmajor teams.

Football program is in the crapper and recruiting is going down hill. Wouldn't be surprised if we finish 4th in the east next year behind FAU, WKU and Charlotte. John may get Pruett's win record at some point, but he'll do it as the most hated coach in Marshall history.

For allowing it to happen, and despite all the facilities he has built, Hamrick will also go down as reviled by the fan base.

Football program is in the crapper and recruiting is going down hill. Wouldn't be surprised if we finish 4th in the east next year behind FAU, WKU and Charlotte. John may get Pruett's win record at some point, but he'll do it as the most hated coach in Marshall history.

For allowing it to happen, and despite all the facilities he has built, Hamrick will also go down as reviled by the fan base.

He's hoping the basketball fan mentality makes its way into football. Where no one really cares if we win or lose. Gotta weed out all of those decades old expectations.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I would rather sit in the Henderson Center and watch Danny D’Antoni lose every single game from start to finish than give John Holliday one single penny towards what he is doing, and has done.
Seriously! You are on the wrong board for that, youband herdorbust would go well t

He won’t top BP. Next year is it for Doc, it’s in the hopper.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
He won’t top BP. Next year is it for Doc, it’s in the hopper.

Wish I shared your confidence. What worries me:

1) they're lifelong buddies, hard to fire a friend.
2) the coup attempt by Justice and Pruett made for serious bad blood. Hamrick would like nothing more then to push Pruett out of the top spot.
3) Hamrick has an outsized ego. He would relish in being the only AD to hire a 100 win coach at Marshall.
4) Hamrick's very recent comments about "fans should be excited as we go for our 9th win" shows he is perfectly content with John's performance.

2) the coup attempt by Justice and Pruett made for serious bad blood. Hamrick would like nothing more then to push Pruett out of the top spot.
3) Hamrick has an outsized ego. He would relish in being the only AD to hire a 100 win coach at Marshall.
4) Hamrick's very recent comments about "fans should be excited as we go for our 9th win" shows he is perfectly content with John's performance.

Im praying it might not be up to Hamrick for much longer. There’s no way an empty stadium can be ignored by the President and BOG.

Dr. Gilbert is a very nice man - open and approachable to students and faculty and is very social. All of that plays a part in being the president of the university but he needs a serious wake up call regarding the football program as well as both the men and women’s basketball teams (as well as our band). I think he is satisfied because no one is rattling his chains. Public pressure on him and the Board of Governors seems to be the only path to achieve any change of direction in the program. JMO

4) Hamrick's very recent comments about "fans should be excited as we go for 9th win" shows he is perfectly content with John's performance.
Well, he does already have a 100 win coach. Danny D passed the mark last week.

Reactions: horsrman

There won’t be a firing. It’s all been decided.

Losing is losing. I don't care if one coach is more likable than the other. I'm sick of turning on a Marshall game in either sport and watching us be outclassed by fellow G5/Midmajor teams.

exactly. It doesn’t matter what sport it is. I am sick of seeing us lose and not compete.

I don’t care how exciting a basketball game is if we are losing more than we win it is no better than the football team. A loss is a loss. Lack of winning games you should win and being competitive in other games is getting old. At least this year we played much better against the big boys in basketball but that is about it.

Dr. Gilbert will be the first to tell you that athletics are the marketing window to a university; not that I think he is happy about that, but he does know it. I've heard him say it myself, in public settings.

Now will he act with the results we are getting in wins & losses, I don't know. I'd think attendance would be more pressing than it is. Any frankly, I have a tough time myself understanding how attendance can be hurt so bad by 8 & 5 seasons. But I think a 20 & 10 season in basketball will probably do the same.

exactly. It doesn’t matter what sport it is. I am sick of seeing us lose and not compete.

I don’t care how exciting a basketball game is if we are losing more than we win it is no better than the football team. A loss is a loss. Lack of winning games you should win and being competitive in other games is getting old. At least this year we played much better against the big boys in basketball but that is about it.

Never understood how anyone can call a loss exciting.

God knows you’re not doing your part by donating or attending games.

Well, I attended 8 games this year and gave $2,200 to the BG. Are you saying that if I go to 9 games and donate $3,000 to the BG we will win a championship next year?

We had better attendance and more donations in 2019 than FAU, how did they manage to win yet another title? It's puzzling.

Any frankly, I have a tough time myself understanding how attendance can be hurt so bad by 8 & 5 seasons

I kind of agree with you. But truthfully, for me the only 2 seasons that were fun to watch under Doc were '13 and '14. The rest of the seasons seem like watching paint dry. While 8-5 isn't a bad season, we got kind of use to watching 9-3 seasons under Pruett with a bunch of conference championships, winning bowl games, and being ranked occasionally. I think I speak for many of us when I say we should still be doing most of what I mentioned above.

God knows you’re not doing your part by donating or attending games.
I will not be renwing my Big Green donation at this point. I work hard for my money and I will not send it in until there is some kind of action plan.

Also coach, we were told we needed an IPF, it would give us a great advantage in play and recruiting. We were told we needed a weight room, it would give us an advantage. We were told we needed to update the locker and meeting rooms, it would give us an advantage.

I have donated to all those and we have gotten worse results with each step. Heck, I was even stupid enough to donate when they raised money for the new AD search. I've given money to everything they've asked for as it pertains to football and what has it produced besides more asks. It was like the "huge announcement" they teased for a month. Just turned out the "big announcement" was they wanted even more money. I'm tired of it. Show me a return on investment and I might be willing to invest more.

Reactions: Elkview
Well, I attended 8 games this year and gave $2,200 to the BG. Are you saying that if I go to 9 games and donate $3,000 to the BG we will win a championship next year?

We had better attendance and more donations in 2019 than FAU, how did they manage to win yet another title? It's puzzling.

I’m saying we need more fans like yourself.

Reactions: 19MU88
For the fifth straight year, I will not be texting John to offer my services and help his desperately helpless program. That stopped in 2015, much like his contract should have been.

I also will not be telling his verbal commits that Marshall is a good place and program when they call me again begging for an offer or even an invite for an official visit like some have done in the past.

Since 2014, we average 7.6 wins per season and 5.2 losses. We are a 7-5 team over the course of a half decade, think about that.

I’m saying we need more fans like yourself.

All the money and attendance in the world will not make John Holliday a good head football coach. I had a great banking career. I worked at 5 different banks, at every one, no matter the credit culture, the systems, the expectations, who my boss was, who I managed, I was successful and a top producer. It didn't matter how much they were paying me, how nice my desk was, if I got a new computer or worked with pencil and paper.

If you got it, you got it. If you don't you don't. Everything else is just an excuse. That's why guys like you pizz me off by offering up lame azz excuses for an underproducer. If he could do it, he would do it, but he can't. What's worse is that I don't think he tries as hard in 2019 as he did in 2010. He's content with being mediocre. It's almost like he proved something to himself in 2014 and got satisfied. We will be damn lucky to win 6 games next year if nothing changes.

If you got it, you got it. If you don't you don't. Everything else is just an excuse. That's why guys like you pizz me off by offering up lame azz excuses for an underproducer. If he could do it, he would do it, but he can't.

And that's an excellent analysis. Coach Stowers wants to point the finger at everyone and everything else rather than where the real problem is.

I would use the saying, "don't confuse efforts with results," but even that no longer applies to John Holliday. He is clearly planning on riding off into the sunset to retire.

Agree 100 % !!!!. Not only is he a terrible coach he does nothing for the community and is so dang secretive. What is he trying to hide? I think he is afraid someone will find out our punt formation

he does nothing for the community

Talk about the game all you want, but this is just ignorance.

What does he do on his own time for Huntington? Not talking about things he does because they are part of his job. What does he do on his own time? Feed the hungry? Raise funds for charity? Support the fire/police? Support youth sports?

And I am being serious not rude here....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT